Opportunity to see what the offense is

drsamuel84

All season we've been looking at the offense through Geno Smith.  This season has been looked at (and rightfully so) as an opportunity to see if Geno could be a franchise QB.  Now that we know this isn't the case, we should really be looking at it the other way around.  Does this offense have enough weapons?  I definitely don't have high expectations for Geno and I realize he will turn the ball over.  But he's talented enough to help us make a true evaluation on guys like Harvin and Amaro and even if Decker is a true number 1 receiver.  So Jets fans while the playoffs are out of the picture, there's a little something to keep an eye out on going forward.

Yes sorry meant Vick.  And you're right there's a lot more to evaluate in this offense than just Geno.  Don't forget our O-line, is Geno holding on to the ball too long or is it time to start thinking about upgrades?  All questions that can't be answered when you have a QB playing as poorly as Geno was.

The offense is terrible.

Decker sucks

Kerley is Decker but shorter

Harvin is a basket case

Amaro is plodding lug

Cumberland is pathetic

Ivory is good

CJ is done

Powell is decent

the OL sucks

Decker is an excellent #2 WR. Unfortunately we don't have a #1... Yet. His speed is adequate, big and imposing, outstanding hands, picture perfect route tree, hard worker, excellent lead by example player.

Kerley had a horrible game vs the Bills days after signing an extension, but he is called mr 3rd down for a reason. He is fearless, quick, and makes the big plays.

I don't know enough about Harvin to comment. But I will say for a guy who was so hated in Seattle, it pretty amazing we didn't hear anything about these major issues until Seattle began damage control, and it was also weird that prominent Seattle players tweeted their shock when he was traded. Just sayin

Amaro looks like our best pick since Richardson. Very productive already with horrible QB play.

Cumberland catches the ball when his number is called. Great size and hands.

Ivory is good. (You got that one right!)

CJ is done. (That's 2 in a row!!)

Powell should be our #2. Period. Very well rounded football player. We would have been better off never bringing in CJ.

Our O- line needs a major overhaul. Colon needs to go obviously, and I'd force D'Brick into a major restructure to even consider keeping him next season. Even then I think he's finished.

Vicks gonna rush for 100 plus yds because he's an unprepared POS.

Hell have 3 turnovers.

Lets say he has zero turnovers, zero INTs, and they win the game. Does anyone really believe that well learn what our 2015 offense will look like in the process? I don't.

Watching Michael Vick trot onto that field Sunday Is going to be torture for me. Hell throw deep, run scared, and turn the ball over.

Vicks gonna rush for 100 plus yds because he's an unprepared POS.

Hell have 3 turnovers.

Lets say he has zero turnovers, zero INTs, and they win the game. Does anyone really believe that well learn what our 2015 offense will look like in the process? I don't.

Watching Michael Vick trot onto that field Sunday Is going to be torture for me. Hell throw deep, run scared, and turn the ball over.

I don't think it solves all our problems but having a veteran legit NFL QB could really help us evaluate the rest of the offense.  We've seen a ton of analysis about Geno not seeing open receivers well let's see if that's the case.

Archived