Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

jgb

As I was watching the games yesterday, I knew it would be quite amusing to see how some of JN's finest would react to one mediocre game from a guy who hadn't done sh*t for the prior 3 years.  Glad to see I wasn't disappointed.

Thing is he hadn't done sh*t for the JETS the prior 3 years. Therein lies the problem.

I am interested to see how he performs with a new coaching staff.

I had been told iw was impossible for any coach to win with Sanchez at QB. Now that will be tested

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the only guy who prophesied all of this. I think its only right. lol (I did think it would be the Dolphins or Bills, but this works since we are now being embarrassed with mike vick under center as the result of what amounted to a trade---washed up has been villian for young all american franchise 6th overall, best w-l record and most playoff wins of any jet qb ever---straight up! So typical!

Ok., not saying another word until the probowl chatter begins. Then ill come get some more props. lol

Thing is he hadn't done sh*t for the JETS the prior 3 years. Therein lies the problem.

I am interested to see how he performs with a new coaching staff.

I had been told iw was impossible for any coach to win with Sanchez at QB. Now that will be tested

Who knows, it's entirely possible that Sanchez is remarkably more successful with the Eagles and/or any other future teams than he was with the Jets, but it's kind of humorous to watch people get so riled up and ready for the "I told you so"s based on one rather unremarkable partial game that was really no different than what we saw from him repeatedly throughout his entire Jets career.  Just because Geno has been an even bigger disaster doesn't change that Sanchez was an incredibly mistake-prone dumbass who occasionally showed flashes or made some big plays, and yesterday's game didn't do much to prove that any of that has changed.  Let's not forget, this is the same guy who needed to be pulled from a game for a third-stringer in order for the Jets to rally to a freakin' 7-6 victory.  There's certain things that, no matter how desperately we try, there's no excuse for blaming on anyone but the individual himself, and Sanchez has a long list of those.

In truth, it's just a matter of Jets fans doing what we do best, finding crap to bitch about.  There's this tendency to start changing history just so we have more excuses to hate on the same people we already have plenty of legitimate reasons to hate.  Rex is an incompetent dipsh*t all on his own, touting Sanchez for no particular reason doesn't do anything to support that, it just makes the person making the argument look ridiculous.  It's no different than the tendency of Jets fans to repeatedly change who is to credit for any successful draft pick ever made based on who it is most convenient to justify their current bitchfest.  Such as the recent surge of claims that Mangini's one unsuccessful season as a DC before becoming Jets' HC is what turned him into a genius GM in disguise and that he actually deserves credit for every bit of success ever attributed to Rex (or Tanny before him), despite his own miserable failures.  The guy was completely despised by almost every single Jets fan on the way out, but now we're supposed to tout him for crap that wasn't even his job because what, that's supposed to make Rex look worse?  It's nonsense.

This is just more of the same and I'll believe Sanchez is anything more than what we saw him to be over the course of 5 years when he actually gives any reason to believe that, and call me crazy but a decent performance in part of one game where he still threw 2 picks isn't quite enough for me.  The fact that such a performance is somehow deemed even worthy of such a discussion kind of says something, doesn't it?

Sanchez looked ok but don't disregard the fact that he's playing in a much better offense with guys like Maclin, Jordan and Mccoy.  Plus a real good offensive coach running the show.  Let's see how he does next week, look at Weeden this week compared to last.

Yeah the game was on close to the Jets game so I saw a good bit of it.

He did look OK and threw some nice balls, but as pointed out he did have two Pics, and should have had 3, ball was thrown right to a defender.

