Michael Kay: Rex and Idzik fired Monday

IPBanBadPosters

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I don't hate Idzik, I would be okay with this as long as Rex is gone too. I like Idzik, I'm probably a little biased because I work with numbers and respect how he manages the cap and salaries, but I'm done with the fat guy and I'm ready to win.

agree 100%.  wouldn't mind seeing Idzik get a chance with his own coach, but he has botched year 2 so bad that if things go slightly rough at the beginning of next year he will be a lame duck.

What quality coach wants to sign with a GM in his position?

That being said, if Rex and Idzik go Monday who the hell is in charge???? Seriously. There's a big chunk of games left. I have seen coaches fired mid season but the coach and GM?

Can you imagine if Woody pulls Parcells out of his ass as team president and he begins the search for the GM and HC next week????

This would also be a great F You to these billboard morons. I'd fire him the day before it gets put up if I'm Woody just to be a dick LOL

agree 100%.  wouldn't mind seeing Idzik get a chance with his own coach, but he has botched year 2 so bad that if things go slightly rough at the beginning of next year he will be a lame duck.

What quality coach wants to sign with a GM in his position?

That being said, if Rex and Idzik go Monday who the hell is in charge???? Seriously. There's a big chunk of games left. I have seen coaches fired mid season but the coach and GM?

Can you imagine if Woody pulls Parcells out of his ass as team president and he begins the search for the GM and HC next week????

This would also be a great F You to these billboard morons. I'd fire him the day before it gets put up if I'm Woody just to be a dick LOL

Carolina fired their GM mid-season back in 2012. As to who'd be in charge, I'd make Graves the interim GM and Mornhinweg the interim HC to finish out the season, then on Black Monday fire the entire front office/scouting department and coaching staff.

I just hope there's legitimacy to this rumor, because now I have my hopes up.

As much as I don't hate Idzik, I would be okay with this as long as Rex is gone too. I like Idzik, I'm probably a little biased because I work with numbers and respect how he manages the cap and salaries, but I'm done with the fat guy and I'm ready to win.

We both could have done what Idzik did clearing the cap for minimum wage. Plus I now know I could have literally drafted better and it's not close. I'm better than Idzik and I'm a lush.

Saw this posted on a few other Jets forums and apparently Kay said on his show today that he's heard rumblings to this effect. I'm assuming he meant if/after we lose to the Steelers. I couldn't find an audio link but was wondering if anyone here heard this today?

i heard it driving home from work, he made it sound like it was a done deal, then he started going on and on and on about how poor poor Rex's career was ruined by Idzik and I shut it off, I can't anymore I was talking to myself out loud like a crazy person.. I have enough stress at work without wanting to punch Michael Kayes face in while sitting in traffic

This is a terrible idea if Jim Harbaugh really will be gone at the end of next year and free to hire. So the jets hire a new GM and HC in week 12 for 5 weeks?

no the jets let internal guys finish it up then fire everyone and start fresh.

no the jets let internal guys finish it up then fire everyone and start fresh.

And rip us off of seven weeks watching those two clowns get what they deserve? No way.

I'm looking forward to the Rich Kotite interviews, seeing Frank Reich and Adrien Murrell popping the champagne down in Miami, Bubby Brister bobblehead night, Johnny Mitchell getting added to the Ring Of Honor.

Firing them now kills two months of entertainment. Not fair.

SAR I

Carolina fired their GM mid-season back in 2012. As to who'd be in charge, I'd make Graves the interim GM and Mornhinweg the interim HC to finish out the season, then on Black Monday fire the entire front office/scouting department and coaching staff.

I just hope there's legitimacy to this rumor, because now I have my hopes up.

There's nothing really to gain by firing Rex & Idzik during the season. It would also be very out of character for Woody to make that move. I think there's a real downside, too, as since Woody's been here, he's always kept people from the previous staff as he shuffled people out - and that's a big part of the problem with the Jets. Allowing Graves and Morhinweg to serve in interim roles may persuade Woody to keep them on next year rather than do the housecleaning many of us are looking for.

And you can't fire the whole front office and coaching staff. The next GM will probably be forced to rely on the scouting department in place for his first draft - he can install his own people immediately after that. And the next coach may want to keep some of the coaches you have under contract - like Dunbar, for instance. So you let the new head coach pick and choose who he wants to keep, and he can fire the rest.

i heard it driving home from work, he made it sound like it was a done deal,

He's full of crap. I flipped to that station for 5 minutes in the car last night. They were going to break, and for about a minute he was saying stuff like, "Kobe... to the Knicks? Wow. Wow, Don. Can you believe it? Kobe to the Knicks. Amazing."

And rip us off of seven weeks watching those two clowns get what they deserve? No way.

I'm looking forward to the Rich Kotite interviews, seeing Frank Reich and Adrien Murrell popping the champagne down in Miami, Bubby Brister bobblehead night, Johnny Mitchell getting added to the Ring Of Honor.

Firing them now kills two months of entertainment. Not fair.

SAR I

You can be very funny sometimes. One of your best pieces of work.

Idzik is ok with the numbers.  Maybe they can find someone to evaluate talent.... and get us real players in the draft.  Its so embarrassing that Mark Sanchez is doing

well after Rex ruined him in year 3 and 4 when he was our QB.    I hope he wins the Super Bowl.

....anybody have any clue who Woody will hire as HC. ??

Instead of listening to those two dopes, I have a couple of the neighborhood kids club me unconscious with stickball bats during their air time.

lol, do kids these days even know what stickball is?

I just said "kids these days". sh*t. I'm old now?

lol, do kids these days even know what stickball is?

I just said "kids these days". sh*t. I'm old now?

lol  I'm showing my age.  And I'm talking about the stickball where you pitched to a wall with a strike zone painted on it.  Street stickball even predates me if that's even possible.

The only reason it would make sense to fire either mid season is if there is a unsigned GM available , and you wanted to get him familiar with the team to decide who to keep, and who to fire at the end of the season.

Who are the midseason replacements.  Marty, and Bradway?   :blush:  

lol  I'm showing my age.  And I'm talking about the stickball where you pitched to a wall with a strike zone painted on it.  Street stickball even predates me if that's even possible.

I think it was more of a neighborhood thing.  There are still strike zones painted on the schools in my neighborhood.  Stoop ball is the one that seems completely gone. 

Archived