JetNation Fantasy Football - 1 Week $1,025 in Prize $

Maxman

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished in 5th.  I will get another link for this week.  Although one of these weeks I full expect that they are going to lower the prize pool so that it is equal to the # of people who are playing. :)  But I won't bring that up to them lol.

I finished in 5th.  I will get another link for this week.  Although one of these weeks I full expect that they are going to lower the prize pool so that it is equal to the # of people who are playing. :)  But I won't bring that up to them lol.

lol

Awesome.

It's really smart how they apply values to the players in relation to the salary cap. You're outright forced to play two wild-card scrubs somewhere on your roster in order to accommodate the one or two name players you want. It's a real equalizer when you're playing against fantasy nerds, imo

It's really smart how they apply values to the players in relation to the salary cap. You're outright forced to play two wild-card scrubs somewhere on your roster in order to accommodate the one or two name players you want. It's a real equalizer when you're playing against fantasy nerds, imo

None of my choices are wildcards, imo. On paper, I don't put anyone in my lineup unless they have a top 10 matchup for their position, and by this I mean going deeper than picking WRs that face a bad pass defense. I'm talking about individual matchups. You take that, then consider the rest of the offense around them, the defense and how often the offense will be given a chance to driver/score, and finally, that individual's talent all into account. 

It's why I used Andre Hawkins last week. His individual matchup was a great one, and Hawkins cost peanuts, and his situation was perfect - the run game would struggle and Hoyer needed someone to throw to. I should have won money with that team too, but the Kelce and Lions matchups didn't pan out.

Archived