So Where The Hell Is The Rex Ryan Billboard?

SAR I

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd take that bet - I don't think Rex ever gets another HC gig in the NFL again.

Same here.

Maybe it's because of the foot fetish. Maybe it's because of the sleep coach. Maybe it's because he names too many captains. Maybe it's because he had a good week of practice. Maybe it's because he hired Tony Sparano. Maybe it's because he pursued Tim Tebow. Maybe it's because he hired a leadership coach. Maybe it's clock management. Maybe it's halftime adjustments. Maybe it's because of the tattoo. Maybe it's because of the locker room in fighting. Maybe it's because of the lazy attitude of his players. Maybe it's because of only having one time out at the end of each game. Maybe it's the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Maybe it's the offsides penalties. Maybe it's the too many men on the field penalties. Maybe it's because of the "unnamed sources" in the locker room. Maybe it's because the team wasn't prepared in repeat visits to the AFC championship game. Maybe it's because he threw his quarterback and general manager under the bus. Maybe it's because his team plays hard for him only when they fear for their jobs. Maybe it's because he wears a Devils Jersey. Maybe it's because he wears a Ranger jersey. Maybe it's because he wears an Islander jersey. Maybe it's because he gives a finger to WWF fans.

SAR I

This is bulls--t. The true Mark Sanchez story is he was playing with shoulder problems since 2011. This last offseason was the first time he could actually heal. He basically had to take a year off. 

The Jets did not ruin Mark Sanchez. He got hurt. He played hurt for several seasons. He threw crazy ints and made butt fumbles cause of the whole situation (which probably included some needles to play thru injury).

hat's the fact of the matter. This is not insider stuff, do a google search that's the article all the Philly beat writers wrote this preseason.

Well if that's the case this bothers me even more because the Jets quit on someone who not only didn't have the right weapons to succeed but apparently didn't have the right health to succeed either.

SAR I

It's like dog's smelling each other's Sh@t and arguing who's smells worse. Look guys all the Q.B's we've has in that last Five years are bottom tier aweful. Let's do better, Draft better, and at least get a serviceable one. I Dream of a middle of the road Q.B, for the Jets.

Let's teach, develop, discipline & hold players accountable better.

Rex's fault

]

Since the NE playoff win:

Two General Managers. Three Offensive Coordinators. Two primary starting quarterbacks. Two Defensive Coordinators.

23 wins. 34 losses. Twelve losses by 20 points or more (five of them to non-playoff teams, six if Buffalo doesn’t make it this season). Eleven additional losses by 10 points or more (six of them to non-playoff teams).

A 8-12 record against the AFC East, including losses by 19, 23 and 20 points to the Buffalo Bills, losses by 21 and 20 points to the Miami Dolphins and losses by 30 and 21 points to the New England Patriots.

Three sideshow, “rock bottom” occurrences (The final game in 2011, the entire 2012 season and right now).

One Head Coach.

http://turnonthejets.com/2014/10/new-york-jets-rapidly-failing-culture-unnacountablity/

I never said it was because Rex spends his time with the defense, I said it was because Rex had major sway over the way the roster was built, and he only prioritized the defense. Big difference, but you know that, which is why you have no choice but to make an idiot's argument to try and save face or whatever... you don't have a face worth saving.

So then why during Rex' tenure, while he was prioritizing defense and not caring about or understanding the offense, have the Jets drafted 25 offensive players to 15 on defense - including all 3 picks on the offense his first year? 

Why has Rex, team architect, wasted 63% of his draft picks in the last 6 years on the side of the ball he doesn't care about?

Perhaps we should start thinking about who needs to be demonized.  Is it the guy who showed you more playoff success than you've ever seen and patched together 8 wins out of last years roster, or the scouts who continually vouch for guys coming up short on the offensive side of the ball?

So then why during Rex' tenure, while he was prioritizing defense and not caring about or understanding the offense, have the Jets drafted 25 offensive players to 15 on defense - including all 3 picks on the offense his first year?

Why has Rex, team architect, wasted 63% of his draft picks in the last 6 years on the side of the ball he doesn't care about?

Perhaps we should start thinking about who needs to be demonized. Is it the guy who showed you more playoff success than you've ever seen and patched together 8 wins out of last years roster, or the scouts who continually vouch for guys coming up short on the offensive side of the ball?

Maybe if Rex didn't want D players within the rounds 1-3 every year you could get more O talent. Don't think for a second Rex doesn't have a voice in the warroom.

Since '09 7 O players have been drafted within the 1st 3 rounds + (a 2nd used for Sanchez & a 3rd for BE) and 11 picks used for D (including a 2nd for Cro)

And in those 6 yrs of Drafts 6 picks within 1st 2 rounds were used on O players (including a 2nd for Sanchez). 1 was a 1st rounder (Sanchez). 1.

