Jets got big decisions to make aside from gm, coaches, and QB

SickJetFan

*notables on defense

David Harris

Kyle Wilson

Kenrick Ellis - (what kind of name is Kenrick anyway - doesnt even pass spell check)

Damon Harrison

Dawan Landry

Jaiquawn Jarrett

Phillip Adams

Nick Bellore

Leger Douzable

*notables on offense

Michael Vick

Bilal Powell

Willie Colon

Greg Salas

TJ Graham

The all popular Matt Simms

yeah yeah Idziot created room in cap war chest etc. etc...

He also created a circus.

thing is how do you convince any of them to stay - (any you may like that is) if they get another offer from another team they may jump sideways or even take a pay cut just to leave.  Forget about signing anyone good in FA unless you overpay.

if we loose nick belore i swear to god  :wild:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only one of those that I would make it a high priority to bring back would be Snacks. Wilson, Landry, Bellore, Salas, Douzable, Vick and Colon can go test the market as far as I'm concerned. Guys I would like to see back for a reasonable contract would be Jarrett, Adams, Simms, Graham, Powell and Ellis - but only if they can get them for a hometown discount. Harris is a tough call unless he is willing to take far less than what he is getting now. I'd also like to see them rework Harvin and keep him around.

regardless if the list has really good players or really bad ones.  The list contains 8 of 22 starters and 5 2nd stringers or so. 1/3 of the team.

our best drafts - or any teams for that matter can get you 3-4 starters and couple back ups if you hit home run?

regardless they have to do a lot of FA signings this off-season to just put a team on the field that is no worse than today's - let alone improve upon.

if they hire new GM\Coach\personnel\etc.. they better be working 24X7 until September and they better do it soon if they are going to do it.

Woody better open his man purse too or we are screwed as no good FA wants to play for a losing organization unless they have to (harvin).

Kenrick Ellis or Damon Harrison

Jaiquawn Jarrett (if he keeps this up)

Marcus Williams (his first two games of his career have been pretty good. I like this kid. If he continues I think we should bring him back.)

Bilal Powell

TJ Graham (doesn't really matter, he provides some pretty decent depth though)

Restructure Brick's contract

The rest, draft/FA

Kenrick Ellis or Damon Harrison

Jaiquawn Jarrett (if he keeps this up)

Marcus Williams (his first two games of his career have been pretty good. I like this kid. If he continues I think we should bring him back.)

Bilal Powell

TJ Graham (doesn't really matter, he provides some pretty decent depth though)

Restructure Brick's contract

The rest, draft/FA

Idziot is that you!

Quit playing on the computer and get back to work

Everybody already hates you!

learn how to spell prick!

I find it fascinating that any individual at any age above 12 years old finds it appropriate to MF people and call childish names on a simple sports message board.

If you are actually 12 or younger please disregard this message. But if you post opinions in this kind of forum people are going to disagree and try to engage in discussion. That's why it's a discussion board.

I asked, please explain how Idzik created a circus... Meaning things had spiraled out of control for 2 straight seasons leading up to his hiring and it was already a circus. Your response was No, go read another post.

So here's another question. Why do you post here?

I find it fascinating that any individual at any age above 12 years old finds it appropriate to MF people and call childish names on a simple sports message board.

If you are actually 12 or younger please disregard this message. But if you post opinions in this kind of forum people are going to disagree and try to engage in discussion. That's why it's a discussion board.

I asked, please explain how Idzik created a circus... Meaning things had spiraled out of control for 2 straight seasons leading up to his hiring and it was already a circus. Your response was No, go read another post.

So here's another question. Why do you post here?

If my posts hurt ur fragile little self....then don't read them...I don't read urs!

*notables on defense

David Harris

Kyle Wilson

Kenrick Ellis - (what kind of name is Kenrick anyway - doesnt even pass spell check)

Damon Harrison

Dawan Landry

Jaiquawn Jarrett

Phillip Adams

Nick Bellore

Leger Douzable

*notables on offense

Michael Vick

Bilal Powell

Willie Colon

Greg Salas

TJ Graham

The all popular Matt Simms

yeah yeah Idziot created room in cap war chest etc. etc...

He also created a circus.

thing is how do you convince any of them to stay - (any you may like that is) if they get another offer from another team they may jump sideways or even take a pay cut just to leave.  Forget about signing anyone good in FA unless you overpay.

DAVID HARRIS IS HISTORY - SO DONE IT HURTS!!!!!!!!!!

Lol your about as funny as a funeral...your jokes are about as old as Namath.

Good luck with that!

BTW I am flattered that you read my every post!  Stick around I may educate your dumb ass!

Let's stop with the personal attacks. 

Thanks. 

David Harris - bye

Kyle Wilson - bye

Kenrick Ellis - bye

Damon Harrison - new D scheme pending

Dawan Landry - bye

Jaiquawn Jarrett - bye

Phillip Adams - maybe

Nick Bellore - bye

Leger Douzable - bye

Michael Vick - maybe

Bilal Powell - keep

Willie Colon - bye

Greg Salas - keep whether he can actually make the roster different story

TJ Graham - keep whether he can actually make the roster different story

Matt Simms - keep

David Harris - bye

Kyle Wilson - bye

Kenrick Ellis - bye

Dawan Landry - bye

Jaiquawn Jarrett - bye

Phillip Adams - maybe

Nick Bellore - bye

Leger Douzable - bye

Michael Vick - maybe

Bilal Powell - keep

Willie Colon - bye

Matt Simms - keep

And we're replacing all of these guys with whom? If past performance is any indicator of future returns, 75% of next year's draft class will either be cut, playing for other teams, on IR, or out of the league entirely. 

And we're replacing all of these guys with whom? If past performance is any indicator of future returns, 75% of next year's draft class will either be cut, playing for other teams, on IR, or out of the league entirely. 

The Jets had 19 new players on the active roster in 2009 (Rex's first year) vs. 2008 (Mangini's last). That's with the same GM and base Defense in tact. They drafted 3 players that year.

David Harris - bye

Kyle Wilson - bye

Kenrick Ellis - bye

Dawan Landry - bye

Jaiquawn Jarrett - bye

Phillip Adams - maybe

Nick Bellore - bye

Leger Douzable - bye

Michael Vick - maybe

Bilal Powell - keep

Willie Colon - bye

Matt Simms - keep

pretty much agree except i would say maybe for ellis, douzable, and jarrett

pretty much agree except i would say maybe for ellis, douzable, and jarrett

I think Douzable is a "Rex" guy and will be gone. I could see a new regime keeping one of Ellis or Harrison pending new defense. Jerrett is a total toss up. Does he continue this streak? Probably not. Is he a bench player in two weeks? If so, some team might think he's a hotter commodity and pay him a little more. Besides last week all signs point towards NFL journeyman. 

The Jets had 19 new players on the active roster in 2009 (Rex's first year) vs. 2008 (Mangini's last). That's with the same GM and base Defense in tact. They drafted 3 players that year.

Not sure that is such a great comparison as the 2009 jets had a pretty decent base to add to

Revis 

Harris 

Ellis

Pace

BT

Etc....

You gut the 2014 roster you are left with not much to build on except a DLine 

Archived