Fire Idzik is out of hand

Freemanm

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good point.  We have a ridiculous fan base that buys into the media back page nonsense.   You don't get rid of a GM a year and half into his tenure.  Especially a GM tha,t more or less, had to waste his first season dumping salary.  This is realistically his first year of building the team.

dump salary sure but sh*t all over the fans while doing it, either he is a genius or absolute moron i lean towards the latter opinion of him waste 7 draft picks out of 12 check.... shall we go on they both go

dump salary sure but sh*t all over the fans while doing it, either he is a genius or absolute moron i lean towards the latter opinion of him waste 7 draft picks out of 12 check.... shall we go on they both go

First, let me say that judging either draft this early is absurd.  What we do know is he drafted the defensive rookie of the year last year and the top rookie TE in the league this year.

With that said.  How can you possibly attempt to negatively judge a GM, in a year and half, when the deck was stacked so largely against him...

1) Salary cap nightmare in year one (he couldn't do anything but clear cap space, not a whole lot of options)

2) Was forced to keep an underachieving head coach

3) Was forced to keep a scouting department with a very poor history (Bradway must have something over Woody for him to stick around this long)

4) Was forced to trade his best player (a once in a generation type)

5) A Head Coach that played his starting QB in garbage time in a pre-season game - knocking him out for the season...forcing the jets to start a rookie QB that had never played in a pro-ofense.

Looking at all of those and saying this guy should be fired at this point is beyond ridiculous.  Could he have made some different decisions this year? but here's what he did..

1) He signed the top free agent WR

2) Signed the top free agent RB

3) Drafted the number two TE in the draft...

4) Left the team in an amazing cap position to start to build for the future...

What happened...

1) He lost 3 CB's due to injury/insanity (in a position already lacking depth)

2) MOST IMPORTANT - In a QB driven league the second round QB that showed promise in the last quarter of the prior season turned out to be absolutely terrible, not the answer and after 8 games it became clear he wasn't the future and it was time to move on.

Yes, Idzik made mistake, but no GM is perfect - firing him would be one of the worst things this team could do---because the only reason to do it would be perception....Not based on any reality other than media driven non-sense

Where have all the Iddy supporters gone? You know the ones that have been felating him since day 1, the seahawk plan!  double lol.

Rexey is awful, Iddy is Putrid, In a year where there were so many cant miss wr's,..... Might as well have a blind man throw darts

First, let me say that judging either draft this early is absurd.  What we do know is he drafted the defensive rookie of the year last year and the top rookie TE in the league this year.

With that said.  How can you possibly attempt to negatively judge a GM, in a year and half, when the deck was stacked so largely against him...

1) Salary cap nightmare in year one (he couldn't do anything but clear cap space, not a whole lot of options)

3) Was forced to keep a scouting department with a very poor history (Bradway must have something over Woody for him to stick around this long)

5) A Head Coach that played his starting QB in garbage time in a pre-season game - knocking him out for the season...forcing the jets to start a rookie QB that had never played in a pro-ofense.

Looking at all of those and saying this guy should be fired at this point is beyond ridiculous.  Could he have made some different decisions this year? but here's what he did..

What happened...

2) MOST IMPORTANT - In a QB driven league the second round QB that showed promise in the last quarter of the prior season turned out to be absolutely terrible, not the answer and after 8 games it became clear he wasn't the future and it was time to move on.

Yes, Idzik made mistake, but no GM is perfect - firing him would be one of the worst things this team could do---because the only reason to do it would be perception....Not based on any reality other than media driven non-sense

Your first set of numbers:

Salary cap nightmare, sure, but he gets an awful lot of credit for doing the obvious which has left us where we are today with this amazing cap situation he seems to get credit for now.

Yup, didn't see him in the locker room right after the last game of the year with his pom poms out, sure looked like he was suffering from Stockholm Syndrome being held captive by ? and forced to keep Rex. He looked miserable.

Again, forced to keep the scouting dept. because Bradway has naked pics of Woody's wife or something, amirite? This poor guy being forced to do all of these things. He's absolutely powerless. Sounds like someone I want in the organization for years to come. A no dick. As a matter of fact, that's his new nickname. John Nodik

Oooh, the number TWO tight end in the draft you say? And we only used a mid second round pick? You're lying! Good thing we still had later picks to get that WR we so desperately needed. Who did we draft?? Tell me, I'm dying to find out.

We are in such amazing shape, cap wise. I can't wait to see who Idzik signs to turn this roster around. No, wait, you build through the draft. Thank God Idzik is good at drafting. Oh no wait, it's the scouting dept. that has Woody captive that's to blame. Can't wait til they all die so Idzik can really show us what he's made of, work a little of that Idzik magic. Orrr, is it DRUNKEN SAILOR TIME??? I'm so confused!!

