Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

So I finished up Rise of the Tomb Raider. Got all the achievements and everything since I'm a douchey fanboy. Pretty good game overall; I'd say if you enjoyed the last one you'll really like this one as well. Lara is back to being that kick-ass chick we all know and love, instead of the wimpy pussy she was for most of the reboot. 

I would have liked to have seen more content overall and more areas to explore; it seemed kind of thin in that regard and it's kind of lame that I'm done with it already. Still, fun game and it looks great. 

jdpc5v6bocq40ks9ywtv.jpg

i played halo on the pc years ago and had a cortana boner.  she must be super hot by now, lol

Good luck with lawsuit @Fishooked

http://www.engadget.com/2015/12/21/lawsuit-over-fallout-4-addiction/

There's little doubt that Fallout 4's gameplay is involving when you can spend dozens of hours on the main storyline alone. However, one Russian man is convinced that it's too involving. RT says that he's suing Bethesdafor 500,000 rubles ($7,030) for failing to warn that Fallout 4 would "become so addictive." Supposedly, the man went on a 3-week gaming marathon that cost him his health, job and wife. Had he known how alluring it was, he says, he would have either waited until the holidays to buy the game or avoided it entirely. We've reached out to Bethesda to both confirm the lawsuit and get its take on the claims.

There is a history of these cases, and they can even be successful: one American got compensation from NCSoft after he got hooked on Lineage II. There's also evidence to suggest that certain kinds of gameplay canpromote addictive behavior. With that said, there are many Fallout 4players who've played extensively without ruining their personal and professional lives. This man will have to convince the court that he was genuinely addicted, not just lacking in self-discipline.

• Upvote 1

I mean, the guy could make a case. Every minute the wife is out of the house or sleeping I'm pretty much playing it.

It's a minor miracle that all of the Christmas shopping is done and all of the presents are wrapped. 

I'm like that with MGS now, but xmas presents not wrapped, shopping not done 

Finally just finished evil within, there were a few parts that were frustrating, but overall a great game.

The creep factor for that game looks off the charts, I may pick that one up when the price goes lower. 

The Evil Within is a really good game. To me, it's kind of like a cross between Alan Wake and Resident Evil. There are spots where you'll be happy to limp away with a sliver of health and zero bullets left in your gun. 

After I finished it the first time I went back and played through a couple more times to pick up random achievements and was still having fun. The only achievements I didn't manage to get were the ones for not upgrading your character at all throughout the entire game (**** that) and the two hardest difficulties, during which you basically die if you get breathed on (also, **** that). 

Looks like you can get it on Ebay for the XBox One for around 15-20 bucks, which isn't bad for how entertaining it is. 

the last console I had was PS2, no internet connection

setting up my son's xbox one with wifi, a new microsoft account, customized security settings and profiles, xbox live and then getting minecraft to work in split screen was quite an accomplishment for this old guy, lol

then we downloaded the blu-ray/dvd player and we watched my daughters blu-ray of jurrasic world and it was amazing

a regular old DVD wouldn't work tho, any ideas ?  we have hd TV and HDMI cables

I had to laugh at microsoft, we sat through 15-20 minutes of downloading and installing an update for the console only to be told AFTER that the console did not need to be updated.  lol typical microsoft

the last console I had was PS2, no internet connection

setting up my son's xbox one with wifi, a new microsoft account, customized security settings and profiles, xbox live and then getting minecraft to work in split screen was quite an accomplishment for this old guy, lol

then we downloaded the blu-ray/dvd player and we watched my daughters blu-ray of jurrasic world and it was amazing

a regular old DVD wouldn't work tho, any ideas ?  we have hd TV and HDMI cables

I had to laugh at microsoft, we sat through 15-20 minutes of downloading and installing an update for the console only to be told AFTER that the console did not need to be updated.  lol typical microsoft

It should play regular DVDs too? 

So my brother got me a GameStop gift card, and I went down there a couple of days ago. I picked up Far Cry 2, Arkham City and Risen 2 for 19 something with tax included--not too shabby. 

Anyway, I started out with Far Cry 2. I think I like it so far (and this is my first experience with the Far Cry series), but I have a few gripes. Mainly the crazy amount of time spent driving and the cruddy map system (I've wrecked my car into a tree while trying to figure out where I'm supposed to go more times than I can count already). The whole "looking for diamonds" thing is kind of a chore, too. 

I think I can overlook that stuff, though. If anyone can remember playing this game and can give me some pointers I could use them. 

So my brother got me a GameStop gift card, and I went down there a couple of days ago. I picked up Far Cry 2, Arkham City and Risen 2 for 19 something with tax included--not too shabby. 

Anyway, I started out with Far Cry 2. I think I like it so far (and this is my first experience with the Far Cry series), but I have a few gripes. Mainly the crazy amount of time spent driving and the cruddy map system (I've wrecked my car into a tree while trying to figure out where I'm supposed to go more times than I can count already). The whole "looking for diamonds" thing is kind of a chore, too. 

