The Game - Official Denver vs NE thread

PatriotReign37

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manning is now 5-11 versus Brady.

He is nothing more than the CuMar of NFL QB's. Compiles gaudy numbers but never wins in the clutch.

How psyched are you that Gronk is back in form?   Wow is that guy a monster.  We should send Amaro to live with Gronk during the off season just to pick up some pointers.  What a player.

nope

Patriots played well.  No doubt, but this game means nothing, much like last year's regular season Patriots win.  No one is going to give a oven baked $hit if th Patriots lose to Denver in the playoffs.

Manning is now 5-11 versus Brady.

He is nothing more than the CuMar of NFL QB's. Compiles gaudy numbers but never wins in the clutch.

While their is some truth in this post, I think Peyton resides a little further up the QB food chain than CuMar does on the RB one.

Did you see Denver holding the NE DL?

No, probably not.

Yes, but it wasn't nearly as often or as gratuitous as what the Pats were getting away with. Yesterday was one of those games where the Pats DBs were just allowed to make contract with the receivers on every play, not ticky-tack contact, they were mugging them. It is what it is, I've gotten used to seeing at least 4 games a year up in Foxboro that just steamroll like that, and it's always the same... the Pats OL holds like crazy and the DBs mug receivers. It's as if Bill is saying "I dare you to call it on every play and make this game unwatchable, who do you think Goodell is going to sh*t on, Me the hall of fame coach, or You the officials?"

Yes, but it wasn't nearly as often or as gratuitous as what the Pats were getting away with. Yesterday was one of those games where the Pats DBs were just allowed to make contract with the receivers on every play, not ticky-tack contact, they were mugging them. It is what it is, I've gotten used to seeing at least 4 games a year up in Foxboro that just steamroll like that, and it's always the same... the Pats OL holds like crazy and the DBs mug receivers. It's as if Bill is saying "I dare you to call it on every play and make this game unwatchable, who do you think Goodell is going to sh*t on, Me the hall of fame coach, or You the officials?"

And that is exactly how a good HC coaches up players. Holding can be called on virtually every play in the NFL.

Knowing what you can and can not get away with is critically important. Each officiating crew calls games differently. Last night crew has called some of the least amount of penalties in the league.

You don't think BB knew that going into the game?

And that is exactly how a good HC coaches up players. Holding can be called on virtually every play in the NFL.

Knowing what you can and can not get away with is critically important. Each officiating crew calls games differently. Last night crew has called some of the least amount of penalties in the league.

You don't think BB knew that going into the game?

Where did I say this? I think the "they can't penalize us for everything, it would ruin the game" gambit is sewn into everything the Pats do. 

Where did I say this? I think the "they can't penalize us for everything, it would ruin the game" gambit is sewn into everything the Pats do.

Again, it's called situational coaching.

The Pats Oline does the best job clutching and grabbing. But they keep their arms and hands into their bodies.

When someone extends their arms and holds, they get flagged for it.

And your last post is 100% accurate.

Archived