We Want Marcus Mariota!!!!

GangGreenDover

Say it with me! I have lost hope for this season I don't even care if we win this next game I see the problem which is QB we could also use some corners too and 1 more receiver But bring in New Coach/Gm or whatever get Mariota and watch magic happen our team is not far off its just mistakes that cause us to lose because someone watches our QB throw pick after pick and still start him and just now trying to throw Vick in smh

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mariota is far from a sure thing. He spends a lot of his time in shot gun just like Geno did in WVU. Mariota has a better character and seems to have the capable accuracy but if we don't fire our QB coach he will be taught backwards how to play under center and it will completely stunt his growth. Example.. Geno. Not that Geno had the play making ability Mariota has but that's neither here nor there. Mariota plays in a spread high octane offense.. even with a make over to the offense this upcoming off season the WCO I could imagine will be hard to translate smoothly. I don't know.. that's just how I see it for... i say we draft a QB later then the 1st round and strictly worry about other offensive skill positions. We can address defense through FA. Maybe even get a Vet QB to battle our rookie. It could play out a lot of ways... I don't see our future as dark as some. We are in deep sh*t right now though.

Hopefully we're not dumb enough to pass on this kid if we're in a position to draft him. I'd love to see him developed by a competent coaching staff who knows how to properly groom a QB - ideally Harbaugh, or if we can't pry him away maybe someone like Malzahn. 

I've said it before - if properly developed, he's a rich man's Kaepernick. 

I'm on the Mariota bandwagon. I get he's not a slam dunk pick but Andrew Luck sure things only comes around every 8-10 years. Mariota is, by far, my favorite QB in the class. What he has that neither Sanchez nor Geno have/had is intangibles and terrific leadership qualities (as well as size and speed). JMO maybe but I'm all in.  

Hopefully we're not dumb enough to pass on this kid if we're in a position to draft him. I'd love to see him developed by a competent coaching staff who knows how to properly groom a QB - ideally Harbaugh, or if we can't pry him away maybe someone like Malzahn. 

Harbaugh's not going anywhere and if you dislike Rex's antics you're gonna hate Harbaugh's even more. 

Mariota is far from a sure thing. He spends a lot of his time in shot gun just like Geno did in WVU. Mariota has a better character and seems to have the capable accuracy but if we don't fire our QB coach he will be taught backwards how to play under center and it will completely stunt his growth. Example.. Geno. Not that Geno had the play making ability Mariota has but that's neither here nor there. Mariota plays in a spread high octane offense.. even with a make over to the offense this upcoming off season the WCO I could imagine will be hard to translate smoothly. I don't know.. that's just how I see it for... i say we draft a QB later then the 1st round and strictly worry about other offensive skill positions. We can address defense through FA. Maybe even get a Vet QB to battle our rookie. It could play out a lot of ways... I don't see our future as dark as some. We are in deep sh*t right now though.

I tend to agree with this.  I am not a big fan of Mariota (although if we pick him I will be a huge Mariota fan beginning in April) or any spread QB for that matter.  I would prefer to grab a playmaker like Cooper or White with the first pick and if we have to, trade up into the back of the first round for a guy like Connor Cook out of Michigan State.  If we do take a QB, I hope we also sign a vet who can play while the rook sits and learns the pro game.  I do not want to see another rookie thrown in from day one who is not likely ready to play.  

I completely agree with some of you guys. DO IT RIGHT!!!

1. Clean House

2. Hire Credible GM/HC and staff

3. Admit to rebuilding at least for 1 year

4. Sign Veteran who will start at least year 1

5. Draft QB in 1st round. (best available, IMO prob Mariota)

6. Sit that QB for at least first full year

7. For fans- DEAL with the fact this team will suck once again next year but at least there's hope for the future. 

yup, that's the key. i would rather start the season with matt moore if a coaching change isn't made. zero percent chance rex develops a rookie qb. zero.

1. Clean House

7. For fans- DEAL with the fact this team will suck once again next year but at least there's hope for the future. 

Not that I disagree with your points, but I don't think Mariota will be available when Jets pick.  Winston may be.

I'm on the Mariota bandwagon. I get he's not a slam dunk pick but Andrew Luck sure things only comes around every 8-10 years. Mariota is, by far, my favorite QB in the class. What he has that neither Sanchez nor Geno have/had is intangibles and terrific leadership qualities (as well as size and speed). JMO maybe but I'm all in.

I'm full steam on Mariota. I know he isn't a sure thing, BUT the dude shows he knows how to protect the football. Even if he isn't a Andrew Luck type of talent that's fine to me because he looks the part of an Alex Smith type, but with the dual threat, and superior athleticism. I'll sign up for that all day, and twice on Sunday.

1. Clean House

We already know most of this won't happen.

Holy crap you just drafted Johnny Football last year.  Give another team a chance.  

But is he an alpha male?

I love this quote from some anonymous scout. Scouts work for teams and 90% of the time when smear like this occurs at this time of the year the scout is trying to drum up negativity to scare other teams off of the player because his employer likes him. I am still undecided, strictly football-wise, who the better QB prospect in the draft is, but there is no question in my mind as to who gets selected first. In today's game, QB needs to not only be your best player on offense, but the face of your franchise. Are we sure NY is the best place for Jameis to be handed the keys?

We want to unload the #1 pick for some good value.  Wouldn't mind taking Mariota later in the round.  If we have top 3 then I would rather trade or use the pick on another player.

Yeah, who knows maybe we can get Leonard Williams, or Rand Gregory

Yeah, who knows maybe we can get Leonard Williams, or Rand Gregory

Yeah I don't really watch college so I don't know really know too much about these players.  I did catch a Mariota game though and I'm not sold on him being a great NFL QB.  I just don't think he's a top 5 pick.  Maybe I'm wrong seeing as I'm not a scout but I just dont see it.  

Maybe trade out and pick up a top guard late in the round.  Any good guards coming out?  

This is going to be a tough choice next year for sure

Me, I think I would hedge my bets.

Football team is not a football team without the QB (hence Jets)

I would try to get Mariota in 1st round

I would use a later pick to get the kid from Colorado State or the kid from Washington State

I would try and trade Geno for more picks

Depending on how Vick does here I would keep him as hold the fort or bring in some better Vet to hold the fort until at least half way thru next season.

I would use a later pick to get the kid from Colorado State or the kid from Washington State

Depending on how Vick does here I would keep him as hold the fort or bring in some better Vet to hold the fort until at least half way thru next season.

I don't think you will get any sort of value by trading Geno.  Maybe a late round if lucky at this point.  He's seen as a backup now.

I love this quote from some anonymous scout. Scouts work for teams and 90% of the time when smear like this occurs at this time of the year the scout is trying to drum up negativity to scare other teams off of the player because his employer likes him. I am still undecided, strictly football-wise, who the better QB prospect in the draft is, but there is no question in my mind as to who gets selected first. In today's game, QB needs to not only be your best player on offense, but the face of your franchise. Are we sure NY is the best place for Jameis to be handed the keys?

What's gonna seperate the 2 is hand size, apparently that's the most important thing now for selecting a QB.

agree. it's time to try more often than once every 3 years. teams like the eagles and pats are often drafting QBs even when there isn't a "need" per say. you can always trade the other guy if jets happen to land 2 around the same time (given our history, that's not going to happen). the last thing i would worry about as a jets fan is having too many good QBs.

If Chip Kelly was our coach then i'd be all in on Mariota

Archived