Mr. Johnson, Bill Parcells on line 1.

NamathToCaster

does parcells even give a sh*t about the jets anymore?

uhh..  yeah.  He talks to Rex all the time.  Why do you think we tried to get David Lee for 2 years and hired Sparano.

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- One of the most influential figures in Jets history, Bill Parcells, will be inducted Saturday into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The current coach, Rex Ryan, considers Parcells a mentor.

Ryan got to know Parcells in 2008 when Ryan interviewed for the Dolphins' head-coaching vacancy. Parcells, running the organization, ended up hiring Tony Sparano. But the Dolphins' boss made an impression on Ryan, who had a hunch Sparano would get the job but took the interview to be able to meet with Parcells.

"Let's just put it this way: I gained way more out of it than he did," Ryan said. "He got nothing from me, and I got a ton from him. He was amazing. He talked about setting up a team. He talked about the bottom of your roster. He even talked about the developmental team and a whole lot of things that I've used. I don't know how long the interview was, but I took so much from it.

"He's kind of a mentor, and I wish I spent more time with him, but what an impressive guy. Obviously, you know what you get with him, the type of team he had. He's tough, but he was consistent. He's just a great football coach. Obviously, very deserving of going into the Hall of Fame."

In 2009, Ryan told me he called Parcells during the season, seeking advice during one of the Jets' slumps. Ryan said Parcells' response was: "Rex, you have to be more of a head coach." Heeding Parcells' wisdom, Ryan started to get more involved in the offense that season. Now, four years later, Ryan is going the opposite way. He's back to being the de facto defensive coordinator, leaving the offense to Marty Mornhinweg.

File that advice under: "What's good for one coach ..."

Looks like we can add "hiring Sparano" to the list of things that aren't Rex's fault.

If the Grand Poobah tells you to check out a certain guy, you check out that guy.

Rex made the mistake and hired him but if you think it's all a coincidence you're nuts.

If the Grand Poobah tells you to check out a certain guy, you check out that guy.

Rex made the mistake and hired him but if you think it's all a coincidence you're nuts.

Parcells recommended Sparano as the OC to get back at the Jets......... not to help them.........and TRex ate it up.

uhh..  yeah.  He talks to Rex all the time.  Why do you think we tried to get David Lee for 2 years and hired Sparano.

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- One of the most influential figures in Jets history, Bill Parcells, will be inducted Saturday into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The current coach, Rex Ryan, considers Parcells a mentor.

Ryan got to know Parcells in 2008 when Ryan interviewed for the Dolphins' head-coaching vacancy. Parcells, running the organization, ended up hiring Tony Sparano. But the Dolphins' boss made an impression on Ryan, who had a hunch Sparano would get the job but took the interview to be able to meet with Parcells.

"Let's just put it this way: I gained way more out of it than he did," Ryan said. "He got nothing from me, and I got a ton from him. He was amazing. He talked about setting up a team. He talked about the bottom of your roster. He even talked about the developmental team and a whole lot of things that I've used. I don't know how long the interview was, but I took so much from it.

"He's kind of a mentor, and I wish I spent more time with him, but what an impressive guy. Obviously, you know what you get with him, the type of team he had. He's tough, but he was consistent. He's just a great football coach. Obviously, very deserving of going into the Hall of Fame."

In 2009, Ryan told me he called Parcells during the season, seeking advice during one of the Jets' slumps. Ryan said Parcells' response was: "Rex, you have to be more of a head coach." Heeding Parcells' wisdom, Ryan started to get more involved in the offense that season. Now, four years later, Ryan is going the opposite way. He's back to being the de facto defensive coordinator, leaving the offense to Marty Mornhinweg.

File that advice under: "What's good for one coach ..."

Not helping your cause.

Call Parcells and ask him what?  To coach?  No way....he would only do it if the team was good.  He coaches a team when they are good, and then runs when the salary cap catches up to him.

To GM?  ABSOLUTELY NOT....have you looked at his drafting record?  He is worse than Idzik has been.

I love this place.

No more retreads!  What about Parcells?

Terry Bradway should be gutted like a fish and his body divided and FedExed to at least six different locations!  Tannenbaum is the worst GM in history! Nobody in their ******* right mind would think that Tony Sparano could even be an effective gofer in the NFL!  Do you think Parcells could suggest anybody good?

I love this place.

No more retreads!  What about Parcells?

Terry Bradway should be gutted like a fish and his body divided and FedExed to at least six different locations!  Tannenbaum is the worst GM in history! Nobody in their ******* right mind would think that Tony Sparano could even be an effective gofer in the NFL!  Do you think Parcells could suggest anybody good?

I am not sure I agree with that but I am amazed as to how Bradway keeps any job with the Jets organization. He should have been fired a long time ago....

I am not sure I agree with that but I am amazed as to how Bradway keeps any job with the Jets organization. He should have been fired a long time ago....

but he wanted russell wilson. pounded on a table and everything.

Archived