Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

Fishooked

Aghhhhhhh no sh*t. I just kept plus-one'ing the top row ones, wondering why I didn't see improvements in my character. This opens up a whole new world for me. Thanks, man 

LOL, no problem. I spent a lot of time on reddit on Fallout boards, and there were a lot of folks new to the franchise that were doing the exact same thing, so you're not alone.

If you ever want any tips or info (just watch out for spoilers) you can check out

www.reddit.com/r/fo4

+1 for /r/fo4 has a lot of FO4 info and some spoilers. 

Just picked up diablo 3 again, I'm pretty much lost but I enjoy these type of games, I'll get the hang of it.

Make sure to take some breaks from time to time - my thumb started to get sore from slashing creatures. Its good fun though.

Keep in mind you don't have to just invest in the top row of perks!

Depending on your level in each perk, you can invest in the perks below them, up until you level you are currently at.

Example - if your Strength is Level 5 - you can invest in the perks Level One Through Five below - anything that is unavailable to you is grayed out. 

Edit: perk chart below - so if you are Level 5 in strength, everything from L01 through L05 (vertically) are available to you . 

TmmFFZO.jpg

Holy shit, I'm an idiot. 

Im level 39 and had no idea. 

Some suggestions, if I may - 

Strength, Strong Back perk, L06 - if you max out this perk you can carry literally everything back with you from looting. Then you can sell the gear you dont want for caps, and use all the other junk for settlements, if you're into the settlement building thing. 

Luck. Idiot Savant perk, L05 - it seems like an odd perk to take, but it really does pay off in huge XP, at random times. The lower your intelligence, the more likely occurrence. Even though my intelligence is around 8 or 9 at the moment, it kicks in quite a bit. 

Some suggestions, if I may - 

Luck. Idiot Savant perk, L05 - it seems like an odd perk to take, but it really does pay off in huge XP, at random times. The lower your intelligence, the more likely occurrence. Even though my intelligence is around 8 or 9 at the moment, it kicks in quite a bit. 

I think this post was for someone else, but that idiot savant perk is clutch, also there is a video out that shows even if your intelligence is max out you still get a huge bonus from the idiot savant perk. It's actually more than if you're in the 5-7 range of intelligence. 

14 hours ago, rillo said:

I think this post was for someone else, but that idiot savant perk is clutch, also there is a video out that shows even if your intelligence is max out you still get a huge bonus from the idiot savant perk. It's actually more than if you're in the 5-7 range of intelligence. 

Yeah, I pretty much suck at trying to edit a post after quoting someone. 

I was worried that it was a wasted perk since my INT was high to begin with, but it still pops up pretty frequently enough to make it totally worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JiF said:

No seriously, Rocket League is crack.

Yep, I got my PS4 back last weekend because my son was out of town.  He has BO3, Battlefront, Madden 16 and ESO.  You guessed it.  I played Rocket League the entire weekend.  I just can't get over how such a ridiculous concept can make for such an addictive game.  

10 minutes ago, Alk said:

Yep, I got my PS4 back last weekend because my son was out of town.  He has BO3, Battlefront, Madden 16 and ESO.  You guessed it.  I played Rocket League the entire weekend.  I just can't get over how such a ridiculous concept can make for such and addictive game.  

Seriously and the game play is so simple and not sophisticated and their is nothing to it but I cant get enough.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm moving down my "to play" games list and now I'm on The Witcher 3. I think I'm going to start on it today after I get all my dumbsh*t grownup stuff out of the way. 

I know several of you have played it. Any tips? I did play the first two and liked them a lot. 

15 hours ago, Bombdirt said:

So I'm moving down my "to play" games list and now I'm on The Witcher 3. I think I'm going to start on it today after I get all my dumbsh*t grownup stuff out of the way. 

I know several of you have played it. Any tips? I did play the first two and liked them a lot. 

Beautiful game, the soundtrack is amazing...I really liked it...but I haven't finished it yet. I don't know why, I just haven't. I'll probably go back to it soon for awhile until Fallout4 DLC drops. 

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is if you see an enemy with a red skull by it's name....run the **** away. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fishooked said:

And for anyone who hasn't bought the season pass for Fallout 4, today is the last day to get it at the 29.99 price before it goes up...fyi. 

Is it worth it? For the record, I'm digging the game and have, in a few instances, spent too much time worrying about the 18 citizens of the Starlight Drive-In, so much so that I built them a condo. Too addicted to the game now. Will the DLCs be map expansions? 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Is it worth it? For the record, I'm digging the game and have, in a few instances, spent too much time worrying about the 18 citizens of the Starlight Drive-In, so much so that I built them a condo. Too addicted to the game now. Will the DLCs be map expansions? 