Of course the media never points this out.

Maybe if Rex didn't want D players within the rounds 1-3 every year you could get more O talent. Don't think for a second Rex doesn't have a voice in the warroom.

Since '09 7 O players have been drafted within the 1st 3 rounds + (a 2nd used for Sanchez & a 3rd for BE) and 11 picks used for D (including a 2nd for Cro)

And in those 6 yrs of Drafts 6 picks within 1st 2 rounds were used on O players (including a 2nd for Sanchez). 1 was a 1st rounder (Sanchez). 1.

So Mark Sanchez, Shonn Greene, Vlad Ducasse, Stephen Hill, and Geno Smith are Rex's fault, too?

Well if that's the case this bothers me even more because the Jets quit on someone who not only didn't have the right weapons to succeed but apparently didn't have the right health to succeed either.

SAR I

they quit on him cause his contract was not commensurate with his performance. 

Also, everyone talks about draft picks, but the Jets currently spend $20M more on the offensive side of the ball than they do on the defensive side, and that's nothing new. The vast majority of free agents and trades for veterans have been on offense for the entirety of Rex's tenure. Holmes, Braylon, LaDainian, Plaxico, Ivory, CJ2K, Vick, etc.

But let's ignore that.

Also, everyone talks about draft picks, but the Jets currently spend $20M more on the offensive side of the ball than they do on the defensive side, and that's nothing new. The vast majority of free agents and trades for veterans have been on offense for the entirety of Rex's tenure. Holmes, Braylon, LaDainian, Plaxico, Ivory, CJ2K, Vick, etc.

But let's ignore that.

So all of those draft picks spend on offense floundered and had to be replaced by more expensive veteran washouts in lieu of developing said offensive picks. And this helps the Rex argument how?

But let's ignore that.

Fair enough.

So all of those draft picks spend on offense floundered and had to be replaced by more expensive veteran washouts in lieu of developing said offensive picks. And this helps the Rex argument how?

Vick and Chris Johnson are the kind of difference makers that Idzik chose to add to this year's roster. They're all keepers, amirite?

Who is the offensive draftee the Jets have parted ways with that is enjoying a career resurgence due to being properly developed?

they quit on him cause his contract was not commensurate with his performance.

nfl_u_nyjets1_sy_576.jpg

To my knowledge they did not seek a restructure or make any overtures to his agent in any manner.

Mark Sanchez was scapegoated along with Mike Tannenbaum because of Rex Ryan's failings and embarasment over the Buttfumble. Rex Ryan was retained on a one-year-lame-duck leash because our owner thinks that Mr. Typical Blue Collar Jets Fan loves the guy; he doesn't. Woody fired the two guys he should have kept and kept the one guy he should have fired.

SAR I

nfl_u_nyjets1_sy_576.jpg

To my knowledge they did not seek a restructure or make any overtures to his agent in any manner.

Mark Sanchez was scapegoated along with Mike Tannenbaum because of Rex Ryan's failings and embarasment over the Buttfumble. Rex Ryan was retained on a one-year-lame-duck leash because our owner thinks that Mr. Typical Blue Collar Jets Fan loves the guy; he doesn't. Woody fired the two guys he should have kept and kept the one guy he should have fired.

SAR I

I actually liked Tannenbaum when he was our GM. With that being said, he had to be fired for the irresponsible contracts he gave Santonio Holmes and Mark Sanchez. You can't just throw away $45 million in guaranteed money to two turds and not expect to be fired afterwards. 

Perhaps we should start thinking about who needs to be demonized.  Is it the guy who showed you more playoff success than you've ever seen and patched together 8 wins out of last years roster, or the scouts who continually vouch for guys coming up short on the offensive side of the ball?

The bold = they aren't mutually exclusive, and I've never once defended our scouts. 

Those percentages don't tell much of any story, and certainly don't reinforce whatever limp-wristed point you think you have. Any halfwit would naturally question what what rounds those 63% offensive draft picks were taken in, and what positions they were. 

Here is a list of the offensive players selected in the 3rd round and higher since we picked Sanchez:

3rd round: Shonn Greene (same year as Sanchez)

2nd round: Vlad Ducasse

2nd round: Stephen Hill

Most of that 63% is comprised of late round OL and WR. Of all the offensive players taken after the 3rd round during the Sanchez era, only Slauson, Kerley and Powell have contributed. Slauson isn't a Jet anymore. So, while the Jets may have been drafting volume on the offensive side of the ball, they weren't using draft picks that had good odds of landing true contributors. Combine that with the garbage veterans that Rex brought in, after Mangini's veterans left, and you've got a supporting cast of dogsh*t.

