Jets got big decisions to make aside from gm, coaches, and QB

SickJetFan

It's kind of hard to judge this roster for two reasons.

1) regardless of who's fault, we have no idea if the best players are even playing.

2) Jets football - which is just another term for "we don't care what a player does well, we run the 46 and offense doesn't matter."

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure that is such a great comparison as the 2009 jets had a pretty decent base to add to

Revis 

Harris 

Ellis

Pace

BT

Etc....

You gut the 2014 roster you are left with not much to build on except a DLine 

How is it not at least a decent comparison? It's the last time a new coach was hired with the same GM, base D and only 3 draft picks.  You just noted 5 players to the core. Ok, and they'd still have this group as their base in 2015...

Wilkerson

Richardson

Davis

Coples

Ivory

Decker

Amaro

Kerely

etc...

....besides Revis, the talent doesn't really scream out that much better or worst between 2009 and 2015. imo

It's kind of hard to judge this roster for two reasons.

1) regardless of who's fault, we have no idea if the best players are even playing.

2) Jets football - which is just another term for "we don't care what a player does well, we run the 46 and offense doesn't matter."

That wasn't even my intent fwiw. I was just responding to the post that questioned where this team could get all these players from if a total of 8-9 players were missing from this year's roster. Was pointing out, it's not that absurd. 

How is it not at least a decent comparison? It's the last time a new coach was hired with the same GM, base D and only 3 draft picks.  You just noted 5 players to the core. Ok, and they'd still have this group as their base in 2015...

Wilkerson

Richardson

Davis

Coples

Ivory

Decker

Amaro

Kerely

etc...

....besides Revis, the talent doesn't really scream out that much better or worst between 2009 and 2015. imo

Well I hope so...depends on who is constructing this new team!

Well I hope so...depends on who is constructing this new team!

Honestly I wish I had the time and patience to research it but I'd bet the over that, on average, at least 10 new players are added to an annual roster with a new (regime) GM and HC in place. My guess is the average would be around 15...

I've been down on K Wilson for 4 years but he's actually been a pleasant surprise this season.   I'm not sure if it's a case of "less bad" or if he's actually settled into the nickel role but for the right price I hope the Jets keep him around.

I respectfully disagree. I'm not sure in 4 years I've ever seen him make a play. Is there any specific games where you saw him standout? I have totally written him off.. after his 2nd season.

Lol whatever little dude just go away and ignore my posts.  I will show u same curtosy!

I don't want you to ignore them, just engage in normal conversation. Don't get pissed and start attacking. I read this stuff because sometimes people who I disagree with change my opinions.

I was Idziks #1 supporter until that ridiculous press conference a few weeks ago. All of the voices on here finally convinced me he's way over his head.

Honestly I wish I had the time and patience to research it but I'd bet the over that, on average, at least 10 new players are added to an annual roster with a new (regime) GM and HC in place. My guess is the average would be around 15...

I don't doubt there will be huge turnover.  In fact it was the premise of the thread!

The great thing is that we are not handcuffed to any player in this roster. We can cut, keep or trade anyone we want without heavy penalties to our cap. And the way most of our contracts are structured, if a new regime comes in and switches to a 4-3 for example, we can move guys who don't fit the system .... If they want.

I know that this franchise is a major circus and everyone thinks any elite candidates will avoid us like the plague. But considering that we may have a top 3 pick in every round and 50-60 million in cap room... This is a pretty amazing situation to build a team from scratch.

The great thing is that we are not handcuffed to any player in this roster. We can cut, keep or trade anyone we want without heavy penalties to our cap. And the way most of our contracts are structured, if a new regime comes in and switches to a 4-3 for example, we can move guys who don't fit the system .... If they want.

I know that this franchise is a major circus and everyone thinks any elite candidates will avoid us like the plague. But considering that we may have a top 3 pick in every round and 50-60 million in cap room... This is a pretty amazing situation to build a team from scratch.

I agree with this

That wasn't even my intent fwiw. I was just responding to the post that questioned where this team could get all these players from if a total of 8-9 players were missing from this year's roster. Was pointing out, it's not that absurd.

I agree with you fwiw. Just saying how hard this roster is to judge because of what I had listed as reasons.

I agree. Even if the Jets wind up with a later pick than 3, the roster flexibility is pretty amazing by itself.

I don't want you to ignore them, just engage in normal conversation. Don't get pissed and start attacking. I read this stuff because sometimes people who I disagree with change my opinions.

I was Idziks #1 supporter until that ridiculous press conference a few weeks ago. All of the voices on here finally convinced me he's way over his head.

Sure...BTW I don't get mad here.  I post for fun...if it made me mad I would not be here.

I save that anger for the wife and kids after a few beers...amirightt!

Who is ur replacement?  I like that kid in UCLA Kendricks but that will take at least a 2nd rounder....not sure we can afford that with rest of the holes we have..maybe a fa?

DAVID HARRIS IS SLOW AND HAS BEEN FOR 4 YEARS. He is one of the highest paid LB in the NFL.

Any 2nd or 3rd rounder drafter by our Next GM will work.

I respectfully disagree. I'm not sure in 4 years I've ever seen him make a play. Is there any specific games where you saw him standout? I have totally written him off.. after his 2nd season.

no, he hasn't really made many plays he just hasn't been lit up like a x-mas tree the way he has in years past. 

I don't think a ten player turnover is a lot without a regime change. Usually you're changing head coaches and GMs because the team performed poorly the year before, so a big turnover is to be expected. 

Jaiquawn, Dawan, Bilal, D'Brickashaw.......Shonn and Laverneous get thru alright? lol

lol true

Someone once told me the name Anferney happened by circumstance

Woman in hospital giving birth does not know how to read or write

She gives birth and they ask her what do you want to name him

"Anferney" she says - they wrote it down verbatim

Apparently the woman was missing her 2 front teeth.

Kyle Wilson, Dawan Landry, Willie Colon, and Salas can all go and there would be minimal impact, because that is the kind they have made - minimal. I would keep Harris, Adams looks pretty good - better than Milliner was - Bellore is good on special teams, Harrison is solid. Douzable is ok, and Jarrett had the game of his life last week and I hope he can build on that. . Landry has to go so Pryor has a place to land. He is a strong safety with no coverage skills so Jarrett moves to free safety. I would keep Vick as a backup/ spot starter.

Kyle Wilson, Dawan Landry, Willie Colon, and Salas can all go and there would be minimal impact, because that is the kind they have made - minimal. I would keep Harris, Adams looks pretty good - better than Milliner was - Bellore is good on special teams, Harrison is solid. Douzable is ok, and Jarrett had the game of his life last week and I hope he can build on that. . Landry has to go so Pryor has a place to land. He is a strong safety with no coverage skills so Jarrett moves to free safety. I would keep Vick as a backup/ spot starter.

Im not sold pryor will play better because he will move to SS

This is a passing league - just because a SS starts off closer to line of scrimmage does not mean he wont have to cover WR, RB, TE and from what I have seen - he is getting beat bad in red zone which already has a short length of field

Hopefully he can develop  - if Landry goes maybe it will be Allan and Jarrett

Fire Idzick!

The Jets had 19 new players on the active roster in 2009 (Rex's first year) vs. 2008 (Mangini's last). That's with the same GM and base Defense in tact. They drafted 3 players that year.

That's interesting because I always here about how Rex won with Mangini's team.

Archived