Fire Idzik is out of hand

Freemanm

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are now in the one of the best cap positions in the league 

Who cares? cap space is worthless. The cap goes up 10 mil every dam year.  The cowboys and redskins were cap penalized and still made moves. The only one who benefits from all this cap space is Woody, who pockets the remainder.

Who cares? cap space is worthless. The cap goes up 10 mil every dam year.  The cowboys and redskins were cap penalized and still made moves. The only one who benefits from all this cap space is Woody, who pockets the remainder.

And where are the Cowboys and Redskins?  How many championships do they have since they've been penalized?  How many playoff wins?

It's not going in Woody's pocket (at least not long term)  The cap money eventually has to be spent as per the CBA (I believe it's 90% of the total, over the course of the CBA,l must be spent by the end of the CBA.

You guys are all reactionary and not looking at the big picture

the big picture is 1 bonafide draft pick out of 19, and even TOmShane believes that was rex's doing. do you believe idzik had good drafts? if so, I don't know what to tell you. if not? what makes you think he could do any better next year?

the big picture is 1 bonafide draft pick out of 19, and even TOmShane believes that was rex's doing. do you believe idzik had good drafts? if so, I don't know what to tell you. if not? what makes you think he could do any better next year?

I believe it's WAAAAAY to early to judge any draft a year and half into it.

I know he drafted a rookie of the year last year and the top rookie TE in the NFL this year.

And where are the Cowboys and Redskins?  How many championships do they have since they've been penalized?  How many playoff wins?

It's not going in Woody's pocket (at least not long term)  The cap money eventually has to be spent as per the CBA (I believe it's 90% of the total, over the course of the CBA,l must be spent by the end of the CBA.

I could ask you how many games the Jets won since they have been the cap space leaders of the NFL? 

these are straw men

as for the cap having to be spent, I can't wait for the guy who signed Dimitri Patterson, Mike GOodson and David Garrard to be trusted to spend really big money. Cause clearly, that dude can be trusted with big decisions.

I could ask you how many games the Jets won since they have been the cap space leaders of the NFL? 

these are straw men

as for the cap having to be spent, I can't wait for the guy who signed Dimitri Patterson, Mike GOodson and David Garrard to be trusted to spend really big money. Cause clearly, that dude can be trusted with big decisions.

First off - the Jets have been a cap leader for 8 games, the whole point is it's rebuilding process and it's going to take more than a half of season.

Second - I think you're actually proving my point with Goodson and Garrard, those moves were made because they had no cap space, they had to take chances on lesser players because Tannebaum let this teams cap space an absolute mess.

All I'm saying is, as fans we have to be a little patient and give this guy a chance to play out his plan.

Tannebaum let this teams cap space an absolute mess.

an absolute mess? any clown could of done the same cap straightening moves that idzik has done.

how much did cutting sanchez, holmes, and cromartie save the jets?

idzik creating cap room was no stroke of genius. anybody that followed the jets knew these moves were coming

idzik retaining over 20m of cap space while fielding one of the worst rosters in the nfl, now that's something to talk about

http://nypost.com/2014/10/30/jets-fans-fired-up-over-idziks-boners/

Listen, I was critical of Idzik back in April when he royally fumbled on the CB position, but I think the sentiment of firing him after only two seasons is way out of hand. The guy has only been here two seasons. Yes, he's made some extraordinarily stupid moves such as betting on Dmitri Patterson and Mike Goodson, and not signing a marquee corner to replace Revis. As far as a franchise QB goes, he picked the best QB in the 2013 draft in Geno, who has played hot and cold, much like the way he played in college. Every one of you said during the offseason that Smith deserved a chance to be the starter this season.

The fact is that it takes a while to build a contender, and he walked into a mess when he was hired. The Jets can have a very good offense now that they have receivers. While Michael Vick is not the future, he should do very well with a full week of practice with the starters. They need a solid cover CB, which I'm sure he will trade for or draft. He couldn't have predicted that Milliner would suck and always be injured.

