2014/15 NY Rangers

Bugg

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The media is catching on to the fact that Bishop has given up 10 goals in 2 games. Rangers will get their scoring opportunities so they need to play D like they did tonight.

Best possible outcome. Hank got his mojo back and Nash and MSL score.

exactly.  MSL had 3 golden chances in the last 10 minutes as well !

I have to say tho, whoever stuck their stick in johnsons belly, that was a cheap shot. 

I am watching the Blackhawks-Ducks Game4. Theses game 4s are so pivotal, including the game the Rangers won last night.

So, Chi is up 3-1 in the third, and then the Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take a 4-3 lead. Crazy.

going to OT.

I am watching the Blackhawks-Ducks Game4. Theses game 4s are so pivotal, including the game the Rangers won last night.

So, Chi is up 3-1 in the third, and then the Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take a 4-3 lead. Crazy.

going to OT.

NHL playoffs is the best thing in sports that doesn't involve a football. Intense, end to end, physical, incredible skill.Take a player like Dom Moore; he rarely gets in the scoresheet, but  without his contribution the Rangers would be screwed. The 4th line has been great this series. Glass was mostly awful all season, and now he's a factor. But the big guys-MSL, Nash,Lundqvist-are still key.

Haven't watched more than 5 minutes of any Yankee game this season. it simply doesn't compare. 

NHL playoffs is the best thing in sports that doesn't involve a football. Intense, end to end, physical, incredible skill.Take a player like Dom Moore; he rarely gets in the scoresheet, but  without his contribution the Rangers would be screwed. The 4th line has been great this series. Glass was mostly awful all season, and now he's a factor. But the big guys-MSL, Nash,Lundqvist-are still key.

Haven't watched more than 5 minutes of any Yankee game this season. it simply doesn't compare.

It really interesting hiw the different sports have such a different feel in the postseason.

Its all about fan anxiety level. In MLB the anxiety is right before the pitch is thrown and the NFL the anxiety is as the play ensues. In NBA the anxiety is at the end of close games as the player shoots.

But in the NHL the anxiety is throughout the whole course of the game because a goal can be scored anytime. The NHL has the best postseason because it is most nerve racking

It really interesting hiw the different sports have such a different feel in the postseason.

Its all about fan anxiety level. In MLB the anxiety is right before the pitch is thrown and the NFL the anxiety is as the play ensues. In NBA the anxiety is at the end of close games as the player shoots.

But in the NHL the anxiety is throughout the whole course of the game because a goal can be scored anytime. The NHL has the best postseason because it is most nerve racking

Totally agree with this.

I think it is even better than the NFL playoffs because the Stanley Cup Playoffs are a two to two and a half month grind against the league's best. 

Tonight is the moment of truth for both teams IMHO. A Rangers win guarantees them a game 7 at home and I really like their chances in a game 7 at home. 

For Tampa, a win tonight would make them very hard to beat in a game 6 back in Tampa.

Watch for Nash and Callahan tonight. I really hope Friday serves as a a launching point for Nash for the rest of the post season.

You got to know Callahan is just itchin to get on the scoreboard now that he looks pretty much recovered from his appendectomy.

It is gonna be a great game tonight.

If there is any solace, as a fan we'll kept watching no matter what but for Nash and Hank this is their careers. How many more golden opportunities will they get at a Cup like this season?

Best of 3 with 2 at home win ECF and home ice in Cup Finals? This is all theirs. If they don't take advantage who are we as fans to say otherwise? All you ask as a player is this opportunity. Hopefully they make the most of it

Up 2-0 being out shot on the road.

Win-lose-or-draw I love this Rangers team.  They never give up.  If sports can transcend into real life, we all could hope to be like this Rangers team.  At times brilliant, at times ugly, but all heart.

I-Has-a-Sad.png

Seriously...I'm really depressed right now. 

My Jets/Knicks are at least a few years away from even being relevant. 

This Rangers team is getting old. 

This was it. 

Please, please God; someone win a championship before I die. 

/end distressed haiku. 

This sucks, but when a team only scores 4 goals in 4 home games in the ECF, that team doesn't deserve to win.

The Rangers only have themselves to blame.

Kreider, JT and Hayes are young as sh*t and will get better.  They'll carry the Rangers going forward.  But for players like Nash and Henrick, they may have blown their best chance at a time and they only need to look in the mirror to know why.

Very disappointed, what a bummer.

From the NYR site:

After 101 games of trying to change the ending that was last spring's Stanley Cup Final loss, the Rangers finally fell short again Friday night at Madison Square Garden--their season ending in a 2-0 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning in the seventh and deciding game of the Eastern Conference Final.

It was the first Game Seven defeat on home ice in franchise history for the Rangers, who had been 7-0 in such contests. The Rangers had earned the right to play Game Seven at MSG by winning the President's Trophy this season with a franchise-record 115 points. However they lost three of four games to the Lightning in this series at home, scoring just four goals in total, shut out twice by Ben Bishop.

"Before the series you ask me if we'd lose three at home, I wouldn't have guessed that," said veteran winger Martin St. Louis.

highres-golf-hole-12.jpg

That was just a really bad performance. You work so hard for home ice advantage throughout the playoffs and you give it away in each round. 5 friggin times you give it away.

It is right there for the taking, against a goalie who had to be a bit rattled after you put 6 behind him in game 6 causing him to get pulled and for the second straight game on home ice with EVERYTHING on the line you get shutout ?

When does Kreider stop getting a pass from us ? This game was just begging him to and have his coming out party and he along with the rest or the Rangers looked like they were skating in mud Friday night. If we didn't know what Nash was before we sure do now. Someone had brought up a great point about on a Rangers board that fits him to a T.

He plays the entire season in third gear, which is great when for the first three quarters of the season when everyone else is in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear, but towards the end of the season and playoffs when guys are hitting 4th gear and stays in third.

This one falls on the guys up front not the guy who is the last  line of defense.

So now we have a bunch of former Rangers in the Finals. Richards and Carcillo for Hawks, Boyle, Stralman and Callahan for the Lightning. The only ones missing are Dorsett and Pouliot.

This sucks....to no end

Good points, Shawn, but Kreider gets a pass (to an extent) because of his youth (still not 25) AND he has thoroughly outplayed Nash these last two postseasons.  It's sad when a team full of vets have to rely on a couple of 24 and younger guys (Kreider, Hayes, JT) to bail them out.  That's the issue.

Stepan (who's also still young) came to play, but was inconsistent.  Only Brass brought it for the playoffs.  Nash is the biggest issue because you can't have your top player (whose regular season goal total is equal to the 2nd and 3rd scores combined on the team) do nothing through 3 rounds.  That destroys your whole scheme.

It's like requiring the Cavs make it to the Finals while LeBron is averaging 5 ppg.  That ain't happening.

Mind you, I'm not giving MSL or Boyle a slide.  I think they're both shot due to their age, especially MSL.

So, The Finals are about to begin. The Finals for the Stanley Cup that the Rangers WONT be playing in.

I'm more pissed every day about this. I would love too be watching media day today on the NHL channel, but I didnt, and the way I feel right now, hockey season is over, fXck the finals.

I might watch a game seven if it goes that far, just because game 7s are historic in sports.

So, Zook had a head/brain contusion, and couldn't talk for 4 days. Weird and tragic brain injury to have.

I know he would have made an impact in the tampa series, but woulda, coulda, shoulda...

I really really really wanted the Rangers to be playing in the finals. BUMMER

Archived