Cam Newton

AFJF

Terrilbe players don't go undefeated and win national championships...JMO

Now, he might be a terrible NFL player, but we'll have to wait and see for that.

That's what I'm talking about is in the NFL. He's great in college but will suck in the NFL. I want nothing to do with him on the Jets.

It's the same thing I said about Geno when he was coming out.

I'd rather take my chances with Winston over Cam as a passer going forward honestly...

Winston's a dummy but it does seem winning's important to him. Did you guys watch Cam last night...? He's just broken as a passer and needs to be rebuilt, so many awful habits.

Here's some random sh*t about NFL QBs:

- Of the 32 starting QBs in the NFL, 4 are from the same 2 colleges - Drew Brees/Kyle Orton (Purdue) & Phillip Rivers/Mike Glennon (NC State)

- The SEC also rules NFL QBs with 7 starters - Cam Newton (Auburn), Jay Cutler (Vanderbilt), Peyton Manning (Tennessee), Matthew Stafford (Georgia), Ryan Tannehill (Texas A&M), Eli Manning (Ole Miss), and Zach Mettenberger (LSU)

- Big 10 has 5 - Tom Brady (Michigan), Drew Brees & Kyle Orton (Purdue), Russell Wilson (Wisconsin), and Brian Hoyer (Michigan State) 

- ACC has 4 - Phillip Rivers & Mike Glennon (NC State), Matt Ryan (Boston College), and Mike Vick (Virginia Tech)

- Pac 12 has 4 - Carson Palmer (USC), Alex Smith (Utah), Andrew Luck (Stanford), and Aaron Rodgers (Cal)

I'd rather take my chances with Winston over Cam as a passer going forward honestly...

Winston's a dummy but it does seem winning's important to him. Did you guys watch Cam last night...? He's just broken as a passer and needs to be rebuilt, so many awful habits.

I didnt...he was that bad?  Thurs night game are unbearable for the most part and I want to watch our future 1st round bust. 

I could deal with Cam figuring it out on the Jets.  At least there some glimmer of hope. 

Yeah, I was referring to his career. Not one game or one bad stretch. I mean, from the first time he played in the NFL up until now, he's been incredibly productive.

For the most part. He really started to improve last year. There was a learning curve when he first came out, as to be expected. This years slide could be tied to new wr's.

Winston's not good enough as a player to look past the off-the-field sh*t. He's going to need a lot of work and personal motivation to become a good pro, and it doesn't seem as if he's the type of guy who wants to take that job seriously. I'm not handing him $20 mil and expecting him to be in the film room at 6 am.

Cam's physical traits make up for his streaky passing. He has a strong arm and is built like a linebacker. He is unstoppable when he runs the ball, and he can take a hit. He can move the offense, even if it doesn't look pretty. He also had back to back 4k passing yards, and that was without any real 'weaponz' outside of Steve Smith (now K.Benjamin) and Olsen.

Cam, an average pocket passer, and Winston have the same completion % in college, btw. Winston plays more like Geno than Cam, tbh.

Suggest anyone wanting Cam go watch last nights game...he's terrible. Geno's not the runner Cam is obviously...but as passers they're similar. No touch, every throw looks the same...doesnt lead receivers and has problems reading coverages. Everything just takes forever for both of them in the pocket and they try and make up for it with their arms...

Had a lot of the same issues Jameis Winston had at FSU. Heavily scrutinized for poor character, stole another student's laptop, caught cheating at UF. He's been fine as a pro though.

After his performance last night you choose to post this??? Of all times.

He has ZERO playoff wins. 4 years into his career he doesn't look like an NFL QB. If we draft Winston, Mr "f#%k her in her pu$$y!" He will make this Geno debacle look like the golden era of the NY Jets.

QB, especially in NY requires a special type of leader. Winston is the exact opposite.

Winston's not good enough as a player to look past the off-the-field sh*t. He's going to need a lot of work and personal motivation to become a good pro, and it doesn't seem as if he's the type of guy who wants to take that job seriously. I'm not handing him $20 mil and expecting him to be in the film room at 6 am.