Your second set of numbers:

Wow, are you saying we lost three CB's with an injury history to injury? No ******* way! How did that happen? Hold on, you're telling me Dmitri Patterson didn't work out? Oh, that is ******* BULLsh*t!!! We are just snakebitten.

His QB of the future, one in which he put ALL of the eggs in the basket for instead of maybe TRYING to at least draft another instead using those picks on guys that aren't even on the team anymore, didn't work out he recognizes that the QB is horrific and he gets what? A nobel prize for GMing for this? ******* really?

He has been absolutely ******* awful at his job. I don't want to waste any more time waiting for him to get back to his Seattle form when he was in charge of that organization, ran it all by himself and brought them to all those Super Bowls. I've seen enough.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/30/jets-fans-fired-up-over-idziks-boners/

Listen, I was critical of Idzik back in April when he royally fumbled on the CB position, but I think the sentiment of firing him after only two seasons is way out of hand. The guy has only been here two seasons. Yes, he's made some extraordinarily stupid moves such as betting on Dmitri Patterson and Mike Goodson, and not signing a marquee corner to replace Revis. As far as a franchise QB goes, he picked the best QB in the 2013 draft in Geno, who has played hot and cold, much like the way he played in college. Every one of you said during the offseason that Smith deserved a chance to be the starter this season.

The fact is that it takes a while to build a contender, and he walked into a mess when he was hired. The Jets can have a very good offense now that they have receivers. While Michael Vick is not the future, he should do very well with a full week of practice with the starters. They need a solid cover CB, which I'm sure he will trade for or draft. He couldn't have predicted that Milliner would suck and always be injured.

I'd say, fire Rex for a host of obvious reasons, and keep Idzik hanging on by a thread for another season.

I can tell you whats out of hand....the crap play, the crap play calling, the nonsense game planning, the no in game adjustments, I can go on and on...not to mention the cost of season tickets....I can go on and on.......

Bottom line is that you probably will see Rex and his coaching staff gone. Idzik probably survives but honestly having a lame duck GM pick the next HC is not a good move. When Idzik is let go will you repeat the same mistake of forcing the new GM keep the HC that the previous GM hired? Come on now....it would just be a cycle of insanity.

LL

What happened...

you are making way too much sense. Off with his head.

Bottom line is that you probably will see Rex and his coaching staff gone. Idzik probably survives but honestly having a lame duck GM pick the next HC is not a good move. When Idzik is let go will you repeat the same mistake of forcing the new GM keep the HC that the previous GM hired? Come on now....it would just be a cycle of insanity.

LL

Maybe Idzik and HIS head coach do well - just a thought.

www.ImSoSadThatRexIsGettingFiredCoupledWithMyAbjectShameOverBeingWrongAboutHisAbilityToCoachA

TeamSoIWantSomeoneElseToGoDownWithRexSoIDontFeelLikeSuchAnAsshole.com

I think rex has done a pretty decent job considering the offensive talent that we have had on the team since he has been here. this year he actually has a couple of players who are decent on the offense unfortunately our entire secondary is injured. to blame our losses this season on rex or idzik is ridiculous as they are basically playing each week with a secondary full of guys who would probably never see the field on any other team. now im sure most of you will argue that idzik is to blame because he didn't over pay a cornerback who has been decent in the past few years such as Flowers who is old or talib who wouldn't go from the patriots to us anyway and he didn't want to pay revis but the truth is we had what we all thought to be 3 viable corners at the start of the season who now are all gone. another thing that you can argue is that he didn't make a move to trade for a good corner but what team is willing to give up one of their good corners and id love to know any corner who any of you know was available for trade at a reasonable price. I see complaints about how only 4 of our 12 draft picks are still on the roster...how many draft picks do you expect to stay on the team when our roster space is limited? should we just drop all of our old players to make room for the rookies who are unproven? complaints about chris Johnson who may not have lived up to the expectations but it was still a move made to improve our roster and no gm hits on every player he brings in. the truth is that idzik has done a decent job for us and its unfortunate that our team is having a bad year but you cant honestly expect idzik to come in and turn our team into a dynasty after being here for only 2 drafts.

Fire John Idzik site buys three billboards near Jets' home at MetLife Stadium

Advance Media for NJ.com)

John Munson | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Charles Curtis | For NJ Advance Media By Charles Curtis | For NJ Advance Media

on November 04, 2014 at 4:20 PM, updated November 04, 2014 at 4:22 PM

If you're a Jets fan who spent some cash that went toward FireJohnIdzik.com's $10,000 goal recently, your money won't just buy one billboard calling for the team's general manager to be canned.

The site announced on Tuesday that they'll purchase three billboards near MetLife Stadium:

"There will be one static billboard at exit 65 on Route 80, just east of Route 17 and will be up from 11/17-12.07. This board gives us an audited number of 691,657 weekly impressions. In addition, we will have two digital billboards on rotation from 11/10-12/28. Both are only 1/2 mile west of MetLife Stadium."

