Former Patriots QB Drew Bledsoe supports Mark Sanchez, says playing for NY Jets like being sacrificial virgin

Jetfan13

The Jets ****ed Sanchez up, then Rex threw the kid under the bus to save his ass. This is a given. He also threw Tanny, Schotty, Pettine and Sporano under the bus. It's what he does.

I wish I could thrown under the same bus that Pettine did. Dude left, improved Buffalo's defense and turned that into a head coaching gig with a better record and future then what Rex has...

As much as it must hurt to admit it, Mark Sanchez played damn good Sunday for someone who hasn't played since 2012.

Two touchdown passes, all his throws had a really nice touch, and one of his interceptions should have been another completion.

Nobody roots against ex-players like Jet fans do.

Apparently for Mark Sanchez, 2 TDs/2 INTs = performing well.

how about winning the game and one of the ints was a deflection thrown right in the hands of the receiver. So yeah 2 TD's some nice drives cause ya know drives don't always end in a TD pass.. right ?

Did Sanchez regress here ? Yes Did he Become a TO machine ? Yes Did the jets organization and coaching staff ruin him ? Yes Yet now he looks like a different QB go ******* figure

Poor Sanchez.  Had the best OL and Running game in the NFL.  Handing off to LT with Greene finishing out the games, throwing to Braylon, Holmes, Cotch and Keller...tough life, man, tough life.

Yeah and both of those years he led us to the playoffs and performed clutch in those playoffs ...but hey WTF do we need to bring that up for.

As much as it must hurt to admit it, Mark Sanchez played damn good Sunday for someone who hasn't played since 2012.

Two touchdown passes, all his throws had a really nice touch, and one of his interceptions should have been another completion.

Nobody roots against ex-players like Jet fans do.

Well now, that is out-and-out bullsh*t. I live in Mass, I listen to Boston sports radio... part of this whole Belichick era stigma is that every player the Patriots get rid of is ab-so-*******-lutely garbage, didn't buy into the Patriot way, was never actually as good as every said when they got on their knees for him... Mankins, Seymour, Welker, BGJE, Mallet, Moss, McGinest, and every other Patriot who was sent packing over the last decade plus... all FAHHHHCKIN SAHHHCK KID.

The Jets fan say their players suck when they are here, and suck when they are gone. Completely different than what you ******* self-deluding sh*tbag fans do to your ex-players up here.

You are full of sh*t.

Well now, that is out-and-out bullsh*t. I live in Mass, I listen to Boston sports radio... part of this whole Belichick era stigma is that every player the Patriots get rid of is ab-so-*******-lutely garbage, didn't buy into the Patriot way, was never actually as good as every said when they got on their knees for him... Mankins, Seymour, Welker, BGJE, Mallet, Moss, McGinest, and every other Patriot who was sent packing over the last decade plus... all FAHHHHCKIN SAHHHCK KID.

The Jets fan say their players suck when they are here, and suck when they are gone. Completely different than what you ******* self-deluding sh*tbag fans do to your ex-players up here.

You are full of sh*t.

Listening to Boston sports-radio is a mistake.

Patriot fans actively root for Hoyer, Mallet, Mankins, and plenty of others to do well. Everyone here still likes Green-Ellis, still likes Woodhead.

Welker is an exception, sure, but he burned bridges, runs his mouth, and I laughed and laughed when McCourty folded him in half Sunday.

You guys straight up hate Sanchez.

sport-football.jpgGARY CASKEY/REUTERSDrew Bledsoe says he is happy Mark Sanchez plays well Sunday - his first action since leaving the Jets - and that playing for the Jets is like when 'they take the pretty young virgin up to the edge of the volcano and then just throw them in

Drew Bledsoe hasn’t played for the Jets’ greatest rival since 2001, but that didn’t stop him from taking a shot at Gang Green on Monday when asked about Mark Sanchez now starting in Philly.

“Going to play quarterback for the Jets ... it’s kind of like, you know when they used to take the pretty young virgin up to the edge of the volcano and then just throw them in?” Bledsoe said on ESPN Radio. “That’s kind of what it is when you play quarterback for the Jets. It just feels bad.

