John Idzik GM comparison two years in

Connor_J_Hughes

Correct. And it's not a theory. That's what happened. Caldwell turned us down because he wanted nothing to do with Rex, despite the fact that the Jets made him an absurd offer. Idzik chose to take the job after being informed he'd have to take Rex. Absolutely nothing in the world forcing him to take that offer. He chose to take it when he could have walked.

Fair enough.  Let's fire both of those clowns.  Cut Geno.  Fire MM.  Let Vick go kill dogs in his retirement home in Hampton and move the f*ck on already.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harvin is an extremely talented young player that they just picked up for a mid-round pick, and whom they have some leverage with. The upside is great, if he likes NY and gets his head together even a little bit. The downside is that he's cut, you lose a 6th, and you have 43+ million in cap space. If there's one thing that's clear, it's that John Idzik doesn't give a rat's ass what the fanbase thinks about him.

It's his best quality, IMO. Tannenbaum was always worried about media perception, and it led to him making some really bad decisions.

He inherited a very Poor roster, got rid of the obvious trash we had, and cleared money from our poor overpriced dross Sanchez, Holmes. He traded Revis (Woody decision). Had one major Hit in the Draft, Richardson, more luck then management. Then in Year two had one of the worst Drafts I've seen kept all 12 picks never traded up for the numerous top Receiver prospects, in a mega stacked Drafted.

His real down fall was rounds 3 and 4, Dexter McDougle, Mr Injury, and a guy what would have been around later in the Draft, and the selection of Jalen Saunders, was just mind blowing. He seems to be a complete Woody yes man and even the Harvin thing smacks of Woody.

It almost makes me crave the return of Trader Mike, we should be drafting top Ten (please), and do we trust him to pick our next Q.B? - Not me, We need some more Ugly Beat Downs loses, to push that Numb Skull Woody into Firing both, so we can start fresh. I was with Idizik up to that Press Conference, and the Babble Bull Sh*t told me the guy is a yes man, and has no Balls, he's just a Woody stooge the guy is clueless. The guy got a very poor talent wise Roster, and has not managed to improve it at all, which was difficult considering outside the D-Line this teams is average in some places, and Burger Flipper Street player bad in others.

I agree. He said NOTHING about this so-called 'plan'  of his. If his new plan is anything like his old plan the Jets are in serious trouble for the forseeable future. He is in way over his head and I don't want him picking the next Jets HC or QB.

I don't know if it was Idzik's choice to KEEP Rex after last season. From what I read, it was a unilateral move made by Woody Johnson aka The Turnip. Whoever made the choice one fact is simple. If Idzik was forced to keep Rex, he should have quit or not taken the job in the first place. I think Iggy is trying to build himself a "base" from which to prove he is a capable GM. His draft picks and FA paralysis prove he is NOT. For a guy who was a WR in college you would think he would draft at least ONE good one from a deep pool of talent...he did not. Jets needed a CB in the worst way, especially given Milliner's injury history and Cromartie's departure, which was a bad move in itself, he drafts a strong safety. ???? How is Pryor any different from Dawan Landry? From Antonio Allen? He isn't. In fact, he isn't even as good as Jaiquann Jarrett. Then he let's the only good CB he drafted - Brandon Dixon - get away. Yeah, the Jets need to keep John Idzik, so he can continue his MAJOR duty. Wiping the rich, spoiled owner's as$.

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely don't think firing Idzik is the right move, unless it's part of some package deal which results in us getting a Parcells-type overseer plus a big head coach, which isn't happening.

I cant figure out the 20 mil leftover deal. Is that incompetence, shadiness, a classless scheme in cahoots with Woody...? Idk But I agree that pulling the plug now would be more of a mess, unless it was a for a situation like you describe, which, like u said, isnt happening.

Woody Johnson's number one priority is something other than a super bowl, unfortunately. This isnt Mark Cuban we have here.

Even though I'm not normally on board with the idea of firing a GM only two years in, I think that Woody needs to go ahead and make that move.  This season, obviously, has been a disaster, a direct continuation of the downward slide the team has been on since losing to Pittsburgh in the AFCCG a few years ago.  It's time to completely gut the organization.  Barring Woody selling the team, which would be great, he's the only person that should remain with the organization in any kind of position of power moving into 2015.  A brand new start, from top to bottom, is needed.

I cant figure out the 20 mil leftover deal. Is that incompetence, shadiness, a classless scheme in cahoots with Woody...? Idk But I agree that pulling the plug now would be more of a mess, unless it was a for a situation like you describe, which, like u said, isnt happening.

Woody Johnson's number one priority is something other than a super bowl, unfortunately. This isnt Mark Cuban we have here.

If you keep Idzik, the Jets will be facing the same situation in their head coaching search that they faced when they last sought a new GM: no good candidate will even bother applying for the job. 

Even though I'm not normally on board with the idea of firing a GM only two years in, I think that Woody needs to go ahead and make that move.  This season, obviously, has been a disaster, a direct continuation of the downward slide the team has been on since losing to Pittsburgh in the AFCCG a few years ago.  It's time to completely gut the organization.  Barring Woody selling the team, which would be great, he's the only person that should remain with the organization in any kind of position of power moving into 2015.  A brand new start, from top to bottom, is needed.

This is the bottom line. A very good argument could be made that they should've done it two years ago. That argument still applies. You'll get the best people in here if you give the GM complete control, let him pick his coach, and the two are joined at the hip. No more of this dynamic we currently have, where the GM and HC are each trying to throw the other under the bus. Two new guys, same length contract, with the mandate to win or get fired together. 

If you keep Idzik, the Jets will be facing the same situation in their head coaching search that they faced when they last sought a new GM: no good candidate will even bother applying for the job. 

This is the bottom line. A very good argument could be made that they should've done it two years ago. That argument still applies. You'll get the best people in here if you give the GM complete control, let him pick his coach, and the two are joined at the hip. No more of this dynamic we currently have, where the GM and HC are each trying to throw the other under the bus. Two new guys, same length contract, with the mandate to win or get fired together. 

Correct

Only the old and senile do not understand this

Archived