I think I can overlook that stuff, though. If anyone can remember playing this game and can give me some pointers I could use them. 

Wish I could help, FC3 was my introduction to the series, so I have no clue what it was like before. 

So is anyone else besides rillo and myself the only ones playing Fallout 4? 

I'm at level 21. Love it so far. 

It was tough running into deathclaws and super mutants so early in the game. 

I've done a little of the main storyline, just been leveling up through side quests. 

I'm at level 21. Love it so far. 

It was tough running into deathclaws and super mutants so early in the game. 

I've done a little of the main storyline, just been leveling up through side quests. 

Obviously I'm going to gush about it since I've always been a huge Fallout fan. I can't stop playing it, I think I am at level 66 or something.

I've stayed away from the southwestern parts of the map until I leveled up some.

I've also spent an ungodly amount of time messing around with settlements, I've been focusing all of my efforts on the Starlight Drive In as my main base of operations. 

So is anyone else besides rillo and myself the only ones playing Fallout 4? 

I'm going to pick it up pretty soon; probably in a couple of months. I have a few games on my list I want to finish up first, though. Otherwise I know I'll never get back to them.

It's hard, though. I really liked 3 and New Vegas so every time I walk by Fallout 4 in the store it's like 

tumblr_inline_n1gnqpGAIg1rjouqu.gif

• Upvote 1

Obviously I'm going to gush about it since I've always been a huge Fallout fan. I can't stop playing it, I think I am at level 66 or something.

I've stayed away from the southwestern parts of the map until I leveled up some.

I've also spent an ungodly amount of time messing around with settlements, I've been focusing all of my efforts on the Starlight Drive In as my main base of operations. 

My wife got me Witcher 3 for Christmas as well, and is now annoyed that I haven't started playing it yet.

I haven't done anything with the settlements yet.  I'm really interested in the main story, so I want to level up as much as possible before I head to the Institution. 

Just had my first encounter with a courser, he was pretty tough.  The cannonball gun took care of him pretty quickly, though.

I'm going to pick it up pretty soon; probably in a couple of months. I have a few games on my list I want to finish up first, though. Otherwise I know I'll never get back to them.

It's hard, though. I really liked 3 and New Vegas so every time I walk by Fallout 4 in the store it's like 

tumblr_inline_n1gnqpGAIg1rjouqu.gif

It's definitely different, yet the same. It's basically Skyrim's engine the map is so much more compacted and dense. Can't wait to see what they do with DLC for it, and I at least hope there will be at least 3-4 of them. 

Haven't been playing much, due the holidays and being an adult. Probably will veg out this weekend. I'm like lvl 35 and there's so much to do. Hopefully the DLC is equally good.

Yeah I hear you - luckily I was able to get in quite a bit over the holidays. No word or ETA on DLCs yet, but I hope they follow FO3 and FNV  and we get at least four. I think FNV was good, but their DLCs is what made the game great in my opinion.

Yeah I hear you - luckily I was able to get in quite a bit over the holidays. No word or ETA on DLCs yet, but I hope they follow FO3 and FNV  and we get at least four. I think FNV was good, but their DLCs is what made the game great in my opinion.

Interesting, I've never played DLC unless i bought a GOY edition and it was included

Interesting, I've never played DLC unless i bought a GOY edition and it was included

I usually wait until a GOTY edition or some special edition is released instead of buying DLC each individually - I did that with FO3 and FNV, but lately I'm too much of a nerd to wait. 

I did buy the DLCs for Skyrim and also for Bioshock Ifinite - Burial At Sea because I was so into those games at the time. 

I usually wait until a GOTY edition or some special edition is released instead of buying DLC each individually - I did that with FO3 and FNV, but lately I'm too much of a nerd to wait. 

I did buy the DLCs for Skyrim and also for Bioshock Ifinite - Burial At Sea because I was so into those games at the time. 

Is it generally just a new set of missions? How does it work with the main story? I was tempted to buy some for Oblivion but it seemed like a bolt on after the main story.

Just in general? As I said, I've never played DLC unless it was GOY and then it's hard to tell what is DLC and what is part of game

Well it depends on the game I guess. Some integrate their DLC seamlessly into the original game (like travelling to a new area on the map, like Fallout or Skyrim) or for some you would launch it separately from the main menu.(like BioShock Infinite) once it's downloaded.

So I made my first real crappy video on ShareFactory on the PS4, stitching together clips of my various adventures (with Curie, mostly) in Fallout 4. Some of the clips I added in I didn't edit properly and they are too long, but it's my first one. Most of the clips are glitches with some other random stuff I guess.

Anyway I figure some of you might take a look (or not).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GseWACsS3jc

Edited by Fishooked

So I made my first real crappy video on ShareFactory on the PS4, stitching together clips of my various adventures (with Curie, mostly) in Fallout 4. Some of the clips I added in I didn't edit properly and they are too long, but it's my first one. Most of the clips are glitches with some other random stuff I guess.

Anyway I figure some of you might take a look (or not).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GseWACsS3jc

Your video is private.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk