John Idzik Ripped On Air

MatthewPLP

I honestly can't be mad at the team anymore i just laugh it is the only true way to deal with this franchise because technically besides the parcells era they have been dysfunctional.

they constantly draft the wrong guy

they consistently can not find and develop a QB

they consistently lose games they should win

we are the epitome of a sucky organization from top to bottom and the sad thing is until we get a owner with some balls we will be.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's funny, and sad, is that Rex has so re-defined and minimized our expectations for what a coach actually does (or, is supposed to do), that we've completely stopped blaming that position for wins and losses. Instead, we blame everyone else around that coach--the OC, the owner, the GM, the quarterback, etc., but we've excepted the head coach from blame almost entirely. Rex has worked so hard to make sure the fans like him that he's practically pledged fealty to them and, as a result, we accept him as a constant. He's bevome that idiot buddy we all have that does stupid stuff constantly and we just write it off as "that's just Rex being Rex."

Tom, what you are saying, essentially is that the Jets were a 10-6 or better team last year, with that roster and Geno.

No politics, no personal attacks, and -my personal preference- no Francessa, either.

I'm sure the guy ranted all over the place and said things people wanted to hear -or not- but I'm not going to listen to it because I can't stand the pompous douche, and refuse to support him enough to hit play on a youtube video. And I'm in favor of a clean sweep of the front office, coaching staff, and most of the players. In fact, I'd like Woody to sell the team to a group from Nebraska, who'll move them there, change their name and colors, and have them start playing indoor soccer so that I can finally be free. But I won't give Francesca's opinions on the matter the time of day.

yes. it doesn't matter if he is right or wrong, every time I hear this windbag sing his tune, all I can think of is punching his face in

This thread is downright embarrassing. I for one am not happy about the Jets however I am sick and tired of how people sink to the lowest common denominator - name calling etc. Really proud of patenting Idziot - what are you 8 years old? It is so easy to jump off the bandwagon when things are bad - let's just denigrate and name call and mock by all accounts good dedicated people. These same people who bash the Jets when they are down and out arethe same ones when they win (which they will with Idzik) bromancing and humping each other in drunken stupors. Do me a favor when the Jets win with Idzik stand to the side and be quiet - you don't deserve it. Does this mean you can't criticize Idzik and the Jets - no- but mocking name calling applauding the one trick pony Francesca whose schtick finally appears to apply is so easy to do and downright tiresome. Fans come in all sizes and shapes - I think Idzik is a good dedicated man and he is disciplined and has a plan. To call for his ouster is easy after less than 2 years on the job ( you don't think the likes of Francesca will bash that move either)- to support him in bad timescis a little more difficult but I will support him and when he wins it will be that much more enjoyable.

Idzik sucks and should be fired immediately.

Go Jets! 

What's funny, and sad, is that Rex has so re-defined and minimized our expectations for what a coach actually does (or, is supposed to do), that we've completely stopped blaming that position for wins and losses. Instead, we blame everyone else around that coach--the OC, the owner, the GM, the quarterback, etc., but we've excepted the head coach from blame almost entirely. Rex has worked so hard to make sure the fans like him that he's practically pledged fealty to them and, as a result, we accept him as a constant. He's bevome that idiot buddy we all have that does stupid stuff constantly and we just write it off as "that's just Rex being Rex."

Oh bullsh*t.  That is the nature of the board.  People pick somebody and say - they could win if only...  People defended Pennington.  They defended Sanchez.  They defended Mangini.  Hell, they defended Clemens and Brooks ******* Bollinger

Francesa is a lazy, redundant tool.  He hates the Jets and the Mets and makes no secret of it.  I never listen to him anymore, haven;t in several years.  He constantly repeats himself when he speaks.  It is an annoying habit.  And it is easy to take shots at the Jets.  Especially right now.  I do not like haters.  And he is a Numero Uno Hater.

Francesa is a lazy, redundant tool.  He hates the Jets and the Mets and makes no secret of it.  I never listen to him anymore, haven;t in several years.  He constantly repeats himself when he speaks.  It is an annoying habit.  And it is easy to take shots at the Jets.  Especially right now.  I do not like haters.  And he is a Numero Uno Hater.