Still, compared to Smith he looked like a HOF'er.  That's a pretty low BM I know

Who knows, it's entirely possible that Sanchez is remarkably more successful with the Eagles and/or any other future teams than he was with the Jets, but it's kind of humorous to watch people get so riled up and ready for the "I told you so"s based on one rather unremarkable partial game that was really no different than what we saw from him repeatedly throughout his entire Jets career.  Just because Geno has been an even bigger disaster doesn't change that Sanchez was an incredibly mistake-prone dumbass who occasionally showed flashes or made some big plays, and yesterday's game didn't do much to prove that any of that has changed.  Let's not forget, this is the same guy who needed to be pulled from a game for a third-stringer in order for the Jets to rally to a freakin' 7-6 victory.  There's certain things that, no matter how desperately we try, there's no excuse for blaming on anyone but the individual himself, and Sanchez has a long list of those.

In truth, it's just a matter of Jets fans doing what we do best, finding crap to bitch about.  There's this tendency to start changing history just so we have more excuses to hate on the same people we already have plenty of legitimate reasons to hate.  Rex is an incompetent dipsh*t all on his own, touting Sanchez for no particular reason doesn't do anything to support that, it just makes the person making the argument look ridiculous.  It's no different than the tendency of Jets fans to repeatedly change who is to credit for any successful draft pick ever made based on who it is most convenient to justify their current bitchfest.  Such as the recent surge of claims that Mangini's one unsuccessful season as a DC before becoming Jets' HC is what turned him into a genius GM in disguise and that he actually deserves credit for every bit of success ever attributed to Rex (or Tanny before him), despite his own miserable failures.  The guy was completely despised by almost every single Jets fan on the way out, but now we're supposed to tout him for crap that wasn't even his job because what, that's supposed to make Rex look worse?  It's nonsense.

This is just more of the same and I'll believe Sanchez is anything more than what we saw him to be over the course of 5 years when he actually gives any reason to believe that, and call me crazy but a decent performance in part of one game where he still threw 2 picks isn't quite enough for me.  The fact that such a performance is somehow deemed even worthy of such a discussion kind of says something, doesn't it?

Face it-If Mark Sanchez proves to be "mediocre" talent at worst in this league, it leaves a bit of egg on the Jets face. It would point to coaching more than anything else, and particularly decisions to yoyo Sanchez back and forth one year with Tebow and to put Sanchez in harm's way in a meaningless pre-season game.

There was good and bad with Sanchez, and more bad, I understand. But the Jets did him no favors either, and it was not the best career building program they nurtured him under.

Again, if he succeeds this year, even in a short stretch, it is not a glowing endorsement of how the Jets handled him. 

Seriously doubt Sanchez is really any good. Give it a few weeks of DCs looking at him on tape. But he's a better QB that Smith ever was(emphasis on past tense). Which is faint praise. But again calls into question who is making the decisions about personnel and their lack of competencel.

Face it-If Mark Sanchez proves to be "mediocre" talent at worst in this league, it leaves a bit of egg on the Jets face. It would point to coaching more than anything else, and particularly decisions to yoyo Sanchez back and forth one year with Tebow and to put Sanchez in harm's way in a meaningless pre-season game.

There was good and bad with Sanchez, and more bad, I understand. But the Jets did him no favors either, and it was not the best career building program they nurtured him under.

Again, if he succeeds this year, even in a short stretch, it is not a glowing endorsement of how the Jets handled him.

It's beyond discussion that Sanchez was mishandled here. What remains to be seen is how much was wasted by mishandling Mark Sanchez.

Should surprise no one.  The main gripe from the so called Sanchez defenders was the teams inability to surround him with proper weapons.  Seems like just about everyone but Jet fans know that young QB's need help. 

Should surprise no one.  The main gripe from the so called Sanchez defenders was the teams inability to surround him with proper weapons.  Seems like just about everyone but Jet fans know that young QB's need help. 

You help young QB's by drafting corners and defensive linemen. Everyone knows that.

Me too! Considering dropping Andy Dalton for him.

While we dont agree on this idea that just because Rex is awful at his job it means Idzik can't be also. We can both agree watching Rex supporters explain away Sanchez looking like a capable NFL starter might be the second half highlight of this otherwise dismal season.

