So Where The Hell Is The Rex Ryan Billboard?

SAR I

This undercurrent of pity for Rex Ryan and making John Idzik the bad guy is getting out of hand. We even have the usually-reliable Manish Mehta writing a sympathy column in today's News.

Rex Ryan is the reason we're in this predicament, he's called the shots since 2011, guys like Mark Sanchez and Mike Tannenbaum were scapegoated out of town and a guy like John Idzik was brought in here to continue to march to a strategy that doesn't work in today's NFL. You can't win it like the '85 Bears. You can't win it on the ground and on D and ignore the passing game.

He's gotten so good at moving the blame to others, most of you don't see it any more. Yesterday's postgame presser, acting like the hurt little puppy, its as if he's done everything he could (sniff-sniff) and the team is actually 8-1 on the practice field. It's nauseating. He's the master of keeping his job, nothing more, stop letting him pull the wool over your eyes. He should be gone tomorrow, Idzik in January.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This undercurrent of pity for Rex Ryan and making John Idzik the bad guy is getting out of hand. We even have the usually-reliable Manish Mehta writing a sympathy column in today's News.

Rex Ryan is the reason we're in this predicament, he's called the shots since 2011, guys like Mark Sanchez and Mike Tannenbaum were scapegoated out of town and a guy like John Idzik was brought in here to continue to march to a strategy that doesn't work in today's NFL. You can't win it like the '85 Bears. You can't win it on the ground and on D and ignore the passing game.

He's gotten so good at moving the blame to others, most of you don't see it any more. Yesterday's postgame presser, acting like the hurt little puppy, its as if he's done everything he could (sniff-sniff) and the team is actually 8-1 on the practice field. It's nauseating. He's the master of keeping his job, nothing more, stop letting him pull the wool over your eyes. He should be gone tomorrow, Idzik in January.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

Agreed with every word of this post, other than referring to scum like Mehta as "usually-reliable" - he wants Rex here for life because he makes for a circus, and thus an easier time writing columns.

Seems like a waste since everyone knows he's getting fired.  Idzik is still unknown, so a billboard is necessary.

Pretty simple, really.

Not so fast, unfortunately.

Rex Ryan is very carefully manipulating the media and feeble-minded fans into thinking it's all on Idzik. This foregone conclusion that Rex is toast can quickly become a "SAVE REX" billboard. Woody doesn't want to fire him, the fans have this Testaverde-like allegiance to him, the finger of blame needs to be pointed back in his direction pronto.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

Agreed with every word of this post, other than referring to scum like Mehta as "usually-reliable" - he wants Rex here for life because he makes for a circus, and thus an easier time writing columns.

Mehta is usually reliable to slap our head coach around like a rag doll after another dumb loss to a dumb team because of dumb penalties dumb clock management dumb halftime adjustments and dumb strategies that can't be supported with the roster we currently have. We've got to fight Rex Ryan before his manipulation of the media and his owner is complete.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

POTMFC

Jets fans really do deserve what they get.

You guys are stealing my material...

aaaaaaaand now I sound like JIF. LOL

Mehta is usually reliable to slap our head coach around like a rag doll after another dumb loss to a dumb team because of dumb penalties dumb clock management dumb halftime adjustments and dumb strategies that can't be supported with the roster we currently have. 

This I don't agree with at all - you can argue that Mehta single-handedly saved Rex's job last season with his "twitter poll." Him and Cimini have been Rex's 2 biggest lobbyists/supporters in the press. 

Rex may be the single worst thing to happen to this team in my lifetime, but Mehta is not, nor has he ever been, anything other than a Rex apologist/loyalist.

This I don't agree with at all - you can argue that Mehta single-handedly saved Rex's job last season with his "twitter poll." Him and Cimini have been Rex's 2 biggest lobbyists/supporters in the press. 

Rex may be the single worst thing to happen to this team in my lifetime, but Mehta is not, nor has he ever been, anything other than a Rex apologist/loyalist.

My impression of Mehta this season has been that he's out to get Rex- which was great for the past 7 weeks, not so much today. We've got to stop the undercurrent of Ryan sympathy before it gets out of hand, he's playing the sad puppy too well right now. Social media will take down Idzik; we can't let it save Ryan.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

We've got to stop the undercurrent of Ryan sympathy before it gets out of hand, he's playing the sad puppy too well right now. Social media will take down Idzik; we can't let it save Ryan.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

Still disagree with your impression of Mehta, but you're spot on with everything else.

Someone has to be held to account for this team yesterday and week after week being down 2 scores late in the game and inexplicably still huddling up, taking their sweet ass time, wasting timeouts, calling running plays, generally acting like a team that has quit. And make no mistake-opponents are seeing that and taking it easy acordingly.When Ryan brags about being a top 5 defense he doesn't take into account that other teams see how pathetic and indifferent the Jets' offense is. Hold no love for Idzik's drafting but Ryan is as resposnible as anyone.

Not so fast, unfortunately.

Rex Ryan is very carefully manipulating the media and feeble-minded fans into thinking it's all on Idzik. This foregone conclusion that Rex is toast can quickly become a "SAVE REX" billboard. Woody doesn't want to fire him, the fans have this Testaverde-like allegiance to him, the finger of blame needs to be pointed back in his direction pronto.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

He's getting fired. 

When you have to rely on Mehta or Cimini to relay or convey a message, you are F'ed! Damn, Woody has to get off the Johnson&Johnson happy pills and realize his team is in dire straits. 1-8 is not a let's keep Rex/Idzik moment....no amount of editorializing will save this team. We need to clean house...probably a year late.

LL

Still disagree with your impression of Mehta, but you're spot on with everything else.

Thank you kind sir. If I didn't know any better, I'd say we were once on the same side of the fence quite frequently a long time ago in a forum far far away.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

As an aside, I'll be interested to see what kind of billboard $10k gets you. Iirc, a full-sized billboard on a major highway cost in the neighborhood of $30k.

I've got four Row 1 seats in the Mezzanine, if I could smuggle a "FIRE REX RYAN!" banner in without having my PSL's revoked I'd just do that.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

I hope Rex goes after Sunday beat down against "home team" Pittsburgh, when the Steeler Nation turns Woody's big green monster into Heinz Field east-boy that's gonna feel great to watch from the suite isn't it Woody? Now all we need is a few brave souls to don paper bags with "Jets fan in hiding" written on it and that guy and his friends to somehow get on camera.

Now IF, IF Rex makes it past the bye then we are going to have to settle for only one of the two main culprits (#2 and #3 Woody being culprit #1) getting the axe this time. Woody needs to be sitting up there in front of the press with SOMEBODY, either Idzik or Ryan, because he doesn't have the balls to face the music alone-so what we need is Rex to be fired during the bye and Idzik gone after the season.

lupica crushed it today.  he said get a life and donate the money instead

he aint wrong

Why?  People throw tons of cash away every day on coffee, soda, candy whatever.  If they get a laugh or it helps them relieve some of the stress/anger of this terrible season, why not pitch in for that billboard?  

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

Have to admit it, You have been dead on on the Anti Rex campaign for a long time...:applause:

Archived