2015 Roster and Coaching staff

GangGreenDover

Hopefully we land a top 3 pick. If so Moriata should be there because Jacksonville and Oakland have there young QB's in place. They will most likely be trying to land linemen to protect them.

A rock solid veteran and a dynamic rookie is the way to go. My dream scenario would be:

Moriata/ Matt Hasselbeck/ Simms (and Vick if we retain Marty)

Ivory/ Powell/ and a young, small change of pace back to compliment Ivory... Hopefully from the draft. Also for Special Teams

A true #1 WR to compliment Decker and Kerly. I assume we will need to go with a free agent because a true #1 is rarely available in the 2nd round. There are some big names coming up this year but they might not even hit the market.

Amaro and. Cumberland

I'd offer D'Brick a restructure at a big discount and if he declines cut him. Either way we draft a LT.

Big name free agent guard.

Retain Mangold and Giacomini

Stick with Wilkerson Harrison and. Richardson.

Davis takes over as #1 ILB. I would probably dump Harris and find a #2 ILB in the draft.

Coples at OLB combined with Jason Worilds from Pittsburgh as a free agent.

Revamp the entire secondary. Obviously McDougle, Pryor and. Milliner will be in camp. But we need to land at least 2 big name free agents and address this in the draft. Maybe our 2nd overall pick we find someone to pair with Pryor at safety.

I'd like to see Todd Bowels as head coach and Marty retained as OC.

There are a lot of different scenarios, but this is my #1. If we don't go with Bowles, I'd like to explore trading for Manziel and bringing in Darrell Bevell and his entire offensive staff to try and develop him. In that scenario maybe we switch to a 4-3.

Hopefully we land a top 3 pick. If so Moriata should be there because Jacksonville and Oakland have there young QB's in place. They will most likely be trying to land linemen to protect them.

A rock solid veteran and a dynamic rookie is the way to go. My dream scenario would be:

Moriata/ Matt Hasselbeck/ Simms (and Vick if we retain Marty)

Ivory/ Powell/ and a young, small change of pace back to compliment Ivory... Hopefully from the draft. Also for Special Teams

A true #1 WR to compliment Decker and Kerly. I assume we will need to go with a free agent because a true #1 is rarely available in the 2nd round. There are some big names coming up this year but they might not even hit the market.

Amaro and. Cumberland

I'd offer D'Brick a restructure at a big discount and if he declines cut him. Either way we draft a LT.

Big name free agent guard.

Retain Mangold and Giacomini

Stick with Wilkerson Harrison and. Richardson.

Davis takes over as #1 ILB. I would probably dump Harris and find a #2 ILB in the draft.

Coples at OLB combined with Jason Worilds from Pittsburgh as a free agent.

Revamp the entire secondary. Obviously McDougle, Pryor and. Milliner will be in camp. But we need to land at least 2 big name free agents and address this in the draft. Maybe our 2nd overall pick we find someone to pair with Pryor at safety.

I'd like to see Todd Bowels as head coach and Marty retained as OC.

There are a lot of different scenarios, but this is my #1. If we don't go with Bowles, I'd like to explore trading for Manziel and bringing in Darrell Bevell and his entire offensive staff to try and develop him. In that scenario maybe we switch to a 4-3.

Not crazy, but I can't see expecting to start a 3rd round (your list seems to have QB#1, WR#2) or worse LT.  IMO Mangold is someone else I would consider making a cap casualty.  He is a great player, but I don't consider it such a premium position and he gets a ton of coin.  With the cap going up I guess that might not be much problem.  I would assume you want to dump Brick because of his pay and want to upgrade run blocking?  

I think our defensive personnel is more flexible than most.  The changes made will depend on what DC we end up with.  I like Milliner, but that is a tough injury and I don't think you can count on he and McDougle to handle more than one spot.  They need to bring in at least one CB.  I don't see the problem with Pryor.  He is not lighting the world on fire, but I think he's been fine. Agree Pace has probably been around too long.  Harris is probably gone.  He is a decent player, but he has been making too much money.  I'd caution against expecting an easy ILB in the draft - I'm sure Idzik thought Jeremiah George would be ready to step up in 2015 or 2016 and he is a joke to even 128.

I don't want Maziel or Vick.  F'em.  I don't see why you are exploring the 4-3 if you go with Bevel, but change is change and we certainly need one.

Not crazy, but I can't see expecting to start a 3rd round (your list seems to have QB#1, WR#2) or worse LT.  IMO Mangold is someone else I would consider making a cap casualty.  He is a great player, but I don't consider it such a premium position and he gets a ton of coin.  With the cap going up I guess that might not be much problem.  I would assume you want to dump Brick because of his pay and want to upgrade run blocking?  

I think our defensive personnel is more flexible than most.  The changes made will depend on what DC we end up with.  I like Milliner, but that is a tough injury and I don't think you can count on he and McDougle to handle more than one spot.  They need to bring in at least one CB.  I don't see the problem with Pryor.  He is not lighting the world on fire, but I think he's been fine. Agree Pace has probably been around too long.  Harris is probably gone.  He is a decent player, but he has been making too much money.  I'd caution against expecting an easy ILB in the draft - I'm sure Idzik thought Jeremiah George would be ready to step up in 2015 or 2016 and he is a joke to even 128.

I don't want Maziel or Vick.  F'em.  I don't see why you are exploring the 4-3 if you go with Bevel, but change is change and we certainly need one.

last thing we should be doing is weakening the offensive line when there is a high probability we will have a rookie qb or someone else's draft bust starting at QB next year... going to need protection and a strong running game in either case

last thing we should be doing is weakening the offensive line when there is a high probability we will have a rookie qb or someone else's draft bust starting at QB next year... going to need protection and a strong running game in either case

Nobody wants to weaken the offensive line, but Brick and Mangold are both making a ton of coin on a team with no big money players.  By the time we are competitive they will both probably be weak links.  They are guys to consider making a move on - the way Harris was this year.  They are not no brainers, like dumping Cro or Sanchez this year.

