Jets got big decisions to make aside from gm, coaches, and QB

SickJetFan

*notables on defense

David Harris

Kyle Wilson

Kenrick Ellis - (what kind of name is Kenrick anyway - doesnt even pass spell check)

Damon Harrison

Dawan Landry

Jaiquawn Jarrett

Phillip Adams

Nick Bellore

Leger Douzable

*notables on offense

Michael Vick

Bilal Powell

Willie Colon

Greg Salas

TJ Graham

The all popular Matt Simms

yeah yeah Idziot created room in cap war chest etc. etc...

He also created a circus.

thing is how do you convince any of them to stay - (any you may like that is) if they get another offer from another team they may jump sideways or even take a pay cut just to leave.  Forget about signing anyone good in FA unless you overpay.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well they are when every other team in NFL picks them and even 80% of the mock drafts pick the right guys.

harvin is worth infinitely more than a 4th round draft pick. if he is gone it will be about the money not the stupid 4th round pick

harvin is playing for a contract right now - once he secures his loot he will become another Holmes

harvin is under contract until 2018 i believe.  he's got no leverage.  the jets are going to restructure him, give him some more guaranteed and he'll stay.

harvin is under contract until 2018 i believe.  he's got no leverage.  the jets are going to restructure him, give him some more guaranteed and he'll stay.

Harvin has leverage. His contract, his talent, and the conditional pick the Jets owe for him. The Jets -presumably- don't want to pay that contract going forward. If Harvin doesn't like what they're offering, he can refuse any lowball offers, and tell them to cut him if they're not going to pay him. With the conditional pick hanging out there, the Jets have to get a deal done before they have to hand over that fourth rounder - so Harvin knows that if they balk, he'll hit free agency early enough to get paid.

It would be a gamble if Harvin asks for his release, though. Given his baggage, his market value might be lower than he thinks.

Harvin has leverage. His contract, his talent, and the conditional pick the Jets owe for him. The Jets -presumably- don't want to pay that contract going forward. If Harvin doesn't like what they're offering, he can refuse any lowball offers, and tell them to cut him if they're not going to pay him. With the conditional pick hanging out there, the Jets have to get a deal done before they have to hand over that fourth rounder - so Harvin knows that if they balk, he'll hit free agency early enough to get paid.

It would be a gamble if Harvin asks for his release, though. Given his baggage, his market value might be lower than he thinks.

I thought it was a 4th if we kept him, and a 6th if Cut?

uhm actually he has all the leverage if he plays well for rest of season - he does not have to restructure and the Jets would be dumb to pay 10+.  If he refuses restructure the Jets will have to cut him and he would then move onto greener pasture.

I thought it was a 4th if we kept him, and a 6th if Cut?

It is, that's why the team will need to have a new deal in place before they hand over that fourth rounder. I mean, if Idzik's still in charge, we're only talking about the difference between Saunders/Evans and Enunwa, but still, around the rest of the league, fourth rounders are still considered pretty valuable.

Aside from Harrison I don't see one guy on there that Idzik isn't going to happily take a comp pick for. Though I would like to see Powell get extended. Good RB without any mileage on him, I think he has some good years ahead.

That list contains 4-5 defense starters and 2-3 prime backups that just beat Pitts.

They may get 1 or 2 out of next year draft

Aside from Harrison I don't see one guy on there that Idzik isn't going to happily take a comp pick for. Though I would like to see Powell get extended. Good RB without any mileage on him, I think he has some good years ahead.

I think they have to give Jarrett the start the rest of the season, maybe getting Pryor some reps at Landry's spot, and see what you have there. Douzable should be a keeper, unless someone gives him a real comp pick potential offer.

The big one is Vick. Do they look to keep him as their veteran QB, or do you let someone else pick him up for that potential pick? Mornhinweg will probably go the way of Rex, which will certainly figure into the equation. And also, with so much money to spend and a requirement to spend it, they might find themselves out of the running for comp picks, anyway.

please explain how he "created a circus. " - No - go read one of the many "FOR" or "AGAINST" Idziot threads or news stories and believe what you will

Can we go back to Jan of 2013 when he took over? Not unless you have Uncle Rico's Time Machine

What was the state of the NY Jets then? I believe the team was a OL, WR, and 3rd Rd Back away from a good playoff team - with or w/o revis staying.

Isn't cap money spread out over multiple years?

I don't think the Jets will be forced to spend it all next year.

They're two years into a four year window. If they don't start spending it next year, they'll have a lot of catching up to do in the final year - which would also have them on the high side when they start the next four year cycle.

They really need to spend some soon. Mo Wilk should help them out a little in that regard.

They're two years into a four year window. If they don't start spending it next year, they'll have a lot of catching up to do in the final year - which would also have them on the high side when they start the next four year cycle.

They really need to spend some soon. Mo Wilk should help them out a little in that regard.

Thanks for the explanation.

Jets gotta resign Mo, the guy is a monster.

What 3 players were the Jets away from being a playoff team?

I never said 3 players.  I laid out 3 positions that needed upgrade

for ex

in 2012 we had Slauson and Moore as guards - both JAGS in my opinion - we needed to upgrade the OL so Sanchez has more than 2 seconds to take a sh*t

in 2012 we started off with Gates, Hill, Holmes, Kerley, Schilens, and turner after injuries and whatev we ended with Edwards, gates, Kerley, Schilens, White

Clearly after the 2012 season we needed WRs and a few of them

in 2012 we finished the year with Greene, Griffin, Hilliard, McKnight, and Powell

Clearly no one who scared anyone coming out of the backfield for a 3rd down pass

harvin is worth infinitely more than a 4th round draft pick. if he is gone it will be about the money not the stupid 4th round pick

This is right...If they don't sign Harvin this was a colossal mistake by the Jets.  By far the worst move the GM has made.  As bad a move as I've seen any GM make.

But it's about the money, not the pick...

*notables on defense

David Harris

Kyle Wilson

Kenrick Ellis - (what kind of name is Kenrick anyway - doesnt even pass spell check)

Damon Harrison

Dawan Landry

Jaiquawn Jarrett

Phillip Adams

Nick Bellore

Leger Douzable

*notables on offense

Michael Vick

Bilal Powell

Willie Colon

Greg Salas

TJ Graham

The all popular Matt Simms

yeah yeah Idziot created room in cap war chest etc. etc...

He also created a circus.

thing is how do you convince any of them to stay - (any you may like that is) if they get another offer from another team they may jump sideways or even take a pay cut just to leave.  Forget about signing anyone good in FA unless you overpay.

The only one of those that I would make it a high priority to bring back would be Snacks. Wilson, Landry, Bellore, Salas, Douzable, Vick and Colon can go test the market as far as I'm concerned. Guys I would like to see back for a reasonable contract would be Jarrett, Adams, Simms, Graham, Powell and Ellis - but only if they can get them for a hometown discount. Harris is a tough call unless he is willing to take far less than what he is getting now. I'd also like to see them rework Harvin and keep him around.

Archived