I must be a hater too because I agreed with everything he said.

Out of 19 picks 3 are out of football and these were a 4th rounder and two 6th rounders. 3 picks are injured. In two drafts they have a starting TE, guard, DL, safety , CB (injured), had a starting QB ( was the logical draft choice at the time). At this time not great drafts but certainly not the worst. Dozier will be a starter next year and so will one of their WRs draft picks in my opinion.

"dozier and one of the wide receivers will startnext season". there is zero evidence to back this statement. just wishful thinking and to be honest,dozier was the only draft pick I liked.. you don't even state which wide receiver, but its got to one of them right? injuries happen, idziks draft choices it just seems to happen more. the tight end is a big goof with 2 left feet(although he has seemed to improve), the qb is probably the worst I have ever seen, guards are horrible, cb was horrible, and the safety is lost in space. the safety pick was one of the worst. I just don't/didn't see anything about him that warranted the number 18 pick. john pulled 1 player and nothing but question marks out of 18 draft picks. to give john more time is just delaying the inevitable.

4 of 19 picks the last two years are playing. There is no plan and if this clown stays we will suffer. Who will sign here as a FA? Do you want to see this guy screw up another draft?

this is true.  But at least 4 of them are injured, and some are on the practice squad. You could even call Saunders an injury.  I know he went to some other squad, but that episode of his was unsettling. So I do not think that is abysmal, unless these guys show that they cannot play when their time comes.  that number is pretty close to normal in the football world.

That is okay.  He can be right.  I could even agree with him.  Because I do not the him.  Even the biggest assholes in the world can be right sometime.  I just do not bother to listen to him because he would be on one side of the argument no matter what.  He loathes the Jets.  And he is such a hypocrite that he rooted for them when his former buddy BP went there, even though he despised them and their organization before.

this is true.  But at least 4 of them are injured, and some are on the practice squad. You could even call Saunders an injury.  I know he went to some other squad, but that episode of his was unsettling. So I do not think that is abysmal, unless these guys show that they cannot play when their time comes.  that number is pretty close to normal in the football world.

with all due respect, the simple fact that his draft picks are not playing, regardless of why, speaks volumes of johns ability to draft. out of the few guys who are actually playing, 1 is playing great, 1 is less than average, and the rest suck. young, good players at least show flashes. name 1 player that is eather playing well or atleast is showing flashes not named richardson

with all due respect, the simple fact that his draft picks are not playing, regardless of why, speaks volumes of johns ability to draft. out of the few guys who are actually playing, 1 is playing great, 1 is less than average, and the rest suck. young, good players at least show flashes. name 1 player that is eather playing well or atleast is showing flashes not named richardson

Amaro is def. flashing.

"dozier and one of the wide receivers will startnext season". there is zero evidence to back this statement. just wishful thinking and to be honest,dozier was the only draft pick I liked.. you don't even state which wide receiver, but its got to one of them right? injuries happen, idziks draft choices it just seems to happen more. the tight end is a big goof with 2 left feet(although he has seemed to improve), the qb is probably the worst I have ever seen, guards are horrible, cb was horrible, and the safety is lost in space. the safety pick was one of the worst. I just don't/didn't see anything about him that warranted the number 18 pick. john pulled 1 player and nothing but question marks out of 18 draft picks. to give john more time is just delaying the inevitable.

I received emails from Idzik that Dozier will start next year - of course there is no evidence this is opinion based on what little facts I have available reading about these prospects. Way too early to call Pryor a bust. How is Lee working out as a WR - the one that all the armchair GMs were calling to draft. The draft is a bit of a crapshoot.

I received emails from Idzik that Dozier will start next year - of course there is no evidence this is opinion based on what little facts I have available reading about these prospects. Way too early to call Pryor a bust. How is Lee working out as a WR - the one that all the armchair GMs were calling to draft. The draft is a bit of a crapshoot.

