Fishooked

Do we have an Official Video Games thread here?

1,095 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Fishooked said:

It is available on PC and PS4 yes. 

Since I love Fallout this was kind of on my radar, but I'm not really a turn-based or squad-based RPG type of guy.

Yeah the gameplay does take a little getting used to (especially during battles) and the inventory micromanagement aspect does get irritating at times. I'm kind of pissed at the game right now. I went in to face the final boss last night and the game pulled an unexpected dick plot move that took out my healer. Long story long, I got shredded to ribbons. Going to make a few adjustments and try again tonight. 

3 hours ago, Fishooked said:

I'm willing to bet that Sony will do a price drop on their PS4 slim down to 249.00, so keep your eyes open. 

I believe Best Buy has the gold PS4 now for $249. Tempted but not ready yet. 

13 hours ago, Bombdirt said:

I played the PS2 version way back when. Really innovative and creative game. It was essentially all boss battles though, so it was missing a certain dimension of gameplay but I was having fun playing it so I didn't notice much.

I gave it a try on the PS3 and it didn't click for me.

The trailer looks gorgeous, I just hope the controls are good, they felt really wonky to me, similar to the same issues they had with The Last Guardian, I believe its the same studio,

10 hours ago, Fishooked said:

I gave it a try on the PS3 and it didn't click for me.

The trailer looks gorgeous, I just hope the controls are good, they felt really wonky to me, similar to the same issues they had with The Last Guardian, I believe its the same studio,

You know, I can actually recall thinking the controls were a little funky when I was playing that game. I know I didn't end up finishing it. It's so weird that I can remember specific stuff like that from a game I played a dozen years ago. Then I forget my wife's birthday or my own phone number. 

Currently playing Sleeping Dogs..Gold gave it away free some months back. Remember playing on the 360..fun game with martial arts and such. 

Not the most polished game..but pretty fun.

Finally finished Horizon Zero Dawn...haven't played a game with that good a story in a long time; my only complaint is the level cap of 50 which I reached pretty easily, but I wasn't able to get all of the skills maxed out. Oh well. I haven't decided if I am going to try and scrounge for collectibles I missed yet, I still have a huge backlog of stuff I want to get to.

On 7/10/2017 at 8:37 AM, Fishooked said:

Finally finished Horizon Zero Dawn...haven't played a game with that good a story in a long time; my only complaint is the level cap of 50 which I reached pretty easily, but I wasn't able to get all of the skills maxed out. Oh well. I haven't decided if I am going to try and scrounge for collectibles I missed yet, I still have a huge backlog of stuff I want to get to.

great game, first game that really gripes me since skyrim. I hate level caps, if i want to farm and become op why not let me?

Hey guys, just wanted to say I picked up the Xbox One version of Skyrim today, so I'll see you in about a month. 

fWx327.gif

On 7/13/2017 at 3:33 AM, Bombdirt said:

Hey guys, just wanted to say I picked up the Xbox One version of Skyrim today, so I'll see you in about a month. 

fWx327.gif

More like several months lol 

On 7/12/2017 at 11:23 AM, CTM said:

great game, first game that really gripes me since skyrim. I hate level caps, if i want to farm and become op why not let me?

I'm hoping maybe with the DLC they might remove it, if they decide to add extra perks.

My problem is I only need 3 more skill points to get the last perk (and the lousy trophy) but I don't think there are any quests left for me for skill points. I did all the Tallnecks, Bandit Camps etc. 

I found Mad Max for ten bucks. It's like a mash-up of a ton of better games, but it's ungodly repetitive. 

4 hours ago, Fishooked said:

More like several months lol 

Normally, yeah it would be months. I played through it a couple of times back on the 360, though, so I know where a lot of stuff is and how to handle things for the most part. It's still fun as hell, though. 

x0IZwaT1.jpg

4 hours ago, Fishooked said:

I'm hoping maybe with the DLC they might remove it, if they decide to add extra perks.

My problem is I only need 3 more skill points to get the last perk (and the lousy trophy) but I don't think there are any quests left for me for skill points. I did all the Tallnecks, Bandit Camps etc. 

yeah me too, i never do DLC though. too much time generally elapses and i've already moved on

Any rumors on when new elder scrolls will drop?

On 7/14/2017 at 3:25 PM, CTM said:

yeah me too, i never do DLC though. too much time generally elapses and i've already moved on

Any rumors on when new elder scrolls will drop?

There are rumors that Bethesda isn't even working on TES6...which I kind of find hard to believe myself...I don't think they want to release anything TES related so as to not cannibalize any sales for TES:Online, just my hunch.

I think they are going to announce new IPs before anything else, the big rumor is a game called Starfield I think. 

On 7/14/2017 at 11:44 AM, T0mShane said:

I found Mad Max for ten bucks. It's like a mash-up of a ton of better games, but it's ungodly repetitive. 

Its a lot of fun, but yes I agree. The driving and car combat is great though. Sadly its a shame that the convoys dont reappear after you've cleared them. 

On 7/10/2017 at 8:37 AM, Fishooked said:

On 7/12/2017 at 11:23 AM, CTM said:

It really was a great game.  My only gripes were the leveling up, I just got that cool outfit you needed by finding the powercells and I've already beat the game.  I've gone through and basically done every secondary missions, errands, tall necks and eliminated the bandit camps which are actually more fun than some of the original story line.  The health is tedious and I wish there was more explanation around your items and how to best use them, etc.  But overall, a freaking great game.

Has anyone played the Friday the 13th game yet?  I'm hearing good things.  

I've played Friday the 13th on the PS4. (BTW, I've heard it's a nightmare on Xboxone)

It's fun, but... teamkillers and glitchers will ruin your game. Plus, if you get into a room where no one speaks, it kinda sucks. If several people are playing the way you are supposed to (teamwork) then the game is pretty fun. It's basically video game hide & seek though.

7 hours ago, JiF said:

Has anyone played the Friday the 13th game yet?  I'm hearing good things.  

I've played this one. I really sucked at it. 

tumblr_ormy2vEVcr1qjxgmho1_500.gif