Meanwhile, all those early picks on defense from those years were busts, except Wilk and maybe Kenrick and Demorrio. I don't think our scouts are very good, but if Rex it's just as much an indictment of Rex that pretty much NONE of the draft picks during his era here have been developed outside of the DL. When you consider Rex's roots as a DL coach and the fact that we have the best DL coach in the league in Dunbar, that should at least be an expectation, not an accomplishment.

nfl_u_nyjets1_sy_576.jpg

SAR I

Your premise has legs, but the bold is just not true. Look at our draft history under Tanny, look how few picks were made... Tanny wasn't sustainable. He was as bad as Idzik, but for entirely different reasons. 

When you invest in a top 10 QB, you have to do what it takes to make that investment pay off. The Jets chose to invest in the coach, rather than the QB. It is bizarre logic, and Sanchez suffered as a result. It doesn't mean we should have kept any of the 3 of them though.

Your premise has legs, but the bold is just not true. Look at our draft history under Tanny, look how few picks were made... Tanny wasn't sustainable. He was as bad as Idzik, but for entirely different reasons. 

When you invest in a top 10 QB, you have to do what it takes to make that investment pay off. The Jets chose to invest in the coach, rather than the QB. It is bizarre logic, and Sanchez suffered as a result. It doesn't mean we should have kept any of the 3 of them though.

9halfwins_zps45f85b2b.jpg

Just like Mark Sanchez, Mike Tannenbaum's accomplishments get swept under the rug.

From 1997 to 2011, the Jets averaged 9.5 wins per year when their quarterback wasn't out for the season. That's 15 years of a very strong roster and the thing about Tanny is that he decisively took advantage of the free agent market when he blew a draft pick and we never had any salary cap issues during his run. Not a single year of the 15 where the team played the Mets and stopped spending; every year they played like the Yankees and did everything it took to get a decent roster on the field.

Look at those records. Take out the Testaverde injury and the Pennington injuries, we've got a better 15 year record than the Steelers, Broncos, Cowboys, Giants, only the Patriots and Colts did better. Not a single losing season in that span with a healthy quarterback. Anyone under the age of 30 doesn't know of the Jets being a laughing stock. Tannenbaum did a great job.

Like Mark Sanchez young Jets career, Mike Tannenbaum's lengthy Jets tenure was the most successful in team history. And just like Mark Sanchez, the minute things went a bit wrong he was thrown under the bus. We went from having the most aggressive GM in the league to a sheep, we went from having the most promising young QB prospect in the league to a moron. Woody kept the wrong guy and got rid of the two right ones.

SAR I

The bold = they aren't mutually exclusive, and I've never once defended our scouts. 

Those percentages don't tell much of any story, and certainly don't reinforce whatever limp-wristed point you think you have. Any halfwit would naturally question what what rounds those 63% offensive draft picks were taken in, and what positions they were. 

Here is a list of the offensive players selected in the 3rd round and higher since we picked Sanchez:

3rd round: Shonn Greene (same year as Sanchez)

2nd round: Vlad Ducasse

2nd round: Stephen Hill

Most of that 63% is comprised of late round OL and WR. Of all the offensive players taken after the 3rd round during the Sanchez era, only Slauson, Kerley and Powell have contributed. Slauson isn't a Jet anymore. So, while the Jets may have been drafting volume on the offensive side of the ball, they weren't using draft picks that had good odds of landing true contributors. Combine that with the garbage veterans that Rex brought in, after Mangini's veterans left, and you've got a supporting cast of dogsh*t.

Meanwhile, all those early picks on defense from those years were busts, except Wilk and maybe Kenrick and Demorrio. I don't think our scouts are very good, but if Rex it's just as much an indictment of Rex that pretty much NONE of the draft picks during his era here have been developed outside of the DL. When you consider Rex's roots as a DL coach and the fact that we have the best DL coach in the league in Dunbar, that should at least be an expectation, not an accomplishment.

Here is a list of the guys you didn't include on your list:

Geno Smith

Jace Amaro

Brian Winters

oops.

I'll ask you the question that DomSHame ran from.  Name me the offensive draftee who the Jets have parted ways with that is experiencing a career resurgence due to being properly developed?

Here is a list of the guys you didn't include on your list:

Geno Smith

Jace Amaro

Brian Winters

oops.

I'll ask you the question that DomSHame ran from.  Name me the offensive draftee who the Jets have parted ways with that is experiencing a career resurgence due to being properly developed?

The argument was about offensive players put around Mark. You set that parameter and made that clear in your initial rebuttal, and I made it clear in my response.

This is quite simply a garbage response. 

The argument was about offensive players put around Mark. You set that parameter and made that clear in your initial rebuttal, and I made it clear in my response.

This is quite simply a garbage response.

Watching you squirm is always more enjoyable after I've had a cup of coffee. 

At this point you've been reduced to flailing so I'll let you off the hook and say ok.

Archived