BEAT THE APE!!! (1-week fantasy league)

Integrity28

Have you been harboring Ape-hate, letting it eat away at your soul, because I called you stupid 3 years ago? Or maybe you are simply a well-adjusted fatty who likes to relive his glory via fantasy sports.

king-kong-roar-o.gif

Either way... now is your chance to shame me and take my lunch money!

PM me if you want in on a 1-week Fanduel league with a $2 buy-in, and I'll send you the link. I'm experimenting with the format, so I'm keeping the buy-in low, this is just for fun and bragging rights. Also, I want to make sure only JN members join, because there are only 15 spots, hence PM.

@ MODS: can we just leave this on the main forum? I know we run the risk of bumping a "fire rex" or "fire idzik" thread from the main page, but it sure would help fill the league faster and will maybe give us a place to trash talk, or about the rest of the league, without it devolving into the usual. 

Thanks, either way.  :)

Have you been harboring Ape-hate, letting it eat away at your soul, because I called you stupid 3 years ago? Or maybe you are simply a well-adjusted fatty who likes to relive his glory via fantasy sports.

king-kong-roar-o.gif

Either way... now is your chance to shame me and take my lunch money!

PM me if you want in on a 1-week Fanduel league with a $2 buy-in, and I'll send you the link. I'm experimenting with the format, so I'm keeping the buy-in low, this is just for fun and bragging rights. Also, I want to make sure only JN members join, because there are only 15 spots, hence PM.

We have a JN league that I will post tomorrow.

I know my sh*t with the NFL but I started to do 50/50's since I did the fanduel survival league week 1 and I'm still going(2 weeks from Vegas!). I know dick about the NBA but I started doing them also and I'm at over 80% I suggest anyone with any knowledge of basketball trys it. Football is competitive, basketball is a joke. I'm thinking.about writing an algorithm but I'm lazy.

I know my sh*t with the NFL but I started to do 50/50's since I did the fanduel survival league week 1 and I'm still going(2 weeks from Vegas!). I know dick about the NBA but I started doing them also and I'm at over 80% I suggest anyone with any knowledge of basketball trys it. Football is competitive, basketball is a joke. I'm thinking.about writing an algorithm but I'm lazy.

Interesting... I'll have to give hoops a try.

I've tinkered since last year with Fanduel, mostly in the tourney style games. I've come to learn that there is a tremendous amount of chance involved. In order to win a tourney, you've got to drop 170+ points usually, which means you have to jackpot with about 8/10 of your lineup. Winning head-to-head or 50/50 leagues seems like better odds, and doesn't require you to roster a "lotto ticket" player at every roster spot to win... it is more of a slow and steady pace, but seems much likelier to produce sustained wins.

I would like to beat you with a stick.  This has to be a side effect of no more mafia at JN. 

Put together a 12 player game, simple setup, with the guys that played back when I first started (no offense to the newer recruits we've added over the years) and I'm in. 

Interesting... I'll have to give hoops a try.

I've tinkered since last year with Fanduel, mostly in the tourney style games. I've come to learn that there is a tremendous amount of chance involved. In order to win a tourney, you've got to drop 170+ points usually, which means you have to jackpot with about 8/10 of your lineup. Winning head-to-head or 50/50 leagues seems like better odds, and doesn't require you to roster a "lotto ticket" player at every roster spot to win... it is more of a slow and steady pace, but seems much likelier to produce sustained wins.

Honestly I did a 1$ heads up the first day of the season cause I was bored. I got smoked cause I took players I liked(Knicks haha). I saw the other guys lineup and all you gotta do for 50/50's is take fill in's for starters in your cheap slots. I had Sloan and Copeland for Pacers last night and they killed it at no cost. I also had Monroe against the Knicks in the most pathetic game of the season

Archived