The creators added the digital billboards can be changed based on supporters' ideas for messages. So, put on your thinking caps, Jets fans. You could find a creative way to channel your frustration the rest of the season.

Follow Charles Curtis on Twitter @charlescurtis82. Find NJ.com on Facebook.

Merry Christmas Mr Idzik to you and your family.

Fire John Idzik site buys three billboards near Jets' home at MetLife Stadium

Advance Media for NJ.com)

John Munson | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Charles Curtis | For NJ Advance Media By Charles Curtis | For NJ Advance Media

on November 04, 2014 at 4:20 PM, updated November 04, 2014 at 4:22 PM

The creators added the digital billboards can be changed based on supporters' ideas for messages. So, put on your thinking caps, Jets fans. You could find a creative way to channel your frustration the rest of the season.

Follow Charles Curtis on Twitter @charlescurtis82. Find NJ.com on Facebook.

MERRY CHRISTMAS MR IDZIK TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

while I think the injuries to the CB position and the bizzare AWOL of patterson are very unusual accumulation of problems at a single and key position, the overall talent on the roster is very poor

that's his main job

I like the basic stategery, but the execution is lame

this season is right on the brink of a mutiny and could get very ugly

the wild card here is woody.  he loves rex.  logic says give the GM the chance to go with his own coach, but this is the jets we are talking about

would woody keep rex, fire idzik, and make the next GM keep rex ?

woody keep rex, fire idzik, and make the next GM keep rex ?

while I think the injuries to the CB position and the bizzare AWOL of patterson are very unusual accumulation of problems at a single and key position, the overall talent on the roster is very poor

that's his main job

the wild card here is woody.  he loves rex.  logic says give the GM the chance to go with his own coach, but this is the jets we are talking about

Forget the billboard we're going with the atom bomb.

that's his main job

It's not exactly one of the seven wonders of the world that a bad free agent signing (Patterson is currently resting at home), and two injury prone draft picks (the latter a third rounder generally considered to be a reach at the time of his selection) haven't worked out. If Patterson hadn't wandered off, his injury history suggests that he'd be right along side Milliner and McDougle, collecting his full salary on IR rather than just enjoying his $1M guarantee for doing nothing. Hard to imagine handling the position much worse. 

But Rex is gone after this season. Has to be. Only question left is whether Woody is willing to completely clean house at the end of the year. He should. 

It's not exactly one of the seven wonders of the world that a bad free agent signing (Patterson is currently resting at home), and two injury prone draft picks (the latter a third rounder generally considered to be a reach at the time of his selection) haven't worked out. If Patterson hadn't wandered off, his injury history suggests that he'd be right along side Milliner and McDougle, collecting his full salary on IR rather than just enjoying his $1M guarantee for doing nothing. Hard to imagine handling the position much worse. 

But Rex is gone after this season. Has to be. Only question left is whether Woody is willing to completely clean house at the end of the year. He should. 

please enlighten me of milliners injury history at bama, how many games did he miss ?

I agree and posted this on JI

we have alot of decent players obv they made the NFL they just need a coach that can put them in the best position to succeed. I am not a geno fan at all but I still think if we had a different coach geno would not be this bad...........it is all the false bravado that wrecks brings and not holding players accountable. I think Geno if we got another QB in here should stay our number 2 QB.

So I don't think idzik messed up as much as many think we just don't have the coaches to help the guys we have.

It is not idziks fault the cb's play 10 yards off the WR and never have heard of bump and run.
It is not idzicks fault the wildcat is still part of our gameplan even though it has been fazed out of the nfl 4 years ago.
It is not idzicks fault that our offense keeps going 3 and out and the defense gets tired
it is not idzicks fault that our coaches don't know how to get the proper personal on the field and uses time-outs in the wrong fashion.
it is not idzicks fault that the offense always throws 3 yards short of a first down on third downs.
it is not idzicks fault that we are one of the most penalized teams in the world
it is not idzicks fault that the team is never as prepared as it should be.

90 perent of the fault is the coaches and dumbasses in the origination ie scouting, president, coach's, and director of player personnel to name a few that is not to say idzick was perfect i do blame about 10 percent of the season on him.

A good coach however could come up with a better offensive gameplan for C.J and the WR's.

please enlighten me of milliners injury history at bama, how many games did he miss ?

He only missed one game, as I know you know, but his injury history was pretty extensive:

Dee Milliner has had five surgeries

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 23, 2013, 2:19 PM EST

Whether there are legitimate concerns about Dee Milliner’s ability to stay healthy or whether it’s all part of a smear campaign, the health of the former Alabama cornerback is one of the major topics of conversation in the final days before the NFL draft.

