Help us put up a billboard

FireJohnIdzik

I appreciate what you guys have done in the name of "our cause" it IS OURS. I just hope that the true culprit is the next target going forward: Woody Johnson, the worst owner in the history of New York sports franchises. For anyone to dismiss this movement out of hand must have missed the videos of sign holders being ejected from the stadium the other night. Woody cares, he cares a LOT what people think and say about him. This is so much better than the alternative of fans wearing paper bags on their heads that will NEVER be shown on national TV...not in this day and age.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate what you guys have done in the name of "our cause" it IS OURS. I just hope that the true culprit is the next target going forward: Woody Johnson, the worst owner in the history of New York sports franchises. For anyone to dismiss this movement out of hand must have missed the videos of sign holders being ejected from the stadium the other night. Woody cares, he cares a LOT what people think and say about him. This is so much better than the alternative of fans wearing paper bags on their heads that will NEVER be shown on national TV...not in this day and age.

First I'm hearing the fans were ejected go figure this organization has hit an all time low as far as I'm concerned. 

This should encourage others to donate and help the cause that being the end of sh*t football and an owner who hasn't a clue. 

FU Woody 

First I'm hearing the fans were ejected go figure this organization has hit an all time low as far as I'm concerned. 

This should encourage others to donate and help the cause that being the end of sh*t football and an owner who hasn't a clue. 

FU Woody 

Yup they were JW-they were made to take the signs down and a few were shown the parking lot and the fans around were chanting "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" I'll see if I can find the videos

J.D. and the Straight Shot say hello.

J.D. and the Straight Shot say hello.

can somebody decipher this for me please?

Oh on edit Dom if this is a reference to the Dolans, yea I would STILL have rather had them get the Jets over Richie Rich. At least the Jets would be sucking as they exited Jets Stadium on the Westside Highway

can somebody decipher this for me please?

Oh on edit Dom if this is a reference to the Dolans, yea I would STILL have rather had them get the Jets over Richie Rich. At least the Jets would be sucking as they exited Jets Stadium on the Westside Highway

?

1.  Dolan is at least 278% worse than Woody.

2.  Dolan is the reason the team does not have a stadium on the West Side.

You think Geno and Rex are bad?  Try JR Smith and Isiah Thomas

?

1.  Dolan is at least 278% worse than Woody.

2.  Dolan is the reason the team does not have a stadium on the West Side.

You think Geno and Rex are bad?  Try JR Smith and Isiah Thomas

as for #2 had the Dolans won the bid there would have been a stadium Dom that there isn't is because they DIDN'T win that bid...bitterness

as for #2 had the Dolans won the bid there would have been a stadium Dom that there isn't is because they DIDN'T win that bid...bitterness

dolan blocked the jets via sheldon silvers office to reduce competition for the NYC sports dollar.  he's to blame either way.

dolan blocked the jets via sheldon silvers office to reduce competition for the NYC sports dollar.  he's to blame either way.

I understand that, but the issue is WHY did he use his political influence to scuttle the Westside Highway deal. The timeline was the deal was undone AFTER Woody Johnson was awarded the jets franchise over the Dolan group and they did it because they were bitter about not being given the Jets over Johnson, a simple case of resentment.  

I understand that, but the issue is WHY did he use his political influence to scuttle the Westside Highway deal. The timeline was the deal was undone AFTER Woody Johnson was awarded the jets franchise over the Dolan group and they did it because they were bitter about not being given the Jets over Johnson, a simple case of resentment.

I don't think that was it at all. Dolans crappy cable empire had a monopoly on ALL large and medium sized concert venues in Manhattan owning MSG. The Theater at MSG, the Radio City Music Hall and the Beacon. The original plan for WSS included a concert venue sized arena. It was worth the 45 million in advertising and the 10 million bribe to that corrupt grafter Silver to maintain their monopoly

I don't think that was it at all. Dolans crappy cable empire had a monopoly on ALL large and medium sized concert venues in Manhattan owning MSG. The Theater at MSG, the Radio City Music Hall and the Beacon. The original plan for WSS included a concert venue sized arena. It was worth the 45 million in advertising and the 10 million bribe to that corrupt grafter Silver to maintain their monopoly

I see you haven't quite finished yet.

I see you haven't quite finished yet.

Yea I think I'm remembering why I posted very little over at the other place even though I was able to. Some guys will look for an argument any and everywhere they can find one. I don't know, but JetNation has always been about exchanging ideas not fighting about who is right or as BP so aptly put it arguing about "whose dick is bigger" (not meaning you Hitman)

Yeah, Dolan would have done that with anyone. It happened to have been Woody Johnson (who has plenty of faults, and few would state otherwise). But no matter who else got the team it would have ended the same. In hindsight, Johnson should have spent less on lobbying and advertising (reportedly spent some $70M) and should have spent more on direct bribery. Johnson has few redeeming qualities, but blaming him because Dolan screwed everyone who isn't him by bribing a politician he's known for years makes Dolan the #1 scumbag, not Johnson. It is obvious that Johnson wanted the WSS and Dolan is the cause of why it didn't happen.

Further, there is zero guarantee the Jets would have been playing in a WSS if the Dolan clan added the Jets to their empire. Even the Dolans know that if they were the owners/controllers of the only 2 out of 2 huge venues in the borough some interested group may have eventually come along to break it up. There's an excellent chance that, after the dust settled, the Jets would have ended up right where they are today, in NJ with the Giants. 

The one thing Johnson arguably should have done, but his ego wouldn't allow, is to build the stadium in Queens where the idea was generally welcomed. Public transportation that actually went to a place where people go to/from (unlike Secaucus); it's right next to an international airport; there would be a "coming home" sense to the Shea fan base; there would be no co-ownership with the Giants so there's an actual branded and Jets-colored venue; the Jets - unlike the Giants - would have actually been in NY...plus any other reasons I'm missing. But it wasn't Manhattan and Woody's a frickin stubborn, egotistical mule. I don't know. Maybe he was worried all the concerts wouldn't have gone to his venue with a brand new Citi Field right next door that's some 40,000 seats easier for most acts to fill up (no one wants to see full sections of mostly-empty seats).

I hate JD more than any of you.  The father actually seemed to be a standup guy for the most part.  To be fair though, the Dolan's crappy cable empire did not have a monopoly at first.  They acquired one of the years.  They blackballed people from MSG if they played at others venue etc until they could get all the other theaters.  I was there when they got Radio City.  They had been pimping up the Felt Forum, but all that went out the window once that got Radio City.  

Archived