2014/15 NY Rangers

Bugg

Pens didn't really have that many good chances. Props to the D.

As far as the Rangers being overrated... Defending Eastern Conference Champs, President's Trophy winner. How are they overrated? I'm a huge Ranger fan and probably one of thier biggest critics. But calling them overrated is either hate, ignorance, or naïveté.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outside of Lubdqvist, the team is blah. He covers a lot of warts. Once he loses it or retires, it'll be like Brodeur leaving the Devils.

If the Penguins were fully healthy, they'd blow the doors off of these Rangers.

You're hilarious.

They sucked with Talbot while Henrik was out.

Outside of Lubdqvist, the team is blah. He covers a lot of warts. Once he loses it or retires, it'll be like Brodeur leaving the Devils.

If the Penguins were fully healthy, they'd blow the doors off of these Rangers.

Blah when they killed it with Talbot in net.  They were 3rd in goals scored and 3rd in goals allowed, with the best goal differential in the NHL.  Blah

You Rangers fans need to loosen your underoos. Jeez. Other people are allowed to have an opinion.

Oh. And if the Penguins are fully healthy, they're the favorite to win the series. Hands down.

:face:

The Pens are having so much trouble getting out of their zone because they're missing their puck moving defensemen Letang, Maatta, Erhoff, and Pouliot. Fleury is the only one putting in a full 60 each game.

Not to mention the ice has been slanted to favor the Rangers all season. Got away with a hook just before the second goal and it couldn't have been more obvious.

Rangers should win this in 5 now. But I'd be worried if I was a Rangers fan. They've put scored the Penguins by only 2 goals in 4 games and the Pens are down their top 3 DMen and a top rookie. The #1 seed looks anything but. If they come up against a solid team in round two they're in trouble.

That game last night was about as ugly as it gets. The Rangers though showed their grit came back from a horrific start and won the game. All that matters.

Give the Pens some credit. They have done a great job turning this from a track meet to dump and grind kind of series. Dallas had success with that formula this year as well as the Islanders.

It seems no matter who the coach is the Rangers PP still stinks. They need to get that fixed in a hurry.

Hopefully the Rangers finish them off tommorow and get to sit and wait for the winners for Caps, Isles

Holy crap what an intense series that was. Props to the Pens for recognizing the Rangers' weaknesses and exploiting them.

Lundqvist was stellar, and Hayes made some great plays as well. He's going to be really good.

Not going to get any easier from here, though. Blah.

61282409.jpg

Pens played desperate...Fleury played well. Nice win for the Rangers and will get some rest now.

great hockey.  I only watch playoff hockey, so I am no expert.  I noticed all the rangers rushes in OT were very short lived, dump ins and the pens would go to the rangers end for a sustained 12-15 second possession with mutiple shots, it looked to me like the pens would win for sure

the final possession they seemed to finally keep it in the pens end and then wham-o !

I didn't even see it go in

rangers may have the best looking home jersies in sports

It'll be tough for the Penguins to compete without Letang. He's a key player for them. Malkin is playing hurt too. At least with the season being over the cap doesn't matter anymore and they might be able to field 6th healthy defenseman!

That said, the Rangers possession numbers lately have been bottoming out and the Pensguins are among league leaders when it comes to that. And you never know what could happen in the playoffs. Fleury has been carrying that team all season, he could steal the series.

I still expect the Rangers to win, but it may not be as easy as everyone thinks.

Rangers are a flexible team that can play different styles when the opponent tries to take away what they can do. Penguins tried to rough it up and still couldn't win. That's why the Rangers have been the best team this year.

Archived