Nobody wants to weaken the offensive line, but Brick and Mangold are both making a ton of coin on a team with no big money players.  By the time we are competitive they will both probably be weak links.  They are guys to consider making a move on - the way Harris was this year.  They are not no brainers, like dumping Cro or Sanchez this year.

i hear you but if we have a new, probably young, QB behind a brand new offensive line of young players he's gonna get david carr'd

I've been saying this for some time. By the time we'll be ready to contend, Brick and Nick will be past it. SF would've been the perfect landing spot for Mangold with their starting C out for the year.

I'm just saying that D'Brick wouldn't even start on half the teams in this league. He has hit the wall. I'm thrilled he has been a rock solid 10 year starter, but his time is up. So is Harris. As for Mangold haven't seen much decline. Id like to spend our #2 overall pick on O-line and some of that 60 million. Maybe 2 big name free agents.

Revamp the entire secondary. Obviously McDougle, Pryor and. Milliner will be in camp. But we need to land at least 2 big name free agents and address this in the draft. Maybe our 2nd overall pick we find someone to pair with Pryor at safety. I'd like to see Todd Bowels as head coach and Marty retained as OC. There are a lot of different scenarios, but this is my #1. If we don't go with Bowles, I'd like to explore trading for Manziel

.....Definitely need at least 2 top CB.  Milliner is unreliable to stay on the field. If he's there, fine. But still need 2 cover Corners.

Don't like your idea of Manziel-- he may never be anything. Don't want the headaches of him dating every model in NYC.

..... I like Mariota if we can get him; also can trade for a game manager type like Hoyer or Colt McCoy to play some games while Mariota gets ready.     Don't like waiting till 2nd round to get a QB---  we never get anything that way.  i.e--  Geno and Clemens.

I'm just saying that D'Brick wouldn't even start on half the teams in this league. He has hit the wall. I'm thrilled he has been a rock solid 10 year starter, but his time is up. So is Harris. As for Mangold haven't seen much decline. Id like to spend our #2 overall pick on O-line and some of that 60 million. Maybe 2 big name free agents.

Mangold is still a terrific Center. Pro bowl quality.  We need new blood at G and T.   Maybe a swing type G-T  in the draft and some free agents.   But don't let Idzik pick the free agents.    BTW---  when we had Callahan as our O-Line coord.  we had top quality line and running game---  now he's with Cowboys.... and they are great in that area.   As usual we allow the good ones to go elsewhere.

Mangold is still a terrific Center. Pro bowl quality.  We need new blood at G and T.   Maybe a swing type G-T  in the draft and some free agents.   But don't let Idzik pick the free agents.    BTW---  when we had Callahan as our O-Line coord.  we had top quality line and running game---  now he's with Cowboys.... and they are great in that area.   As usual we allow the good ones to go elsewhere.

True, but don't forget 3 of the last 4 Cowboys #1's have been O-lineman. Might be a message there?

.....Definitely need at least 2 top CB.  Milliner is unreliable to stay on the field. If he's there, fine. But still need 2 cover Corners.

Don't like your idea of Manziel-- he may never be anything. Don't want the headaches of him dating every model in NYC.

..... I like Mariota if we can get him; also can trade for a game manager type like Hoyer or Colt McCoy to play some games while Mariota gets ready.     Don't like waiting till 2nd round to get a QB---  we never get anything that way.  i.e--  Geno and Clemens.

the manziel thing is definitely my second choice to Moriata.... no question

• 3 weeks later...

Indigestion.

looking more an more likely that vick will be around on another 1 or 2 year deal. if that happens idzik may go all in on a first rounder and bench him behind vick. that leaves geno odd man out. it will be interesting to see what they do with him. might be able to get a late round pick--young, highly drafted QBs with lots of starting experience have some value--if only for a team looking for a reclamation project

looking more an more likely that vick will be around on another 1 or 2 year deal. if that happens idzik may go all in on a first rounder and bench him behind vick. that leaves geno odd man out. it will be interesting to see what they do with him. might be able to get a late round pick--young, highly drafted QBs with lots of starting experience have some value--if only for a team looking for a reclamation project

I know, just busting chops.

How so?

Mornhinweg should be expected to go the way of Rex Ryan after the season, and he's the only real link to Michael Vick. Idzik is also no lock to stick around, and if he goes there are no ties to Vick left. Vick will be lumped in with the rest of the free agent QB class, and they'll sign the best fit from that group. If the GM (be it Idzik or someone else) thinks that another team will sign Vick to a decent sized contract, resulting in a comp pick in 2016, that might influence their decision, too.

Everything is up in the air right now. Vick just came off a rare game where he didn't turn the ball over. A lot of football left for him and the team. I don't see how you can say anything is looking more likely at this point. Way too many variables.

How so?

Mornhinweg should be expected to go the way of Rex Ryan after the season, and he's the only real link to Michael Vick. Idzik is also no lock to stick around, and if he goes there are no ties to Vick left. Vick will be lumped in with the rest of the free agent QB class, and they'll sign the best fit from that group. If the GM (be it Idzik or someone else) thinks that another team will sign Vick to a decent sized contract, resulting in a comp pick in 2016, that might influence their decision, too.

Everything is up in the air right now. Vick just came off a rare game where he didn't turn the ball over. A lot of football left for him and the team. I don't see how you can say anything is looking more likely at this point. Way too many variables.

not saying it's a slam dunk but many times more likely than a few weeks ago that he's back next year. that's what i mean by "more and more likely."

Archived