The Nets Thread Where Tom Talks to Himself

T0mShane

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

How do you figure? Are they trading Lopez? 

Did you watch the team all year?  Or just check out after the first half of the year?   As much as you hate Brook  he played well all year.  I think they will trade him to answer your question. 

2 minutes ago, gqxluvx said:

Did you watch the team all year?  Or just check out after the first half of the year?   As much as you hate Brook  he played well all year.  I think they will trade him to answer your question. 

I've watched Lopez his entire career. He puts the ball in the hole and does literally nothing else. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I've watched Lopez his entire career. He puts the ball in the hole and does literally nothing else. 

Lopez is flawed, but dont get the hate.  He has always kept his mouth shut, played hard and never had any off the court drama.  They still will probably try to trade him.  I was talking more about the promise of the rest of the team, but they organization and team is headed in the right direction.

• 2 months later...

Hi Tom. Your team finally dumped Brook Lopez, who was the locus of every lost season you've witnessed since he came into the league. I'll miss those occasional 24 point/4 rebound games he used to put up, but I won't miss the opponents running a nightly dunk contest on Brook when he was on the floor dreaming of the next Guardians of the Galaxy graphic novel. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hi Tom. Your team finally dumped Brook Lopez, who was the locus of every lost season you've witnessed since he came into the league. I'll miss those occasional 24 point/4 rebound games he used to put up, but I won't miss the opponents running a nightly dunk contest on Brook when he was on the floor dreaming of the next Guardians of the Galaxy graphic novel. 

Deangelo Russell. barf

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Lopez was a victim of the nba rules changes making traditional big men less relevant

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Nets draft this player every year.

Overall I thought your nets did well.  Got rid of Lopez's contract and got D'Angelo Russell who I still think will develop into a very good PG

The Garnett trade will take another 5 years minimum to dig out from

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Love how the Nets were able to hit the reset button and wind up with a core of Otto (if Washington doesn't match the offer) and Deangelo.  They are going to be relevant before the Knicks.

Washington has said they'd match any offer made to Porter.  Either way it was a good move, to force the Wizards to call their bluff or let him go. 

So we're taking on DeMarre Carroll's sh*t contract in exchange for a protected Raptor's first rounder. I believe next year's one goes to Boston, but we get their first back in a swap situation. 

i don't think KCP is worth anything because he can't shoot and if we've seen one thing developing in the NBA over the past decade, it's that you can't win if your guards and your 3 can't shoot from distance.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JoeC36 said:

bring back kendall Gill

Was just thinking about Kendall Gill the other day. They did a Cribs-type thing at his house and he had all kinds of gay stuff in it, including a life-sized wrestling doll that he'd roll around on the floor with.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gqxluvx said:

Nets trade Andrew Nicholson to Portland for Allen Crabbe.

Cool, sure, but now they have a bunch of 6'5-6'7 wings (most of whom can't shoot) and DeAngelo Williams. It's a team that's begging for one really good scorer, but with no means to get one. 

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Cool, sure, but now they have a bunch of 6'5-6'7 wings (most of whom can't shoot) and DeAngelo Williams. It's a team that's begging for one really good scorer, but with no means to get one. 

Besides RHJ who can't shoot?  Russell, Levert, Lin, Crabbe, Caroll all can shoot.  I get it, by default you have to hate everything but your act is old.  Deangelo Williams is a wrestler.

1 hour ago, gqxluvx said:

Besides RHJ who can't shoot?  Russell, Levert, Lin, Crabbe, Caroll all can shoot.  I get it, by default you have to hate everything but your act is old.  Deangelo Williams is a wrestler.

It turns out that spending the better part of a decade trying to build around Brook Lopez was a huge mistake. Where is the "hate" in pointing that out? I give Marks a lot of credit--he inherited a train wreck and is doing his best. He's putting together a bunch of athletic wings while waiting for a big player to appear in Brooklyn when they get their lottery picks back in 2019. Until then, woof. 

On 7/26/2017 at 10:10 AM, T0mShane said:

It turns out that spending the better part of a decade trying to build around Brook Lopez was a huge mistake. Where is the "hate" in pointing that out? I give Marks a lot of credit--he inherited a train wreck and is doing his best. He's putting together a bunch of athletic wings while waiting for a big player to appear in Brooklyn when they get their lottery picks back in 2019. Until then, woof. 

I specifically responded to your comment above, which was completely false. 

• 2 months later...

I know there arent many Nets fans on this board, but they have been really fun to watch so far this year.  Russell is really smooth on offense but like the entire team Defense needs a lot of work.  Trending in the right direction considering they do not have many assets.  Levert, RHJ also look much improved.  Russell sprained his knee last night might be out a few.

• Sympathy 1