Is there anything we can do?

TiredJetsFan

Yes, there is.

On game day, Fans could go and stage a ticket burning ceremony instead of going inside met life. All on video and maybe even media coverage as word spreads. Bring the big screen and tailgate in the parking lot the whole game. Empty stadiums motivate owners to change.

Owners don't like hearing that youre not going to spend anymore money on the team. Every fan that's interviewed or calls in to sportsradio should echo that sentiment.

Demand a forum with Woody and the fanbase. Call him out. Even if he doesn't agree to meet, it will make him look worse than he already does.

This might be the best idea I have heard. Instead of selling the tickets to rival fans, have a 30-40,000 person party in the parking lot. Media would love it. Woody would really be embarrassed in front of his fellow billionaires. Everyone still gets to party, and watch the game.

5* idea

Yes, there is.

On game day, Fans could go and stage a ticket burning ceremony instead of going inside met life. All on video and maybe even media coverage as word spreads. Bring the big screen and tailgate in the parking lot the whole game. Empty stadiums motivate owners to change.

Owners don't like hearing that youre not going to spend anymore money on the team. Every fan that's interviewed or calls in to sportsradio should echo that sentiment.

Demand a forum with Woody and the fanbase. Call him out. Even if he doesn't agree to meet, it will make him look worse than he already does.

Only thing I would add, to generate tons of media exposure and embarrassment, is to have all the fans dressed as Woody Johnson.  It doesn't need to be a perfect costume, but thousands of fans looking like him burning tickets would be a colossal TV/media moment.

Yes, there is.

Woody still makes money!  Tickets were paid for and parking ain't free.  Woody gets free advertisement and everybody talking about the jets.  Money always wins...always!

ok get rid of them the who comes in??? I am all in for Cowher, but we do need to do a lot better in the draft we just cant cut 4th rnd pics before the season starts

There is no way that a coach of Cowher's stature would work for a turnip like Woody Johnson - a man whom both names indicate that he is a dick - and risk ruining his legacy. I know he only won one SB - and that was a ref job for sure - but he at least can hang his hat on that. What I see is an owner suffering from insanity. The definition of which is - doing the same thing and thinking you will get a different result. Too bad the fans can't "impeach" him on grounds of insanity.

Woody still makes money!  Tickets were paid for and parking ain't free.  Woody gets free advertisement and everybody talking about the jets.  Money always wins...always!

Woody gets bad advertisement. No beer money, no food money. Empty seats.

Woody doesn't get parking money does he?

There is no way that a coach of Cowher's stature would work for a turnip like Woody Johnson - a man whom both names indicate that he is a dick - and risk ruining his legacy. I know he only won one SB - and that was a ref job for sure - but he at least can hang his hat on that. What I see is an owner suffering from insanity. The definition of which is - doing the same thing and thinking you will get a different result. Too bad the fans can't "impeach" him on grounds of insanity.

I don't know about that they were together at some events last year it wont happen but hey one can dream right

Hey everyone, new here. Very long time Jet fan, since the 70's. I am so fed up with the Jets, and I am wondering if there is anything we the fans can do about it? I used to love Rex, but I am at the point now where I cannot stand him, and I cannot believe he was not fired after 2012. Idzik is another disaster who clearly has no clue of how to build a team for the current NFL. I know this all goes back to Woody, who is not a football guy, but is making decisions as if he were. I find myself rooting against them these days the same way I did in the Kotite days, and the Herm days. There has to be something we the fans can do.

YES THERE IS SOMETHING JETS FANS CAN DO...STOP BUYING TICKETS!!! Or have a group boycott where nobody shows up for 1 game!!

boo

I had a "disagreement" with a giants fan who listens to fatcessa and kay who told me last week the jets fans got rid of sanchez because we booed and ownership got scared, so we deserved the performance sanchez had last week cuz it's like our fault

lol

wonder what he will say tomorrow.  

YES THERE IS SOMETHING JETS FANS CAN DO...STOP BUYING TICKETS!!! Or have a group boycott where nobody shows up for 1 game!!

TV money guarantees the owners make a profit even if the stadium is empty, and I believe at least 70% of the tickets are bought and paid for for the entire season before week 1

TV money guarantees the owners make a profit even if the stadium is empty, and I believe at least 70% of the tickets are bought and paid for for the entire season before week 1

Yup. If I didnt have season tickets that were paid for before the season I probably wouldn't go, BUT my $1,275 was inserted into Woody's bank account back in May. I won't just eat that money because we're not playing well. 

He's going to be 58 if he does.  That's not a bad age for a guy in his fourth year or so, but to start, that's old.

I won't be surprised if Cowher is done forever.

They keep their names around in contention for a job because I am sure it makes them sought after and helps gain some pay leverage in those network deals they sign.

You're right.  I'm sure if Cowher really wanted to get back in the game he had many opportunities to do so over the years.  Granted the Giants are kind of a prize job, but I don't think he waited all these years for it.

It sucks the Giants are probably going to can Coughlin.  If Jim Harbaugh or any legit HC out there wants to come to NY they will absolutely pick the Giants over us.  Better QB, better ownership, better front office.

Archived