Garth

Jetsfan80

I "saw" him at his concert in Central Park. Want to see him again though. I already have my tickets for the Taste of Country music festival in upstate NY in June. Tim McGraw and Keith Urban are the headliners. 

Nice!  I saw Tim McGraw this summer, you'll have a blast.

Never been a fan of arena country, but I must say, Brooks is a cool dude and I've always respected his values. If only all celebrities could handle that level of fame with the class he has.

Just to clarify the above post, I love him and have all his albums, but he just lost his mind right before "retirement"

I'll give you class, but the dude lost his mind in the late 90s. 

Exhibit A. 

His Chris Gaines experiment. 

http://youtu.be/H7uXAEe-ltk

Maybe, but I think when you reach that level of success and fame and you want to do something different, it's probably pretty maddening to try.  Think about all the solo artists in history who reached his level. You get ones like Elton John who can keep it together, but you also get Elvis, Michael Jackson, Madonna..etc. Some of these people just lose it. Probably a credit to Brooks that the worst it got was going schizo for a year.

Maybe, but I think when you reach that level of success and fame and you want to do something different, it's probably pretty maddening to try.  Think about all the solo artists in history who reached his level. You get ones like Elton John who can keep it together, but you also get Elvis, Michael Jackson, Madonna..etc. Some of these people just lose it. Probably a credit to Brooks that the worst it got was going schizo for a year.

None the less you've made a fair point. I'm still only going for the chicks though.

I'll give you class, but the dude lost his mind in the late 90s. 

Exhibit A. 

His Chris Gaines experiment. 

http://youtu.be/H7uXAEe-ltk

Man, I totally forgot about that. I remember it being quite the head-scratcher at the time.

I looked up the sales just for the hell of it; that album went double platinum and was considered a massive disappointment. Nowadays it's crazy to think an album could sell two million and be a failure. Just goes to show how batsh*t popular Garth was in the 90s.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived