Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

What's it called when it's a game like I think, call of duty? Where you don't see yourself, you see in front of you? Most shooter games are like that. The controls or more movement of your head and torso or aiming your gun. I HATE THOSE GAMES. They make me nauseous. And it's so hard to control. Too much movement. What those type of games called again? I want a super scary game without that type of BS.

First Person Shooters

Hess, try The Last of Us. It's not crazy scary, but it's an excellent story with zombies and whatnot

I wish there was something really scary though. Anything sorta haunted house themed? I wish I can remember one we use to play like 10-12 years ago. 

You go into the house to take pictures of ghosts or something and solve murders. Theme isn't overly scary, yes, but it was done really well because is was really dark, had good background music/noise and you never really knew where they were. 

You could suspend disbelief for a bit and it was fun. 

I'll try renting this one though. I haven't played in a long time but we have the consoles...

I wish there was something really scary though. Anything sorta haunted house themed? I wish I can remember one we use to play like 10-12 years ago. 

You go into the house to take pictures of ghosts or something and solve murders. Theme isn't overly scary, yes, but it was done really well because is was really dark, had good background music/noise and you never really knew where they were. 

You could suspend disbelief for a bit and it was fun. 

That kind of sounds like Fatal Frame. You explore houses in this village to find the ghosts and kill them by taking pictures of them--the only part that's first person is when you're in the camera view.

Alone in the Dark and Silent Hill aren't first-person. Halo is first-person; Dead Space is over-the-shoulder like the recent Resident Evils if I remember right.

Alan Wake is a pretty decent one, too, come to think of it. It's a third-person game.

• Upvote 1

That kind of sounds like Fatal Frame. You explore houses in this village to find the ghosts and kill them by taking pictures of them--the only part that's first person is when you're in the camera view.

Alone in the Dark and Silent Hill aren't first-person. Halo is first-person; Dead Space is over-the-shoulder like the recent Resident Evils if I remember right.

Alan Wake is a pretty decent one, too, come to think of it. It's a third-person game.

YES! Fatal Frame!!! Great call bomb. I enjoyed that game.

thanks for the info!!!

Ask 10 different people, you'll probably get 10 different answers.

Like hooked said some of the Resident Evil and Silent Hill games are pretty damn creepy. Also you'll hear a lot of people say Dead Space or Alone in the Dark.

For me it's Fatal Frame on the PS2. I played it at night when I lived alone and certain parts scared the hell out of me. On top of that it was a really fun and engaging game. They've made a few sequels and spin-offs, too.

Fatal_Frame_III_camera_gameplay.jpg

I just realized you called out Fatal Frame already. My bad. It just didn't register at first. Great game imo. 

I just realized you called out Fatal Frame already. My bad. It just didn't register at first. Great game imo. 

All this talk about Fatal Frame has me scouring Ebay for the original one so I can play it again. Complete copies are selling in the 20-30 dollar range, which is really high for a PS2 game. Worth it, though.

I have a PS4 and it's great tbqh. I play mostly sports games, MLB The Show is a MUST for me. I still get Madden every year even though my love for it is starting to fade. Right now I'm pretty much playing NBA 2k15, it's pretty good with great graphics. Some other games I have that are not sports oriented are injustice gods among us, Rayman, battlefield 4 and call of duty ghosts. I used to play cod almost exclusively but I haven't had the desire to play in years. I got ghosts last year as a Christmas gift and played it maybe once.

I've tried Resident Evil (like 5 or 6 or something) and it was first person shooter type and I hated it. Super cool set up and story line but the actual "playing" made me nauseous. 

Are any of the Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Dead Space, Alone in the Dark or Halo games NON-first person shooter??

Resident Evil 1 & 2 aren't first person, and they will probably make you crap your pants. Same goes for Silent Hill 1-3.

The Last Of Us is totally worth is as tom shane said. I'm replaying it now as we speak. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone picking up these new titles? Goddamn from last year at this time it was a famine, now there are too many games at once

GTAV

Far Cry4

Dragon's Age: Inquisition

I've been determined to sink time into Destiny but frankly it's becoming too much of a grind. The Vault Of Glass raid is a major pain in the ass if you don't have good weapons or gear. I've been stuck at level 27 for weeks now.

Anyway here's some cheat codes for GTAV on PS4/XB1:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-5-PS4-Xbox-One-Cheat-Codes-68467.html

What's it called when it's a game like I think, call of duty? Where you don't see yourself, you see in front of you? Most shooter games are like that. The controls or more movement of your head and torso or aiming your gun. I HATE THOSE GAMES. They make me nauseous. And it's so hard to control. Too much movement. What those type of games called again? I want a super scary game without that type of BS.

I hate FPS games because they make me sick. I tried to play a few and just felt awful a few minutes into playing. I wanted to play the new Alien game, but then saw it was FPS so no way I can play it. 

I've tried Resident Evil (like 5 or 6 or something) and it was first person shooter type and I hated it. Super cool set up and story line but the actual "playing" made me nauseous. 

Are any of the Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Dead Space, Alone in the Dark or Halo games NON-first person shooter??

The first few Silent Hill and Resident Evil games are not FPS, and I love them. 

• Upvote 1

With the voice acting?

"Stop it! .... Don't...open that door!"

Yeah, it's pretty terrible I'll admit. Nothing like the time & resources put into this aspect of games today. Seriously I had to play a lot of those games during the daytime lol.

What they lacked in voice acting they made up for in game music for sure though. 

Edit: I still remember this music from RE1, still creeps me out.

First time I saw the giant spider. And then when you shot it, all the little spiders coming after you.

Still have loads of fun playing it now and then. Though the later ones (can't remember if it's RE2 or 3), when you complete it, you restart and get the unlimited heavy weapons, then it become shoot em up goodness.

Another game series I've enjoyed is American McGee's Alice. It's not exactly horror, but it's a bit creepy. 

I've played a bit of Alice:Madness Returns, and I enjoyed it but never finished it, too much of a backlog of other games I suppose. 

There may be plans for a 3rd game but I think McGee is going to see how his Alice in Otherland shorts pan out first. 

Looking forward to the remastered version next year, although it seems they've preserved the wooden voice acting...for old times sake I guess. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjxFtFwY6jk#t=81

I was kinda hoping they'd remake it, but I'll settle for this.

Speaking of remasters, I keep meaning to pick up the FFX/X-2 HD remaster. Though I'm not sure if I could face spending the hundreds of hours trying to complete every single quest like I did in the original. Beating Penance took almost two hours going flat out.

I've played a bit of Alice:Madness Returns, and I enjoyed it but never finished it, too much of a backlog of other games I suppose. 

There may be plans for a 3rd game but I think McGee is going to see how his Alice in Otherland shorts pan out first. 

Otherland looks interesting. I followed the kickstarter to see if it was getting funded or not. 

Does anyone have the following titles yet? What are your thoughts on them?

Far Cry4

Dragons Age:Inquisition

Also **** you to game companies for releasing all of these games at once, including the next-gen GTAV

Only a few hours in but dragon age inquisition is pretty fun and is gorgeous. Good judge would be if you ever liked or enjoyed dragon age origins or skyrim it'd be a safe bet you'd like this one. The game is just massive in scale. Haven't tried multiplayer yet though. Playing on pc not on console fwiw.

• Upvote 1

Ah, need to check it out then. Thanks, waiting on game fly for  Shadow of Mordor currently. 

Cool - I've actually been playing that on and off - I don't want to get to attached to it since I borrowed it from my library, of all places, lol. I have to bring it back next week, they dont let you extend renewals if someone else is waiting for it. That game has been a lot of fun so far, I think you'll like it. All I will say is that riding Caragors is loads of fun. 

Only a few hours in but dragon age inquisition is pretty fun and is gorgeous. Good judge would be if you ever liked or enjoyed dragon age origins or skyrim it'd be a safe bet you'd like this one. The game is just massive in scale. Haven't tried multiplayer yet though. Playing on pc not on console fwiw.

I'm not a big RPG guy, but I did sink hundreds of hours into Skyrim, so I think I will like this one as well.