2014/15 NY Rangers

Bugg

Supect the top 4 defensemen are gonna get a lot of ice time in the playoffs unless Klein gets healthy fast. McDonough and Girardi have looked ragged lately.

Forget that. Yandle looks like Geno the way he was turning over the puck this weekend. UGH

Hopefully just a brief lull. The Rangers have been playing at such a high level the past couple of months that sooner or later they were gonna throw in a stinker or three.

My biggest concerns right now is getting everyone healthy and Lundqvist sharp for the playoffs.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget that. Yandle looks like Geno the way he was turning over the puck this weekend. UGH

Hopefully just a brief lull. The Rangers have been playing at such a high level the past couple of months that sooner or later they were gonna throw in a stinker or three.

My biggest concerns right now is getting everyone healthy and Lundqvist sharp for the playoffs.

Yandle was supposedly a good pickup, but he has had minimal impact so far. They put him on the PP a lot, but he's done bupkis there.

This has been an incredible run by the Rangers. Thirteen points back to clinching division with a week plus to play.

As to Yandle, it reminds me of St. Louis ladt year. It takes these guys awhile to settle in. He'll be better in playoffs.

Rangers 1 point from clinching East and 2 points from clinching President's Trophy.  An amazing season.

Leading Devils thus far and a win will tie the franchise record for wins at 52.

If that happens, I wonder if AV will go for the franchise record for points or rest a bunch of guys here-on-out.  They deserve it.

They really have had a remarkable season.

Last night was really nuts. Islanders come from way back in the 3rd period to tie it and then proceed to lose the game with 2 seconds left. They are reeling right now. Their last two games are against and equally struggling Pittsburgh team who blew a 3-0 lead in Ottawa last night and a red hot Columbus team.

Pittsburgh has Islanders and Buffalo left. 

Boston has three left on the road, Washington, Florida and Tampa

Detroit has Montreal and Carolina left

Ottawa has the Rangers and Flyers left on the road.

The fun really starts though a week from tommorow.

Kings are out. Boston is on the brink of being out.

Boston is done..They have one game left against Tampa while the Penguins have games tonight against the Islanders and Saturday in Buffalo.

Looks like the Rangers are gonna get either Ottawa or Pittsburgh in the first round

Kings are out. Boston is on the brink of being out.

Boston is done..They have one game left against Tampa while the Penguins have games tonight against the Islanders and Saturday in Buffalo.

Looks like the Rangers are gonna get either Ottawa or Pittsburgh in the first round

Thankfully. Didn't want Rangers facing Bruins or Red Wings in 1st.

23-6-1 against Metropolitan opponents this season. Outstanding. 

Also, on a slightly unrelated note: call it spite from the Finals last year, but it just warms my heart to see the Kings miss the playoffs this season. 

Rangers finish out an historical season, most points and wins in a season. Then, things fall into place for the best possible matchup in the first round against the Penguins.

It'll be tough for the Penguins to compete without Letang. He's a key player for them. Malkin is playing hurt too. At least with the season being over the cap doesn't matter anymore and they might be able to field 6th healthy defenseman!

That said, the Rangers possession numbers lately have been bottoming out and the Pensguins are among league leaders when it comes to that. And you never know what could happen in the playoffs. Fleury has been carrying that team all season, he could steal the series.

I still expect the Rangers to win, but it may not be as easy as everyone thinks.

Whew. I'd rather see the Penguins than the Senators right now. That said, I don't think there's a good matchup in the entire conference. Everybody is good this year. It's going to be one of those heart-attack postseasons.

Whew. I'd rather see the Penguins than the Senators right now. That said, I don't think there's a good matchup in the entire conference. Everybody is good this year. It's going to be one of those heart-attack postseasons.

I'd rather play Pitt than Ottawa, too. I think that Montreal will have their hands full with them.

Detroit-Tampa, it's good that one of them will go down. Same with the caps-isles. That will be a good series.

Like last year, you need to advance and then play a team you match up with. I think this first round matchup broke well for the Rangers.

I'd rather play Pitt than Ottawa, too. I think that Montreal will have their hands full with them.

Detroit-Tampa, it's good that one of them will go down. Same with the caps-isles. That will be a good series.

Like last year, you need to advance and then play a team you match up with. I think this first round matchup broke well for the Rangers.

Exactly.

No playoff matchup is going to be easy, but some of more advantageous than others and this is one of them.  The benefit with the draw is that the Rangers got the weakest of the 8 playoff teams and, if they advance, will only have to play 1 of Detroit-Tampa-Ottawa-Montreal, and that won't be until the conference finals.

Exactly.

No playoff matchup is going to be easy, but some of more advantageous than others and this is one of them. The benefit with the draw is that the Rangers got the weakest of the 8 playoff teams and, if they advance, will only have to play 1 of Detroit-Tampa-Ottawa-Montreal, and that won't be until the conference finals.

You honestly think the Penguins are the weakest of the 8 playoff teams from the Eastern Conference? Really?

Good luck.

Who do you think is weaker in the East than a Penguin team whose blue line has been devastated by injuries?

Islanders, Ottawa, Detroit, Montreal. I think the Penguins even with their injuries could beat any of those teams in a 7 game series. And the Rangers are massively overrated. Especially if bad Hank shows up.

Islanders, Ottawa, Detroit, Montreal. I think the Penguins even with their injuries could beat any of those teams in a 7 game series. And the Rangers are massively overrated. Especially if bad Hank shows up.

You ain't Crazy Carl for nothing.

The President's Trophy winner is overrated? That's a new one.

Fleury looked great those last two periods. This series is going to suck. There is no easy road to the Finals in this conference.

I think the Pens got the message as the game wore on: the recipe for beating the Rangers lies in physical play and constant harassment around the puck. Crosby and Malkin are serious dangers to score at any time as well. Thank God Lundqvist seemed locked in.

This is going to be another boozy playoffs for me.

691763ea3dcc91fbef4198a75667c0eb15827331

Archived