While we dont agree on this idea that just because Rex is awful at his job it means Idzik can't be also. We can both agree watching Rex supporters explain away Sanchez looking like a capable NFL starter might be the second half highlight of this otherwise dismal season.

It might be a top three highlight of my life.

Sanchez was surrounded by Rex's choices at WR. The offensive line was neglected in favor of Rex's choices on defense in the draft. 

I agree with you, just think it's hilarious that you can point out that Sanchez wasn't given help, while ignoring Rex's role in ruining the supporting cast around the kid.

It's beyond discussion that Sanchez was mishandled here. What remains to be seen is how much was wasted by mishandling Mark Sanchez.

Chip Kelly does not **** around. He does not give out token roster spots, just because he is a good guy-particularly not at QB. he knows what he wants.

He saw first hand as an OC with the Ducks what the talents were of Sanchez in the PAC. 

I fear it will be in simultaneous admiration and disgust that I watch Sanchez lead the Eagles to at least a winning record under his guidance, and even worst, watch him progress.

Look what Mark Sanchez can do with a little bit of help

By Steve SerbyNovember 3, 2014 | 10:30am

Look what Mark Sanchez can do with a little bit of help

Eagles can't stop raving about Mark Sanchez

They might be calling him Señor Savior in Philadelphia.

Mark Sanchez doesn’t have to worry about Tony Sparano sending Tim Tebow in to run the wildcat. He doesn’t have to worry about playing garbage time in the Snoopy Bowl. He doesn’t have to worry about throwing the ball to Stephen Hill. He doesn’t have to hear “Buttfumble” taunts from the stands.

There is, after all, a division title to win.

And he might have to win it for the Eagles.

Nick Foles went out with a broken collarbone Sunday and Señor Savior — the artist formerly known as Sanchize — saved the 6-2 Eagles in Houston.

Sanchez came off the bench in the second quarter to throw a pair of TD passes — one of the two interceptions was not his fault — and engineered a clutch 15-play, 80-yard, fourth-quarter TD drive that consumed more than eight minutes.

Sanchez sealed his own fate in New York with his 52 turnovers in his last two seasons as a Jet. But he will have a chance to state his case now. He didn’t get to throw the ball to Jeremy Maclin in New York. He didn’t get to hand off to LeSean McCoy. He didn’t play for a brilliant offensive head coach like Chip Kelly.

Rex Ryan might want to keep that tattoo. Sanchez will be in hot demand on the free-agent market after the season. Good for him.

All the rookie WRs the Jets don’t have

Yes, Jets GM John Idzik recently added a talented playmaker in Percy Harvin — too late for Rex Ryan, too late for Geno Smith, too late to save the season.

There was an abundance of wide receivers in the draft who could have helped the Jets, but Idzik drafted Jalen Saunders (already an ex-Jet) and Shaq Evans (on IR) in the fourth round and Quincy Enunwa (practice squad) in the sixth round.

Now read this and weep, Jets fans — a list of rookie wide receivers making an impact this season:

Sammy Watkins (Bills): 38 catches, 590 yards, five TDs

Mike Evans (Bucs): 32 catches, 460 yards, four TDs

Odell Beckham Jr. (Giants): 10 catches, 106 yards, three TDs

Kelvin Benjamin (Panthers): 40 catches, 589 yards, five TDs

Brandin Cooks (Saints): 43 catches, 470 yards, two TDs

Jordan Matthews (Eagles):32 catches, 313 yards, three TDs

Donte Moncrief (Colts): 16 catches, 216 yards, one TD

John Brown (Cardinals): 24 catches, 326 yards, four TDs

Allen Robinson (Jaguars): 43 catches, 488 yards, two TDs

Jarvis Landry (Dolphins): 30 catches, 301 yards, three TDs

Martavis Bryant (Steelers): 10 catches, 107 yards, five TDs

Davante Adams (Packers): 24 catches, 263 yards, two TDs