So with everyone buzzing about Milliner’s medical status, Adam Schefter of ESPN offers this note: Milliner has undergone a total of five surgeries: a right knee scope, a repair of a sports hernia, a procedure for a right tibia stress fracture and one surgery on each shoulder.

Milliner is still rehabbing after his most recent shoulder surgery, and he might not be ready for the start of training camp. So it’s easy to see why there are medical questions about him.

But it’s also important to remember this: In his three seasons at Alabama, Milliner missed exactly one game, and in that game (a blowout win over Western Kentucky), coach Nick Saban said Milliner had a minor hip injury and could have played if the team needed him. So while Milliner’s medical history may raise a few eyebrows, his football history says he can get on the field when his team needs him.

Brittle players tend to be brittle.

He only missed one game, as I know you know, but his injury history was pretty extensive:

Dee Milliner has had five surgeries

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 23, 2013, 2:19 PM EST

Whether there are legitimate concerns about Dee Milliner’s ability to stay healthy or whether it’s all part of a smear campaign, the health of the former Alabama cornerback is one of the major topics of conversation in the final days before the NFL draft.

So with everyone buzzing about Milliner’s medical status, Adam Schefter of ESPN offers this note: Milliner has undergone a total of five surgeries: a right knee scope, a repair of a sports hernia, a procedure for a right tibia stress fracture and one surgery on each shoulder.

Milliner is still rehabbing after his most recent shoulder surgery, and he might not be ready for the start of training camp. So it’s easy to see why there are medical questions about him.

But it’s also important to remember this: In his three seasons at Alabama, Milliner missed exactly one game, and in that game (a blowout win over Western Kentucky), coach Nick Saban said Milliner had a minor hip injury and could have played if the team needed him. So while Milliner’s medical history may raise a few eyebrows, his football history says he can get on the field when his team needs him.

Brittle players tend to be brittle.

Just like stupid coaches tend to remain stupid.

So, when Idzik took the mess he inherited a season and a half ago (yes, it's only been a season and a half) in cap hell, a very old team, forced to trade his best player and keep the scouting department and head coach - what did you expect to happen in year two?

We are now in the one of the best cap positions in the league and have one of the youngest teams in the league.  

Our cap position is irrelevant when we can't pick the talent to spend the money on and that falls directly under Idzik's responsibilities.

We're not 8 games into johnny boy's picks - we're almost 2 seasons into them and all of the personnel changes he's led us into have created the bile pile we put on the field every week.

Great young team, huh?  

Should have signed corners that don't get hurt, like Antonio Cromartie or DRC.

You see Cro this weekend?  Looks like he can still really play.  But not good enough for us though.

I never got why we cut Cro when there was nobody to replace him.  From what we all read last year Cro wanted to stay as a Jet. Way ta go Idziot.  Another great move.

Milliner was on everyone board as top or second CB in the draft-if he does not work out I can not lay tons of blame on Idzik for that one

I don't think anybody had Trufant or Rhodes within ten picks of Milliner.  Some people downgraded him because of the whole Saban no backpedal thing, but almost everybody had him a top 10 pick. 

I don't think anybody had Trufant or Rhodes within ten picks of Milliner.  Some people downgraded him because of the whole Saban no backpedal thing, but almost everybody had him a top 10 pick.

I'm actually okay with the Milliner pick. But when you've invested that highly at CB with a talented -but injury prone- player, you can't double-down on that by relying on two more injury-prone players as your #2 & 3 at the position.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/30/jets-fans-fired-up-over-idziks-boners/

Listen, I was critical of Idzik back in April when he royally fumbled on the CB position, but I think the sentiment of firing him after only two seasons is way out of hand. The guy has only been here two seasons. Yes, he's made some extraordinarily stupid moves such as betting on Dmitri Patterson and Mike Goodson, and not signing a marquee corner to replace Revis. As far as a franchise QB goes, he picked the best QB in the 2013 draft in Geno, who has played hot and cold, much like the way he played in college. Every one of you said during the offseason that Smith deserved a chance to be the starter this season.

The fact is that it takes a while to build a contender, and he walked into a mess when he was hired. The Jets can have a very good offense now that they have receivers. While Michael Vick is not the future, he should do very well with a full week of practice with the starters. They need a solid cover CB, which I'm sure he will trade for or draft. He couldn't have predicted that Milliner would suck and always be injured.

I'd say, fire Rex for a host of obvious reasons, and keep Idzik hanging on by a thread for another season.

Why? As you said, he has made some extraordinarily stupid moves. Isn't that reason enough? How many extraordinarily stupid moves does one guy get? I don't even completely blame Geno Smith on Iggy as it was Rex and Marty that came back from his pro day with Cheshire cat smiles. Marty fell head over heels in love with the dude, which shows why HE is not a HC anymore. This mess has been a collaborative effort and all have to walk the plank for it.

Archived