So Where The Hell Is The Rex Ryan Billboard?

SAR I

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why?  People throw tons of cash away every day on coffee, soda, candy whatever.  If they get a laugh or it helps them relieve some of the stress/anger of this terrible season, why not pitch in for that billboard?  

because it's a really stupid idea

Rex is a likable guy. Amazing for a Ryan. He came into town in a storm of publicity and good intentions. He was very successful at masking a talented but basic offense

with an amazing defense. But he has a number of faults. But people want to believe his BS. His brother's the same way. Good results then fumbles down.

Have to admit it, You have been dead on on the Anti Rex campaign for a long time...:applause:

I would rather have been wrong frankly, and the damage that Rex Ryan has done to this team will kill us for years.

Imagine if Mark Sanchez turns out to be a good quarterback after all.

SAR I

Sanchez couldn't win with a running game and was exposed when he didn't have one.

Please stop the BS, Rex did not ruin Sanchez nor did Schotty. How many INT's do you need to confirm this?

Mark Sanchez was good when he had playmakers like Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery, Burress, Tomlinson, Richardson, Jones, and Washington.

Mark Sanchez wasn't good when he had fap like Schillens, Hill, Kerley, McKnight, Gates, Hilliard, and Greene.

No quarterback could succeed with this group of offensive sh-t. The Jets went out of their way to ignore the offense and not invest in the quarterback that they traded up to get. That is on Rex Ryan. He's the Devil.

SAR I

Mark Sanchez was good when he had playmakers like Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery, Burress, Tomlinson, Richardson, Jones, and Washington.

Mark Sanchez wasn't good when he had fap like Schillens, Hill, Kerley, McKnight, Gates, Hilliard, and Greene.

No quarterback could succeed with this group of offensive sh-t. The Jets went out of their way to ignore the offense and not invest in the quarterback that they traded up to get. That is on Rex Ryan. He's the Devil.

SAR I

Lets revisit this if/when Sanchez is suddenly a good QB.

SAR I

Right about Rex, wrong about this...

Sanchez was never good. At his best, Sanchez at one time looked like he might have the potential to improve. But during his 4 years, we never had a league average QB. Never.

Sanchez was never good. At his best, Sanchez at one time looked like he might have the potential to improve. But during his 4 years, we never had a league average QB. Never.

Except when he was above average in the playoffs, when it mattered. He's a better QB than anything we have on the roster and the Jets continue to have below average QB play. So what's the use of splitting hairs here?

Except when he was above average in the playoffs, when it mattered. He's a better QB than anything we have on the roster and the Jets continue to have below average QB play. So what's the use of splitting hairs here?

Mark Sanchez's body of work is the only thing that made him look "above average" in the playoffs.  In reality, his game against the Patriots is the only one that can be considered anything to be proud of as far as QB performances go, and even in that game, he threw for under 200 yards.  The success was as much in not making a mistake as it was in anything else.  Also, everyone ignores his virtual no-shows in the AFC Championship Games from his playoff body of work.

The use in splitting hairs is sorting out this revisionist history that we some how made a mistake letting him go because the good old days of Mark Sanchez were something to be valued.  He was an awful QB and the fact that this organization has failed to improve upon him is not a compliment to him, but yet another in a long line of scathing reviews of the organization, Geno Smith, & Vick.

This undercurrent of pity for Rex Ryan and making John Idzik the bad guy is getting out of hand. We even have the usually-reliable Manish Mehta writing a sympathy column in today's News.

Rex Ryan is the reason we're in this predicament, he's called the shots since 2011, guys like Mark Sanchez and Mike Tannenbaum were scapegoated out of town and a guy like John Idzik was brought in here to continue to march to a strategy that doesn't work in today's NFL. You can't win it like the '85 Bears. You can't win it on the ground and on D and ignore the passing game.

He's gotten so good at moving the blame to others, most of you don't see it any more. Yesterday's postgame presser, acting like the hurt little puppy, its as if he's done everything he could (sniff-sniff) and the team is actually 8-1 on the practice field. It's nauseating. He's the master of keeping his job, nothing more, stop letting him pull the wool over your eyes. He should be gone tomorrow, Idzik in January.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

This.

Mark Sanchez's body of work is the only thing that made him look "above average" in the playoffs. In reality, his game against the Patriots is the only one that can be considered anything to be proud of as far as QB performances go, and even in that game, he threw for under 200 yards. The success was as much in not making a mistake as it was in anything else. Also, everyone ignores his virtual no-shows in the AFC Championship Games from his playoff body of work.

