Former Patriots QB Drew Bledsoe supports Mark Sanchez, says playing for NY Jets like being sacrificial virgin

Jetfan13

sport-football.jpgGARY CASKEY/REUTERSDrew Bledsoe says he is happy Mark Sanchez plays well Sunday - his first action since leaving the Jets - and that playing for the Jets is like when 'they take the pretty young virgin up to the edge of the volcano and then just throw them in

Drew Bledsoe hasn’t played for the Jets’ greatest rival since 2001, but that didn’t stop him from taking a shot at Gang Green on Monday when asked about Mark Sanchez now starting in Philly.

“Going to play quarterback for the Jets ... it’s kind of like, you know when they used to take the pretty young virgin up to the edge of the volcano and then just throw them in?” Bledsoe said on ESPN Radio. “That’s kind of what it is when you play quarterback for the Jets. It just feels bad.

“Mark had to live with that for a long time,” Bledsoe added. “And people threw him under the bus like he was the whole reason for the demise of the Jets.

“To see him be able to come on to the field in a good system, with good talent and perform well, I’m just really happy for him.”

It’s hard to argue with the former Patriots QB: The Jets are in the midst of one of their worst seasons, and their quarterback position is a mess with Geno Smith benched for Mike Vick.

Yet again, they have no long-term behind center.

Sanchez aside, Wrex did nothing to support his franchise QB.  With Trader Mike and Wrex basically telling him what to draft the Jets let the offensive line erode and provided Sanchez with sub par weapons while drafting defense almost exclusively.  No QB would have thrived with Wrex as the ""head coach""

Sanchez aside, Wrex did nothing to support his franchise QB.  With Trader Mike and Wrex basically telling him what to draft the Jets let the offensive line erode and provided Sanchez with sub par weapons while drafting defense almost exclusively.  No QB would have thrived with Wrex as the ""head coach""

Does it bother you that your not at all clever alternate spelling of Rex hasn't taken off?

“Mark had to live with that for a long time,” Bledsoe added. “And people threw him under the bus like he was the whole reason for the demise of the Jets."

The Jets ****ed Sanchez up, then Rex threw the kid under the bus to save his ass. This is a given. He also threw Tanny, Schotty, Pettine and Sporano under the bus. It's what he does.

The Jets ****ed Sanchez up, then Rex threw the kid under the bus to save his ass. This is a given. He also threw Tanny, Schotty, Pettine and Sporano under the bus. It's what he does.

lol....  what an incredible bunch of horse sh-t.  your opinions are borderline unreadable lately.

lol....  what an incredible bunch of horse sh-t.  your opinions are borderline unreadable lately.

What is horse sh*t about that.  What did Wrex do to help his franchise QB.  I mean aside from the genius traffic light calls he came up with of course.  Red light red light!

sport-football.jpgGARY CASKEY/REUTERSDrew Bledsoe says he is happy Mark Sanchez plays well Sunday - his first action since leaving the Jets - and that playing for the Jets is like when 'they take the pretty young virgin up to the edge of the volcano and then just throw them in

Drew Bledsoe hasn’t played for the Jets’ greatest rival since 2001, but that didn’t stop him from taking a shot at Gang Green on Monday when asked about Mark Sanchez now starting in Philly.

“Going to play quarterback for the Jets ... it’s kind of like, you know when they used to take the pretty young virgin up to the edge of the volcano and then just throw them in?” Bledsoe said on ESPN Radio. “That’s kind of what it is when you play quarterback for the Jets. It just feels bad.

“Mark had to live with that for a long time,” Bledsoe added. “And people threw him under the bus like he was the whole reason for the demise of the Jets.

“To see him be able to come on to the field in a good system, with good talent and perform well, I’m just really happy for him.”

It’s hard to argue with the former Patriots QB: The Jets are in the midst of one of their worst seasons, and their quarterback position is a mess with Geno Smith benched for Mike Vick.

Yet again, they have no long-term behind center.

Still bitter over that crushing Mo Lewis hit 13 years ago, Drew?

A lot of folks are proclaiming Sanchez reborn and successful before those chickens have hatched.

Personally, I'd have to see Sanchez start 16 games, win 9, and throw more TD's than he produces turnovers, before I'd start waving my finger around proclaiming the Jets "wrong on Sanchez" or somehow using him as a scapegoat.

Yes, he was thrown in too soon, but he wasn't killed here for what he did as a rookie. 

He is killed here for what he didn't do as a fourth year veteran starter....i.e. not improve, at all, from his rookie year.  Same mistakes, more turnovers.

The Jets, as of today, have nothing to lament about over Sanchez.  He got more than a fair shot here overall.

Geno being a massive bust doesn;t change what Sanchez was here, a slightly less massive bust, but still a bust.

The way the Jets handle young QBs in the Rex Ryan era is criminal. Drafting two QBs who needed to hold a clipboard for a year or two coming into the league and putting them as the starter without ever having a viable alternative plan is an abomination. Not saying Mark or Geno would have been better than they are, but neither were ready for the full time gig. That was very apparent coming out of both of their drafts. Neither were Luck or Manning coming out, where it made sense to put them out there because they were ready.

A lot of folks are proclaiming Sanchez reborn and successful before those chickens have hatched.

Personally, I'd have to see Sanchez start 16 games, win 9, and throw more TD's than he produces turnovers, before I'd start waving my finger around proclaiming the Jets "wrong on Sanchez" or somehow using him as a scapegoat.

Yes, he was thrown in too soon, but he wasn't killed here for what he did as a rookie. 

He is killed here for what he didn't do as a fourth year veteran starter....i.e. not improve, at all, from his rookie year.  Same mistakes, more turnovers.

The Jets, as of today, have nothing to lament about over Sanchez.  He got more than a fair shot here overall.

Geno being a massive bust doesn;t change what Sanchez was here, a slightly less massive bust, but still a bust.

Sometimes a change of scenery is just what the doctor ordered, Jim Plunkett was initially viewed as a bust and yet he won 2 Superbowls.  Sanchez still has a shot to resurrect his career. If he succeeds it will be another blemish on this franchise.

Also there is a reason why the ravens passed on the village clown and hired a ST coach from Eagles.

Poor Sanchez.  Had the best OL and Running game in the NFL.  Handing off to LT with Greene finishing out the games, throwing to Braylon, Holmes, Cotch and Keller...tough life, man, tough life.

Poor Sanchez. Had the best OL and Running game in the NFL. Handing off to LT with Greene finishing out the games, throwing to Braylon, Holmes, Cotch and Keller...tough life, man, tough life.

Yeah, and the next season Braylon and Cotch were gone and Wayne Hunter was protecting him. Then LT left.

It's beyond dispute that the Jets allowed the offensive talent around Sanchez to deteriorate without replacement.

I think its important to note that not only did the Jets literally almost kill Drew Beldsoe, he also possess a 9-12 record vs. the Jets.

Any QB who has a losing record vs. a franchise as horrible as the Jets, must feel like a virgin at the edge of a Volcano who is just going to get throw in. It just must feel bad.

Yeah, and the next season Braylon and Cotch were gone and Wayne Hunter was protecting him. Then LT left.

It's beyond dispute that the Jets allowed the offensive talent around Sanchez to deteriorate without replacement.

Which is strange because that next season he broke the single season TD record for the Jets.

The talent did deteriorate, I think the Jets expected him to improve.  He didnt. 

Archived