If he comes straight from the club, he could definitely be there at 6 a.m.

not sure where this thread is going or what the point is but Cam is an awesome football player. he's been carrying the Panthers offense for 2 years. tough as hell to bring down in the pocket, superior arm strength, scrambling/running ability is awesome, he's pretty much developed into the complete package now on the field. he needs to work on his touch, throws too many fastballs and that leads to overthrows, but hes 25 years old playing the hardest position in sports at a really high level. 

last nights game means nothing, their Oline personnel was a joke. 

Carolina better wise up and pay him this offseason. he'll have about 25 teams calling if they don't

not sure where this thread is going or what the point is but Cam is an awesome football player. he's been carrying the Panthers offense for 2 years. tough as hell to bring down in the pocket, superior arm strength, scrambling/running ability is awesome, he's pretty much developed into the complete package now on the field. he needs to work on his touch, throws too many fastballs and that leads to overthrows, but hes 25 years old playing the hardest position in sports at a really high level. 

last nights game means nothing, their Oline personnel was a joke. 

Carolina better wise up and pay him this offseason. he'll have about 25 teams calling if they don't

We're watching different players. His best season was his rookie year and he's getting worse as a passer. He's an under 60% thrower...and now that he's been banged up he can't rely on his legs nearly as much. Last night he looked like Geno. He's just not a good passer...frentic in the pocket, zero touch on his throws and is always behind on his reads.

The Panthers defense carried that team last year.

As a player Cam is bigger, stronger, faster, has more arm strength, throws a tighter spiral, and has been carrying rosters his wholel life.

Winston is Matt Leinart all over again. Avoid avoid avoid

He does throw a pretty ball. reminds me of vinny

We're watching different players. His best season was his rookie year and he's getting worse as a passer. He's an under 60% thrower...and now that he's been banged up he can't rely on his legs nearly as much. Last night he looked like Geno. He's just not a good passer...frentic in the pocket, zero touch on his throws and is always behind on his reads.

The Panthers defense carried that team last year.

agreed on your point about Carolina's defense, they were on another planet last year. my point was that he's been carrying the offense. their RB's are a joke, Olsen is a nice possession guy, Smitty was a tough player but nothing special and besides Kelvin they've had zero playmakers around him the past few years (ugh the olll Jets excuse). 

I'd take my chances with Cam Newton. if you wouldn't, that's fine 

QB, especially in NY requires a special type of leader. Winston is the exact opposite.

oh a special kind of leader? Ok well Idzik will just pick one up at the special kind of leader section of the franchise QB store. No prob. 

beggars cant be choosers

After his performance last night you choose to post this??? Of all times.

He has ZERO playoff wins. 4 years into his career he doesn't look like an NFL QB. If we draft Winston, Mr "f#%k her in her pu$$y!" He will make this Geno debacle look like the golden era of the NY Jets.

Love it when people judge a player on a single game...great way to evaluate.

How does a horrible player put up such incredible numbers and essentially never lose? I would think a horrible player would be pretty easy to game plan for and pitch a shutout every week. Kinda like Geno.

Taj Boyd also lit up the ACC, that's how.  

just out of curiosity, who was the OC when Cam was at Auburn?    that's the guys the Jets should go get.  

Newton is not a franchise QB. If he was not a number 1 pick nobody would look at him in that iight. Newton has had maybe 1 game this year where he looked like the great prospect he was as a rookie. The numbers Steve Smith is putting up with Flacco just make Newton look worse and Smith has taken his own shots at Newton as well.  Right now Newtons upside is a Jay Cutlerish career.

As for Winston I think the big question for him is if the payday as the first pick in the draft keeps him motivated or not.  

Suggest anyone wanting Cam go watch last nights game...he's terrible. Geno's not the runner Cam is obviously...but as passers they're similar. No touch, every throw looks the same...doesnt lead receivers and has problems reading coverages. Everything just takes forever for both of them in the pocket and they try and make up for it with their arms...

Cam has never thrown 20 ints in a season, and has never thrown more ints than TDs w/ career comp pct just below 60%. How is that anything close to Geno? Geno is on pace for over 20 ints having played fewer than six full games.

Cam has never thrown 20 ints in a season, and has never thrown more ints than TDs w/ career comp pct just below 60%. How is that anything close to Geno? Geno is on pace for over 20 ints having played fewer than six full games.

They just look awfully similar in the pocket as passers. Cams stronger and protects the football better...but he's looked so bad this year throwing.

Archived