“Mark had to live with that for a long time,” Bledsoe added. “And people threw him under the bus like he was the whole reason for the demise of the Jets.

“To see him be able to come on to the field in a good system, with good talent and perform well, I’m just really happy for him.”

It’s hard to argue with the former Patriots QB: The Jets are in the midst of one of their worst seasons, and their quarterback position is a mess with Geno Smith benched for Mike Vick.

Yet again, they have no long-term behind center.

I agree with Bledsoe FTR.

Listening to Boston sports-radio is a mistake.

Patriot fans actively root for Hoyer, Mallet, Mankins, and plenty of others to do well. Everyone here still likes Green-Ellis, still likes Woodhead.

Welker is an exception, sure, but he burned bridges, runs his mouth, and I laughed and laughed when McCourty folded him in half Sunday.

You guys straight up hate Sanchez.

None of the bold is true, at all.

We hated Sanchez before he was gone, we're consistent. You all love your guys until they aren't Patriots, then you turn on them, like the bandwagon-natured flakes you all are.

The way the Jets handle young QBs in the Rex Ryan era is criminal. Drafting two QBs who needed to hold a clipboard for a year or two coming into the league and putting them as the starter without ever having a viable alternative plan is an abomination. Not saying Mark or Geno would have been better than they are, but neither were ready for the full time gig. That was very apparent coming out of both of their drafts. Neither were Luck or Manning coming out, where it made sense to put them out there because they were ready.

I agree they both needed to hold clip boards, BUT which QB prior to this season was a better option than them? You can blame Rex for just about everything, but not bringing in a Veteran QB who could actually get out of their motorized scooter isn't one of them.

Which is strange because that next season he broke the single season TD record for the Jets.

The talent did deteriorate, I think the Jets expected him to improve.  He didnt. 

I think that means he did improve. The talent around him fell apart and he proceeded to score 32 touchdowns while getting mauled by people expecting Wayne Hunter to act like an NFL o-lineman. 

how about winning the game and one of the ints was a deflection thrown right in the hands of the receiver. So yeah 2 TD's some nice drives cause ya know drives don't always end in a TD pass.. right ?

Did Sanchez regress here ? Yes Did he Become a TO machine ? Yes Did the jets organization and coaching staff ruin him ? Yes Yet now he looks like a different QB go ******* figure

Become a turnover machine? I'm sorry, what? Look at his 1st and 2nd year stats. No one had to turn him into a turnover machine.

Become a turnover machine? I'm sorry, what? Look at his 1st and 2nd year stats. No one had to turn him into a turnover machine.

His first year he had 13 TD and 17 INTs 9 of which came in 2 games.So the other 8 ints were across 14 games ... The next year he had 17 Td's and 13 Ints 5 in one game ...seemed to be going in the right direction   both years he played well in the playoffs. In year 3 he accounted for 32 TD's 26 passing but his turnovers went off the charts and they really didn't have to, it was the good and the bad that year. He needed proper coaching to drop the number of Ints ,,,He needed to learn to throw the ball away and stop trying to force things. Year four was a complete and total disaster we let all the Receivers go and those who remained got hurt Holmes Keller and Cumberland ...He was throwing to scrubs now out of the NFL and lost his safety blanket in LT his O line was a mess and things went in the toilet fast/

Lets see how he performs with Philly then you can make your assessment of Sanchez. He has the talent lets see if he can grasp the mental part of the position under Kell

Great....screw you Bledsoe...enjoy the ring Brady earned for you. I'm sure he appreciated you holding his clip board, old man.

As far as the Sanchez bashing? ...

Getting rid of Sanchez = getting rid of the best QB on the roster.

We can debate about him needing to be gone until the cowa come home but, bottom line, Sanchez is light years....LIGHT YEARS!!!....better than Geno smith.

How's that sound?... Some west coast p---y QB is light years better than the one you dumped him for. Dopey organization.

