The Nets Thread Where Tom Talks to Himself

T0mShane

• 1 month later...

Hey Tom. LTNS. Sup?

Woj thinks there will end up being a market for Joe Johnson this offseason into mid season even with the contract.

Nets are working out all sorts of CBA-level talent for their draft slot, but King's singular ability is finding diamonds in the rough.

Nets might be players for Lou Williams.

Brook Lopez is working out at the facility, which means he knows they're going to pay him, which makes me sick.

Hey Tom. LTNS. Sup?

Woj thinks there will end up being a market for Joe Johnson this offseason into mid season even with the contract.

Nets are working out all sorts of CBA-level talent for their draft slot, but King's singular ability is finding diamonds in the rough.

Nets might be players for Lou Williams.

Brook Lopez is working out at the facility, which means he knows they're going to pay him, which makes me sick.

Lopez is so overrated. That would be a dumb move

I laughed when I saw that both the Knicks and Nets were 100/1 to win the title next year. Seems like only yesterday when we thought we were close to contending.

Dude, that was only 2 seasons ago.  It's ridiculous how quickly the Knicks, especially, fell off the cliff.

• Upvote 1

Everything the Nets did last night was confusing and they're either going to make a big move in the next two weeks or they're just at the point where they're just throwing five dudes on the court and crossing their fingers.

Nets don't have a 1st round pick next year as well, correct?

I think they're focusing on bringing back Brooks.

Nets don't have a 1st round pick next year as well, correct?

I think they're focusing on bringing back Brooks.

Next year's pick is unprotected and goes to Boston for Pierce and Garnett, so 2015-16 is all about squeaking into the playoffs to avoid further humiliation. I'm assuming they'll bring Lopez back, but it's going to take close to the max to do it, and that sucks because he's not worth it. At all.

Next year's pick is unprotected and goes to Boston for Pierce and Garnett, so 2015-16 is all about squeaking into the playoffs to avoid further humiliation. I'm assuming they'll bring Lopez back, but it's going to take close to the max to do it, and that sucks because he's not worth it. At all.

Fortunately the cap goes way up the following next year so a big contract to Brooks wouldnt be killer

Nets working hard to dump Joe Johnson, who is the only guy they have that can score from the perimeter. I hate the joe contract, but he's a useful player who will get more valuable as the year goes on. Expiring deal and whatnot

If they get a team to take a 24 million contract he gets GM of the year right there

Nets working hard to dump Joe Johnson, who is the only guy they have that can score from the perimeter. I hate the joe contract, but he's a useful player who will get more valuable as the year goes on. Expiring deal and whatnot

Swap JJ for Melo

Getting World's Dumbest Stanford Alum Brook Lopez for 3/$60m is ok considering the Magic just offered Paul Milsap 4/$80m. No chance Lopez stays healthy enough to cash in on the new cap in two years, so he essentially just undersold his dopey ass to Brooklyn.

I like Thad Young more than most, so giving him 4/$50 doesn't bug me.

If Billy King finds a way to move DWill for anything approaching a solid player or two, I'll forgive him for 37% of the mess he's made of the organization.

Nets just signed Shane Larkin for some reason, and traded for Steve Blake on draft night. I'm thinking they have some team on the hook for DWill, which would be fine with me. The Mavericks were supposedly hot for him before last season, iirc.

The Cleveland Cavaliers are considering trading for Brooklyn Nets star Joe Johnson with their Brendan Haywood contract chip, sources told ESPN.com.

Thank God for LeBron. The deal would likely be Johnson for Brendan Haywood's voidable $10 mil, and Anderson Varejao, who will be stapled to the bench until Lopez collapses three weeks into the season. Nets are going to set a record for worst three-point shooting percentage, but **** it.

Soooooo, now DWill wants to be bought out so he can sign with the Mavs. Current deal is 2/$43. If he takes half to leave, the Nets lose Williams, but gain $18 mil in cap space next year and avoid the tax this year. No-brainer, really. Even eithout Williams, the Nets can contend for the 8th seed and avoid giving the Celtics a lottery pick in 2016. Maybe they can even get Cuban to throw a thank-you gift into the mix on a separate deal.

Deron Williams, Nets discuss his release

NBA 6h

The former All-Star PG is in talks with Brooklyn about securing his release this offseason to clear the way for Williams to sign with his hometown Mavericks, league sources told ESPN's Marc Stein.

The buyout is a good deal Nets because $8 mill per in dead money is nothing with the cap explosion coming.

It wouldn't be a buyout at $43 mil. If DWill wants out, he's going to have to take half like pothead Larry Sanders did in Milwaukee. Prokhorov could care less about paying the luxury tax on Williams if he stays, so has has zero leverage.