The use in splitting hairs is sorting out this revisionist history that we some how made a mistake letting him go because the good old days of Mark Sanchez were something to be valued. He was an awful QB and the fact that this organization has failed to improve upon him is not a compliment to him, but yet another in a long line of scathing reviews of the organization, Geno Smith, & Vick.

This

Also, I know SAR is a divisive character, so this post won't get its full due, but it really is masterful.

This undercurrent of pity for Rex Ryan and making John Idzik the bad guy is getting out of hand. We even have the usually-reliable Manish Mehta writing a sympathy column in today's News.

Rex Ryan is the reason we're in this predicament, he's called the shots since 2011, guys like Mark Sanchez and Mike Tannenbaum were scapegoated out of town and a guy like John Idzik was brought in here to continue to march to a strategy that doesn't work in today's NFL. You can't win it like the '85 Bears. You can't win it on the ground and on D and ignore the passing game.

He's gotten so good at moving the blame to others, most of you don't see it any more. Yesterday's postgame presser, acting like the hurt little puppy, its as if he's done everything he could (sniff-sniff) and the team is actually 8-1 on the practice field. It's nauseating. He's the master of keeping his job, nothing more, stop letting him pull the wool over your eyes. He should be gone tomorrow, Idzik in January.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

:face:

because it's a really stupid idea

Hey I'm not talking about taking away some kids kidney dialysis treatment in favor of this silly bulletin board.  All I'm sayin is that if folks want to do it to make a statement, more power to ya.

Would I give money to the project?  No fukkin way.  I'll stick to buying bourbon.

Lets revisit this if/when Sanchez is suddenly a good QB.

Whether or not he's decent in 2014 doesn't hide that fact that you could argue that no other NFL prospect had the type of two year setup for future success that Mark Sanchez had and was summarily ignored by his head coach, given no young targets to bond with, given no decent free agents to replace what he lost. Add to that Sparano, Tebow, the Snoopy Bowl, it's comical what we did to destroy a kid off to such a promising start.

SAR I

He was an awful QB and the fact that this organization has failed to improve upon him is not a compliment to him, but yet another in a long line of scathing reviews of the organization, Geno Smith, & Vick.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

The revisionist history for former Jets' failures is one of the most mind-boggling, and yet never-ending, tendencies of folks on this board.

yoyo_zpsd443ce64.jpg

Explain to me what more we would have wanted out of a college junior NFL quarterback prospect than a 4-2 playoff record, an 11-5 season, and a span where the team he led won 16 of 20 games including 5 miracle comebacks that led to our second best season since 1968?

You want to throw stats at me, fine, but in a Rex Ryan system of ground and pound and a punishing defense, our 16-4 run was the best in team history. He wasn't the next Peyton Manning, but Mark Sanchez was exactly what we needed him to be and we didn't cultivate him or build an offense to continue the success he had with some older free agents.

Again, show me a rookie QB thrown into the fire that showed such promise so early and then was disregarded and unsupported like this. You can't.

SAR I

Also, I know SAR is a divisive character, so this post won't get its full due, but it really is masterful.

Thank you sir. You know, I've never been nominated for the post of the week award you keep winning, but if I could at least get a look it would go a long way.

SAR I

Meh... I was a fan in the old days, but frankly he now tries too hard to be all "SAR" about things, and it's lost its meaning entirely.  This post is no different, and the laughable defense of clowns like Tanny and Sanchez proves he's just another in the long line of folks around here who are too dense (or too slow) to grasp the concept of multiple people being able to suck at their jobs all at once.  Not to mention that this whole "poor Rex" angle is one only actually pushed by the trying-too-hard-troll types.  While folks like SAR and Mehta may be lost causes, you don't need to be one of those Tom, you're better than that... well, maybe.

I was never the biggest Sanchez fan when he was here, but SAR's making some pretty good points. Look at how teams like the Colts and Falcons went out of their way to provide the young QBs they drafted high with young skill position talent to bond and build a rapport and chemistry with. Then look at the contrast of the Jets allowing the talent Sanchez had as a rookie to leave, and instead of replacing it, focusing exclusively on the defense while ignoring the offense, all for Rex's futile quest to recreate Daddy's '85 Bears.

I'm not saying Sanchez definitely would've been the guy had we given him everything he needed to succeed, but we sure as hell didn't even try.

Archived