Drew Bledsoe says Jets are 'where quarterbacks go to die'

JETS VS PATRIOTS 10191997
Former Patriots quarterback Drew Bledsoe does not have kind things to say about being the signal-caller for the Jets. (Photo by: George McNish)
Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com By Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com The Star-Ledger

Email the author | Follow on Twitter

on November 13, 2014 at 9:22 AM, updated November 13, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Drew Bledsoe, whose signature achievement in an NFL career that included a Super Bowl appearance was to get hurt so Tom Brady could replace him, is on a roll when it comes to firebombing the Jets for their handling of Mark Sanchez.

Last week, Bledsoe went on a national radio show to compare playing quarterback for the Jets to a virgin sacrifice. And on Wednesday, Bledsoe appeared on a Philadelphia radio show and was at it again.

“I’m just so genuinely happy for Mark Sanchez,” Bledsoe told 94 WIP. “The guy was absolutely just thrown under the bus and backed over and run over again in New York.”

Bledsoe wasn't done.

“To see Mark go from a situation in New York, that was just … that’s where quarterbacks go to die,” Bledsoe said. “Who’s had a successful season as a quarterback for the Jets? Who’s the last one? Probably Chad Pennington? I can’t think of who’s been successful for the Jets.”

It's true that the Jets have a long history of lackluster quarterbacks. It's also true that head coach Rex Ryan has done a poor job of developing quarterbacks in which the Jets have invested first- (Sanchez) and second-round draft picks (Geno Smith). But excepting Brett Favre's one season in Florham Park, Pennington was the quarterback for the Jets before Sanchez, and he did take the Jets to the playoffs three times in six seasons as a starter.

Bledsoe, meanwhile, had a career quarterback rating of 77.1. Against the Jets, he threw 21 touchdowns against 29 interceptions in 22 games. So he knows bad quarterbacking when he sees it. Will Todd Blackledge or Bubby Brister be next to rip the Jets?

best jets QBs since namath--vinny and favre. both drafted and developed elsewhere. can the jets please please please stop drafting QBs in the 1st and 2nd and "overpay" for a vet that someone else developed that is <32 years old? Or at least do both at the same time. Hedge your bets. PLEASE?

A lot of folks are proclaiming Sanchez reborn and successful before those chickens have hatched.

Personally, I'd have to see Sanchez start 16 games, win 9, and throw more TD's than he produces turnovers, before I'd start waving my finger around proclaiming the Jets "wrong on Sanchez" or somehow using him as a scapegoat.

Yes, he was thrown in too soon, but he wasn't killed here for what he did as a rookie. 

He is killed here for what he didn't do as a fourth year veteran starter....i.e. not improve, at all, from his rookie year.  Same mistakes, more turnovers.

The Jets, as of today, have nothing to lament about over Sanchez.  He got more than a fair shot here overall.

Geno being a massive bust doesn;t change what Sanchez was here, a slightly less massive bust, but still a bust.

No organization that has a clue would do what the Jets did to Sanchez after the 2010 season. What was he 23 at the time when we rewarded his 2010 post season play with thugs incorporated as his WR core?

Is he any good? We don't know yet but to imply that the Jets FO and CS were not a huge part of what went wrong with Sanchez is naïve.

We've grown so accustomed to the dysfunctional Owner-FO-CS clown show that is the Jets that we fail to realize how good teams handle young QB's.

Well Drew would know how true that is. For all intents and purposes, it was a Jet that ended Drew's career. Dallas was but a Pit stop on the way out of the race he would never finish. 

Drew did take his team to a Super Bowl in 1996. That was when Parcells was talking with the Jets about becoming their HC during Super Bowl week.

There is a reason Drew "I'm a statue and will pat the ball twice before I throw it" Bledsoe doesn't have a high opinion of the Jets.

Drew did take his team to a Super Bowl in 1996. That was when Parcells was talking with the Jets about becoming their HC during Super Bowl week.

There is a reason Drew "I'm a statue and will pat the ball twice before I throw it" Bledsoe doesn't have a high opinion of the Jets.

Bledsoe would been in jets ring Of honor or whatever they call it had he come here with parcels

Archived