Help us put up a billboard

FireJohnIdzik

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see if we don't think a billboard is a good idea  we are not die - hard fans and are in denial. Maybe your anger  and emotions might be clouding your judgement

So you accept failure?  You obviously aren't a person who shows emotions or sticks up for his beliefs. My judgement is very clouded by the product Woody Johnsonand John Idzik has put on the field this season.

So you accept failure?  You obviously aren't a person who shows emotions or sticks up for his beliefs. My judgement is very clouded by the product Woody Johnsonand John Idzik has put on the field this season.

I don't accept failure but I think we go about dealing with failure in different ways.  I get the feeling half of you guys are inspired by Young Frankenstein with pitchforks and torchers. I prefer to give Idzik more time - I like his approach - granted the Jets are bad now but it doesn't mean it can't be different next year.

I don't accept failure but I think we go about dealing with failure in different ways.  I get the feeling half of you guys are inspired by Young Frankenstein with pitchforks and torchers. I prefer to give Idzik more time - I like his approach - granted the Jets are bad now but it doesn't mean it can't be different next year.

More time based on what? He blew free agency and the draft all in 1 year. He failed to address obvious needs on this team.

He was not part of the success in Seattle he made the bus schedules. Idzik is not the answer we are 1-7 with no hope in sight.

RB: Ivory/Powell

WR; Decker/Harvin/Kerley/ Evans

TE; Amaro/Cumberland

OL: Still very servicable - confident it will get better.

QB: This is a problem

DL: in good shape

LB: again not a problem

CB/S: Clouded. McDougle/Millner return next year. Pryor will be in 2nd year.

Jets have alot of cap $$ - I'm not saying it's wonderful but not as bad as people are saying. Big decisions on QB and coaching staff.

RB: Ivory/Powell

WR; Decker/Harvin/Kerley/ Evans

TE; Amaro/Cumberland

OL: Still very servicable - confident it will get better.

QB: This is a problem

DL: in good shape

LB: again not a problem

CB/S: Clouded. McDougle/Millner return next year. Pryor will be in 2nd year.

Jets have alot of cap $$ - I'm not saying it's wonderful but not as bad as people are saying. Big decisions on QB and coaching staff.

OL as much of a problem as the QB situation could very well be the problem our QBs struggle ever watch Brady or Manning they have all the time in the world to throw the ball and find open WRs or TEs not here the QB is under constant pressure

OL as much of a problem as the QB situation could very well be the problem our QBs struggle ever watch Brady or Manning they have all the time in the world to throw the ball and find open WRs or TEs not here the QB is under constant pressure

They also get the ball out quicker than everyone else.

They also get the ball out quicker than everyone else.

Go watch film on both of them they have a lot of time if you remember 2009-2010 Sanchez was given equal time he succeeded here as a QB completing passes its not always the QBs fault but most who don't understand the game don't see it any other way.

Go watch film on both of them they have a lot of time if you remember 2009-2010 Sanchez was given equal time he succeeded here as a QB completing passes its not always the QBs fault but most who don't understand the game don't see it any other way.

QB pressure is key I agree. The Jets DL had good pressure on Brady but I believe no sacks - quick reads ball gone. Having a QB like Manning and Brady can make up for alot of OL ills. Many of Smith wows and pressures were a result of slow reads and holding onto the ball too long. Even the best of lines will break down under these conditions.

LOL just got a text from a friend who goes to games with me on occasion and is reading here now he said Jets fans would rather buy 2 beers at the stadium instead of donating to a good cause.

It's a cause -  I'm not how sure how good it is. It's not a charity.

I'd rather have 2 beers than an awful t-shirt and a billboard that guarantees nothing.

That you will piss away and leave the stadium aggravated from yet another loss and with less money in your pocket again.

The t-shirt can be used as a car wash rag if all else fails.

Do you really support Idzik and what hes done here?

Our O line is old and very overrated. We have ivory and nothing else. Powell is a free agent. We have average at absolute best WRs. Only a few teams have worse WRs and almost all have better. Amaro? Eh.

Our D line is again overrated. LBs? How are we okay? Harris is old and will be gone, pace is a grandfather, Davis talks and not much else and couples? Give me a brake.

I don't even have to get started on the secondary. We need 2 corners and 2 safeties. Fire Idzik Now!!!

Funny thing is I was just listening to NFLN (sat. radio) earlier this afternoon, and they'd (allegedly) asked some current GMs about the Jets' HC/GM situation and the majority of them said (no names; off the record) that they'd fire Idzik but keep Ryan.

Sperm - I find it hard to believe that some current GM would comment on this - I'm sorry I just do. They are aholes for doing so if they did - you think they would be up to their own eyeballs with their own problems let alone knowing what is going on with Idzik. Besides what is a majority 2 out of 3?

Our O line is old and very overrated. We have ivory and nothing else. Powell is a free agent. We have average at absolute best WRs. Only a few teams have worse WRs and almost all have better. Amaro? Eh.

Our D line is again overrated. LBs? How are we okay? Harris is old and will be gone, pace is a grandfather, Davis talks and not much else and couples? Give me a brake.

I don't even have to get started on the secondary. We need 2 corners and 2 safeties. Fire Idzik Now!!!

Some of you fans are the reason Idzik and woody think they can put a crap product on the field and get away with it.

Sperm Edwards - I agree with that. Rex has done all he could and was given no talent.

Agree with both of you gentlemen

Sperm - I find it hard to believe that some current GM would comment on this - I'm sorry I just do. They are aholes for doing so if they did - you think they would be up to their own eyeballs with their own problems let alone knowing what is going on with Idzik. Besides what is a majority 2 out of 3?

Well I'm not rendering that opinion; only passing on what I heard. 

I don't remember word for word but it wasn't like a mincing-words definition technicality of what constitutes a "majority" of or "most" GMs. They made it sound like it was the overwhelming, predominant opinion. As in either unanimous or closer to 6 out of 7 rather than 2 out of 3 where they found the only 2 guys willing to say so and threw out all but 1 of the dissenting opinions.

Well I'm not rendering that opinion; only passing on what I heard. 

I don't remember word for word but it wasn't like a mincing-words definition technicality of what constitutes a "majority" of or "most" GMs. They made it sound like it was the overwhelming, predominant opinion. As in either unanimous or closer to 6 out of 7 rather than 2 out of 3 where they found the only 2 guys willing to say so and threw out all but 1 of the dissenting opinions.

I hear you - I just find it strange that fellow GMs would make such comments if its true.

Agree with both of you gentlemen

Hang on, it wasn't my opinion. It was the opinion of other GMs. 

I've seen enough. Whatever shortcomings he has been given in terms of personnel, and there's plenty of leaks that he's not exactly shopping for his own groceries (nor would I want him to), there is never an excuse for going 1-7 and getting more chances. Even a total turnaround shouldn't save him because the season was already over rendering the turnaround useless. And I say this as someone who has been more than fair to him. 

Even though there are a lot of things I like about him still, this collapse is too much. Plus if we're lacking in the scouting aspect, which we are, then we clearly need a HC who's going to be an asset in the process.  For this job, with this franchise, he doesn't bring enough to the table. In another setting I think he could succeed but this isn't that setting. 

Archived