I'd say, fire Rex for a host of obvious reasons, and keep Idzik hanging on by a thread for another season.

Good post - will go one step further - needs 4 years. Needs to get a new HC and stabilize the Qb position.

So, when Idzik took the mess he inherited a season and a half ago (yes, it's only been a season and a half) in cap hell, a very old team, forced to trade his best player and keep the scouting department and head coach - what did you expect to happen in year two?

We are now in the one of the best cap positions in the league and have one of the youngest teams in the league.  What did you guys expect? Seriously?

Maybe not 1-7, but 3 and 5 sounds about right (especially with the brutal opening schedule) 

You guys are all reactionary and not looking at the big picture.  I know many of you don't want to admit but the NY Jets are rebuilding and nowhere near a championship, no matter what Idzik did.  I'm tired of winning 8 or 9 games, sneaking in the playoffs and hoping for a miracle.  I would much rather take two or three years, spend wisely, build up young players and legitimately contend for a Super Bowl.

Repost this when we finish up this season at 3-13. Also please point out which of our young players are actually..you know...talented.

cant believe some of you people buy into such idiotic notions about money and football.  Man these owners have some racket.  They print money while having all you turds worry about how their money gets spent.  How ridiculous is that but they got you guys soooo snowed its is unbelievable.  Hats off to them its ingenious really.  If someone came to me and said hey I got this idea for a business.  We get them hooked and get them to worry that we dont spend too much of the profits.....

First off - the Jets have been a cap leader for 8 games, the whole point is it's rebuilding process and it's going to take more than a half of season.

Second - I think you're actually proving my point with Goodson and Garrard, those moves were made because they had no cap space, they had to take chances on lesser players because Tannebaum let this teams cap space an absolute mess.

All I'm saying is, as fans we have to be a little patient and give this guy a chance to play out his plan.

the guy is a complete moron and with every move he makes he is setting the Jets back farther into the abys

Who cares? cap space is worthless. The cap goes up 10 mil every dam year. The cowboys and redskins were cap penalized and still made moves. The only one who benefits from all this cap space is Woody, who pockets the remainder.

Come on bit, Woody, or any other owner, sees not a dime of cap money.

That is a business operating expense, and has nothing to do with Woody's bottom line.

The Niners and Broncos both violated the cap in Super Bowl runs in the 1990s. Nobody gave a sheet. They kept the trophies. May be the enforcement is tighter, but really the Eagles for a while acted like you got some trophy for cap management. You do not. An idiot would have done what Idzik did; he deserves no credit for doing what had to be done. And the guy babbling for 19 minutes Monday afternoon is in fact a goddamn idiot.

So let me get this straight - when the cap $$ SAVED this year is carried over to next year and Idzik spends all the cap $$ next year Mr Johnson has to give back the $ he pocketed. I think PatsfanTX has it right.

PatsFanTX is always right.

BTW, that was a great analogy to the point that I was trying to make.

Come on bit, Woody, or any other owner, sees not a dime of cap money.

That is a business operating expense, and has nothing to do with Woody's bottom line.

lol yeah the money just go puff like fairy dust in the wind.  showers all the fans with that feel good of having a collective nest egg.

No one worth anything would want to GM the jets is a true statement. But the reason being the dumb ass fan base wants to create a fire the GM billboard after 1.5 seasons and the media writes stories about how he should be gone.

Very good point.  We have a ridiculous fan base that buys into the media back page nonsense.   You don't get rid of a GM a year and half into his tenure.  Especially a GM tha,t more or less, had to waste his first season dumping salary.  This is realistically his first year of building the team.

haven't followed this thread, didn't read a post but Idzik needs to go.  the roster he put on the field week 1 was absolutely laughable.  DBs a complete disaster, LBs are terrible, TE spot isn't good and we probably have the worst QB situation in the NFL.  if you bring in Vince Lombardi this team wouldn't be successful.  time to cut bait.

Archived