Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

jgb

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you really think about it, quarterbacks who turn the ball over a lot actually help you, because it gets the defense back on the field and that's who wins games.

Hahaha.  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.  People defend Sanchez for the indefensible.  Turning the ball over is the worst thing a QB can do and he does it more than anybody in the league.  Yet its not his fault because other people aren't perfect at their jobs.

This is the Mark Sanchez thread, not the Geno Smith thread.  But yeah, he sucks too.  The Jets suck at scouting QB's.  Period.

Geno's game today was the same as Mark's game yesterday.

Did enough to win, compromised by special teams and defense.

SAR I

Geno's game today was the same as Mark's game yesterday.

Did enough to win, compromised by special teams and defense.

SAR I

You forgot the part about the crippling turnovers.  Where does that fit into the "Did enough to win" line?  I'd say they did enough bad things to cost their teams the win.  And that's what we call bad QB play.  By the way, I thought you were done arguing about 2014 Mark.  

Just say it with me.  Mark sucks, Geno sucks.  Feels good right?

The Eagles could win 10 games and miss the playoffs. Jets fans would love 10 wins.

Mark Sanchez is not the reason they are eliminated. Just stop. I'm not sure why you're so hung up on this topic.

They were 6-2 before he took over.  They are now 9-6.  Sanchez went 3-4 as the starter.  He is why the Eagles will be at home wishing Foles had stayed healthy.  Especially after throwing a late pick against the 3-11 Redskins.  

I'm not sure why you feel the need to defend Sanchez at every turn.  It's fun to be on the right side of that debate, however, especially after all us Sanchez "haters" were told left and right that Sanchez was a new, changed man now that he's no longer a Jet.  So excuse me for enjoying this just a little in what was otherwise a godawful Jet season.

This thread is 78 pages long because of the Sanchez defenders, not me.  So blame them.

They were 6-2 before he took over.  They are now 9-6.  Sanchez went 3-4 as the starter.  He is why the Eagles will be at home wishing Foles had stayed healthy.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to defend Sanchez at every turn.

When any team that Mark Sanchez plays on wins, it's because he did enough for them to win. When they lose, it's because everyone else didn't do enough.

They were 6-2 before he took over. They are now 9-6. Sanchez went 3-4 as the starter. He is why the Eagles will be at home wishing Foles had stayed healthy.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to defend Sanchez at every turn.

Foles is no better than Sanchez. They lost two 3 division winners and the Redskins. Foles wasn't winning any of those games.

If you posted some truths, I wouldn't have to defend him. But you continue to post jibberish on the subject.

When any team that Mark Sanchez plays on wins, it's because he did enough for them to win. When they lose, it's because everyone else didn't do enough.

Are there people who say that? Mark Sanchez lost a lot of games here on his own. Sometimes his teammates came up short. Much like the goalie in hockey, the NFL quarterback always takes the brunt of the criticism. And it is pretty unfair across the board.

Foles is no better than Sanchez. They lost two 3 division winners and the Redskins. Foles wasn't winning any of those games.

If you posted some truths, I wouldn't have to defend him. But you continue to post jibberish on the subject.

By no available metrics is Foles "no better" than Sanchez.  Foles got them to 6-2 and Sanchez went 3-4, with the same personnel surrounding them.  That, coupled with Mark Sanchez's 6-year history of being a league leading turnover machine, makes Foles better by a wide margin.  Just saying that Foles would not have won those games doesn't make it true.  What you call jibberish I call clear truths.

The Jets are awful so we have to focus on someone else's failures to make ourselves feel better. Slow clap for you guys. Slow clap.

Nice.  Another moral high-ground guy.  You're a way better person than the rest of us.  Congrats.

Are there people who say that? Mark Sanchez lost a lot of games here on his own. Sometimes his teammates came up short. Much like the goalie in hockey, the NFL quarterback always takes the brunt of the criticism. And it is pretty unfair across the board.

When you lead the NFL in turnovers basically every year for 6 years, and cost your teams chances at winning championships, the criticism is very much warranted.  

You know, I think you may be more miserable than me.  I think you honestly think it doesn't get much better than Sanchez.  Whereas it has become very, very clear that it gets MUCH better at the QB position when you look around the league.

By no available metrics is Foles "no better" than Sanchez. Foles got them to 6-2 and Sanchez went 3-4, with the same personnel surrounding them. That, coupled with Mark Sanchez's 6-year history of being a league leading turnover machine, makes Foles better by a wide margin. Just saying that Foles would not have won those games doesn't make it true. What you call jibberish I call clear truths.

Nice. Another moral high-ground guy. You're a way better person than the rest of us. Congrats.

When you lead the NFL in turnovers basically every year for 6 years, and cost your teams chances at winning championships, the criticism is very much warranted.

You know, I think you may be more miserable than me. I think you honestly think it doesn't get much better than Sanchez. Whereas it has become very, very clear that it gets MUCH better at the QB position when you look around the league.

Foles was a turnover prone quarterback this season as well. He would continue to be so if he was healthy. Mark is a backup and that's all he is. I never claimed he was anything but. It was nice to see him get a second chance. I think he performed better than most expected. And both he and Foles are better than anything here. Fact.

Which games that the Eagles lost would Foles had made a difference in? None that I saw, considering they both turned the ball over at pretty much the same rate this season.

I know for a fact that it gets much better than Mark at the QB position. I see it every Sunday. I'm all for the Jets finding a great quarterback. Hell. I'd settle for above average. Neither Mark or Geno or Vick or Foles is above average at this time. Not sure any of them will be. Foles was last season, but that seems like an aberration.

And I'm not sure if I'm a better person than you. Never met you. Don't think I ever will, but I'm not one to enjoy others suffering.

Now I'm seeing why they call you Crazy.

Sanchez stinks. He ruined the Jets for 2 seasons and now he's done the same to Philly in 2014

How did Sanchez ruin the Jets for 2 seasons and how did he ruin the season for Philly? Last I checked it's not golf or tennis and many other grown men play on the same team.

Did Mark Sanchez play poorly? At times, yes. Was he the reason the Eagles missed the playoffs? Not solely, no.

How did Sanchez ruin the Jets for 2 seasons and how did he ruin the season for Philly? Last I checked it's not golf or tennis and many other grown men play on the same team.

Did Mark Sanchez play poorly? At times, yes. Was he the reason the Eagles missed the playoffs? Not solely, no.

52 turnovers in 2011 and 2012

Ruin and Ruin

3-4 with a talented cast and a team that was 6-2 and leading the division until he took over

Ruin

52 turnovers in 2011 and 2012

Ruin and Ruin

3-4 with a talented cast and a team that was 6-2 and leading the division until he took over

Ruin

Which of those 4 losses do they win with Foles? Maybe Washington, but Mark played well enough to win.

And yes, Mark was bad in 2011 and 2012. But the Jets as a whole were bad. And he doesn't fix the Jets in 2013 or 2014. I'm not sure any QB could have saved any of those seasons for this team.

Archived