Aboushi Could Shorten Jets Wish List

JetNation

Ali nailed this one.

hmm, guess so.  thx for remembering!

no one likes an I-told-you-so wisenheimer, but i do also remember mentionning here in pre season that geno was no nfl qb, that landing the duck was the hope for the future, that idzik was incompetent and should be fired, that woody should somehow be forced to sell the team (the sight of that little gnome in the Jets locker room after the Pittsburg game was just too disgusting for words), and that the team would end up winning only 3 or 4 games this season -- much of which was met with derision if not worse by the inhouse claque of Jets "loyalists" at the time.  this was during the summer and the early part of the season.

how time have changed!  now this all seems to be accepted wisdom.  i still root for my Jets, despite it all, as i have since 1968, and look forward to them ruining the Fins' season in December, and them drafting Mariota next year, then having him sit a full season behind Vick and not allowing the Rexoid to ruin him.  meanwhile, the rest of this season will make abundantly clear where the deadwood is (pther than the obvious), but these borderline pretenders should be given a chance to perform on the field first -- thus killing two birds with stone:  us losing as many games as possible, going forward, and rooting out those players who do not belong on a professional nfl team -- starting of course with Geno.

as for Rex, I completely respect the passion he demonstrated last week, and do not believe the charge that his defensive schemes are rigidly predictable -- the rumor of his inflexibility on that score is pure bogus.  he simply should not be allowed to make offensive decisions of any sort, including timeouts; but maybe he could hire a bright coach for the offense next year to replace morningdove, someone who could creatively modernize things on the O side of the ball and devise comprehensive gameplans  that would eventually play to the duck's strengths.  most of all, we need an O coach who does not make baffling decisions in the red zone.

naturally, or to use Rex's favorite word, obviously all bets are off if the Clueless One remains as GM.

Correct.  I would get rid of Colon---  need to start drafting  some OT and  swing Guard types who can maybe also play Center .  Milliner cant stay on the field----

so we need a new top CB, also.   Supposed to be quality OT in this DRAFT.

Then the Jets will definitely go WR to remain true to form.

Correct.  I would get rid of Colon---  need to start drafting  some OT and  swing Guard types who can maybe also play Center .  Milliner cant stay on the field----

so we need a new top CB, also.   Supposed to be quality OT in this DRAFT.

is going to be a very good draft for  OTs and WRs I hope we don't blow this one.

Archived