Far Harbor will be, and from what they are saying it will be huge.

Automatron which will be released first will have additional quests and the ability to create robotic companions. Wasteland Workshop adds some new settlement options and the ability to capture enemies and have deathmatches. They decided to increase the price since they will be adding more DLC after these are released. So Im expecting at least one more story DLC with additional areas (hopefully two) in addition to whatever else comes out.

http://www.geek.com/news/fallout-4-dlc-revealed-robot-building-capturing-enemies-and-a-whole-new-island-1647472/

The great thing is they are listening to the fans and adding in fixes and features that people want, which is a good thing, this game is nowhere near a finished product.

I bought the pass last week (was going to anyway), I've always loved their DLC content so it was a no-brainer for me.

Just thought I'd let you all know, that the streets of Gotham are safe.  I've found every riddle and taken out every single possible threat.  Hands down the best game I've ever played.

Which now leaves me to find something new.  Rocket League and Madden are fun for competition.  I've given up on Metal Gear.  It's just too redundant and the story line isnt intriguing enough to want to finish...but I need something similar that is story driven.  

Anyone have thoughts on Black Opps?  I was thinking about that. 

Just thought I'd let you all know, that the streets of Gotham are safe.  I've found every riddle and taken out every single possible threat.  Hands down the best game I've ever played.

Which now leaves me to find something new.  Rocket League and Madden are fun for competition.  I've given up on Metal Gear.  It's just too redundant and the story line isnt intriguing enough to want to finish...but I need something similar that is story driven.  

Anyone have thoughts on Black Opps?  I was thinking about that. 

Black Ops story sucks. Multiplayer is just like all of them with the usual tweaks. Fallout seems to be the SP rage but it seems too in depth for my stoner brain. I'm in the same boat as you. I was excited about Farcry but no guns/vehicles turned me off to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/29/2016 at 7:27 AM, Fishooked said:

Far Harbor will be, and from what they are saying it will be huge.

Automatron which will be released first will have additional quests and the ability to create robotic companions. Wasteland Workshop adds some new settlement options and the ability to capture enemies and have deathmatches. They decided to increase the price since they will be adding more DLC after these are released. So Im expecting at least one more story DLC with additional areas (hopefully two) in addition to whatever else comes out.

http://www.geek.com/news/fallout-4-dlc-revealed-robot-building-capturing-enemies-and-a-whole-new-island-1647472/

The great thing is they are listening to the fans and adding in fixes and features that people want, which is a good thing, this game is nowhere near a finished product.

I bought the pass last week (was going to anyway), I've always loved their DLC content so it was a no-brainer for me.

And for all of you settlement junkies out there they are adding more items for settlements in Patch 1.4 (coming soon to consoles, next week?)

http://imgur.com/a/AXps4

15 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Black Ops story sucks. Multiplayer is just like all of them with the usual tweaks. Fallout seems to be the SP rage but it seems too in depth for my stoner brain. I'm in the same boat as you. I was excited about Farcry but no guns/vehicles turned me off to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, those types of games are not for me.  I like to run onto a map, mash buttons and kill people with a mission to accomplish.  Hence why the Batman games are my favs. 

The Division looks pretty sick.  I may wait for that to come out. 

On ‎02‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:27 AM, Fishooked said:

Tom Clancy Splinter Cell is pretty cool too, though no Sinlge Player campaign really.  The multiplayer is like COD if COD was like real life lol.  You die, you die haha.  You actually have to think about your plan of attack which makes it fun.  The Division looks badass. 

47 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's crazy addicting. 

i can't get into it for some reason. Bought it last week played for an hour and got bored. Are you playing online?

also, i agree with you Metal Gear. What amazing game play that they killed with redundancy. Reminds me of the first Assasins Creed. Was amazing until it got repetitive

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yep.  Play the 3 on 3 standard games, ranked.  I love it.  Cant get enough.

is it a bunch of kids who kick the sh*t out of you though? I stopped all online play, I just get destroyed

24 minutes ago, CTM said:

is it a bunch of kids who kick the sh*t out of you though? I stopped all online play, I just get destroyed

Haha.  I guess I'm good, I dont get destroyed at all.  All though, last night I got put into a higher ranking game and I was having a little tougher time getting goals.

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

I downloaded it today, the game is sick stupid fun!  I tried my first online 1x1 and lost 14-1 hahahaha.  I suck

1x1 is hard.  2x2 is hard.  3x3 is perfect.  4x4 is a mess.  haha

I stick with 3x3 standard.  Typically hang out in the ranked mode but like I said, they put me in a serious class last night that is tough.