??

Against my better judgment I clicked on the link and I'm glad I did..  it was such over the top nonsense I found myself laughing (as did he at least twice during the rant).  How anyone can think that yelling was nothing more than trolling is beyond me.

I barely listen to him but this is his schtick, right?  That got ramped up even more when the Jets finally decided not to allow him access to players or management for interviews.  His ramblings are meant to incite and entertain.  He sure does seem to have some of you guys hook, line, and sinker.

I'm actually a little embarrassed that some of you are praising this Morton Downey Jr rant like it's some kind of revelation.

I am not going to kill the Milliner draft.  He is hurt, and played hurt this year.  He was one of the highest rated guys on a lot of boards.  You cannot say McDougle sucks, or Evans sucks.  There just is not enough evidence of that.  They were hurt very early.  Football players get hurt.  Just about all football players get hurt.  Don't know about Dozier or Aboushi yet.  I will grant that Winters blows.  Guys like Reilly were not drafted to start.

None of this matters. Herbie the Love Bug could have said those things yesterday, and I hate that ******* car, but I still would have agreed with him.

Me too.

this arm chair gm didn't want lee, fwiw. " what little facts". there are no facts. the draft is a crapshoot, but when you are not even aiming your gun, the odds get worse

pryor,mcdougle,sanders? these were all bad picks in their respected draft slots

Against my better judgment I clicked on the link and I'm glad I did..  it was such over the top nonsense I found myself laughing (as did he at least twice during the rant).  How anyone can think that yelling was nothing more than trolling is beyond me.

I barely listen to him but this is his schtick, right?  That got ramped up even more when the Jets finally decided not to allow him access to players or management for interviews.  His ramblings are meant to incite and entertain.  He sure does seem to have some of you guys hook, line, and sinker.

I'm actually a little embarrassed that some of you are praising this Morton Downey Jr rant like it's some kind of revelation.

Sounding kinda jelly.

The points he makes before the yelling are legit - more logical than a lot of the verbal dump taking you do here.

Sounding kinda jelly.

The points he makes before the yelling are legit - more logical than a lot of the verbal dump taking you do here.

Hey whatever man..  if you like his shtick then have at it.  I found it a little funny but it's hard to take him seriously when he laughs at his own screaming (like he did right before the 4 minute mark).  He and the local scribes are having fun throwing haymakers at Idzik.  Sure he deserves some blame and criticism but this TMZ like thrashing he's getting the last 2 days is so over the top it starts to lose it's effect.

ya, I think it was closer to 200 yards. he is WAAYYY over the top with his bs. fat ass is one of my least favorite persons on this planet

You realize that when people are saying "Francessa is right" they aren't referencing his obviously exaggerated stats, right?

I am not going to kill the Milliner draft.  He is hurt, and played hurt this year.  He was one of the highest rated guys on a lot of boards.  You cannot say McDougle sucks, or Evans sucks.  There just is not enough evidence of that.  They were hurt very early.  Football players get hurt.  Just about all football players get hurt.  Don't know about Dozier or Aboushi yet.  I will grant that Winters blows.  Guys like Reilly were not drafted to start.

mcdougle was a reach of epic proportions. john idziks panic plan. he will be 2 years removed from football without taking a meaningful snap. an upward battle is an understatement at this point

evans I kinda like. I guess we will see

the fact is only 2 players out of all his draft picks are playing good enough. don't care how you slice it. regardless of all the what ifs anyone can muster.if it is just all bad luck, I don't want that bad luck anywheres near my team making draft picks

Hey whatever man..  if you like his shtick then have at it.  I found it a little funny but it's hard to take him seriously when he laughs at his own screaming (like he did right before the 4 minute mark).  He and the local scribes are having fun throwing haymakers at Idzik.  Sure he deserves some blame and criticism but this TMZ like thrashing he's getting the last 2 days is so over the top it starts to lose it's effect.

I think, if you can shelve the bias and take his distasteful schtick with a grain of salt, he does weave in salient, hard-hitting points that are truer than a lot of fans are ready to admit they are. I like that part of his show. You don't get that from Beningo or Carton, or Eisen, or the Mikes, none of them really know the game well enough to tell it like it is - they instead just echo varying sub-segments of the fanbase, like idiots. 

I guess I prefer the truth wrapped in grotesqueness, when the alternative is fluff wrapped in stupid from the other shows.

Sometimes, I also like hearing dumb fans call in and get handled by him, he's the king of all trolls. 

I think, if you can shelve the bias and take his distasteful schtick with a grain of salt, he does weave in salient, hard-hitting points that are truer than a lot of fans are ready to admit they are. I like that part of his show. You don't get that from Beningo or Carton, or Eisen, or the Mikes, none of them really know the game well enough to tell it like it is - they instead just echo varying sub-segments of the fanbase, like idiots. 

I guess I prefer the truth wrapped in grotesqueness, when the alternative is fluff wrapped in stupid from the other shows.

Sometimes, I also like hearing dumb fans call in and get handled by him, he's the king of all trolls. 

Well he's been around forever so what do I know...  It was ok but the way this thread was reading I thought when I clicked on it I was going to hear a Will Hunting to Robin Williams like thrashing and all I heard was manufactured anger and a couple cheap shots.  I did laugh so I'll give him that but it certainly didn't lower my opinion about the Jets in any way.  Maybe it's because he was acting as opposed to a guy like Eisen or Greenburg who are actual fans of the team. 

Ok, so Francessa said the Jets are a Joke. The only reason that is news is because he is the oldest of the blowhards. Yes, Jets suck. Yes, Jets will not make playoffs or even be .500 this year. It doesn't take a "sports pope" to know this. He went off on Idzik's press conference but then agai, we as Jets fans probably did the same. The fact that his rant was published in newspapers shows that it was a slow news day

He is 100% right at this moment, there are times though that his hate for the Jets/Mets cloud his judgement. At this point in time though, I have to begrudingly agree that he is right.

Jets Suck.

Bye Bye Rex, Geno and hopefully Idzik.

Well he's been around forever so what do I know...  It was ok but the way this thread was reading I thought when I clicked on it I was going to hear a Will Hunting to Robin Williams like thrashing and all I heard was manufactured anger and a couple cheap shots.  I did laugh so I'll give him that but it certainly didn't lower my opinion about the Jets in any way.  Maybe it's because he was acting as opposed to a guy like Eisen or Greenburg who are actual fans of the team. 

Yeah, I think some of our fans are focused on the wrong part of the "rant". I listened to the whole segment, he was on point. The manufactured anger part was dopey, I agree. Eisen's "rant" was laughable, because it was more excuse-making for Rex, than it was outrage. The media is coming out in droves piling on Idzik, with a soft undertone of none of this was Rex's fault. Which is just not true. Rex is the Jets, for 6 years running. To treat him like he's not at the center of this mess is unfair to the parts of our fanbase that take their cues from the media.

Yeah, I think some of our fans are focused on the wrong part of the "rant". I listened to the whole segment, he was on point. The manufactured anger part was dopey, I agree. Eisen's "rant" was laughable, because it was more excuse-making for Rex, than it was outrage. The media is coming out in droves piling on Idzik, with a soft undertone of none of this was Rex's fault. Which is just not true. Rex is the Jets, for 6 years running. To treat him like he's not at the center of this mess is unfair to the parts of our fanbase that take their cues from the media.

Even if we grant that rex didnt create the mess, the lack of accountability, discipline, and some of the worst in-game management we have seen since herm is 100 percent on Rex. Maybe he was given a steaming pile to work with, but it is the culture rex is responsible for that gives us basically no chance any given week. A talent-inferior team has such a small margin of error in the nfl, cant afford the coach adding to the handicaps.

The Jets are not a joke organization. For once they have a GM who is deliberate disciplined and has a sound methodology. I agree the jury is out on the talent assessment - but it is too early to assess his drafts- he has had some nice pickups outside the draft and the misses were low financial risks.

You're right - its you who are the joke.

Archived