PFF CB rankings

AFJF

Just thought I'd pass some of these along w/o going in to great detail...players that some Jets fans might be interested in for one reason or another.

#2- Vontae Davis

#3- Brandon Flowers

#5- Antonio Cromartie

#7- Darelle Revis

#19- Brent Grimes

#23- Captain Mennerlyn

t#27- Rodgers-Cromartie

t#27- Alterraun Verner

#48- Aquib Talib

#52- Antonio Allen

#57- Darrin Walls

#62- Kyle Wilson

#74- Kyle Fuller

#89- Phillip Adams

#96- Brandon Browner

I wanted us to add Grimes after his injury however many years ago. I wanted Flowers this year, after we whiffed on Vontae.

Cracks me up that Cro is out-playing Revis. Not surprised about Verner, Rodgers-Cro or Talib falling off. 

Obviously it wasn't, but who knew after that pathetic performance last year. Now we know it's not lingering, but, all it takes is one hit.

Hindsight is 20/20, and I guess u can say I had a hunch? Even the most durable of athletes are one hit away from season ending, and even career ending injury.

The big question I have is...

How would Jet fans feel if we paid the big bucks to DRC and got the #27 CB?

you should ask the question why the top 4 guys on that list were all attainable by the Jets and they whiffed on them all. One of which was in house. Im not a big Cromartie fan for a lot of reasons but if the guys playing well you can't dispute the fact we failed once again

How did Antonio Cromarrie go from being a bottom-five rated corner in the league to being top-five? It's almost like Rex's system is inflexible and asks corners to do stuff that only an elite talent like Darrelle Revis can do.

He's done it before. A few times actually. Most inconsistent player around. 

Contract years bring out the worst in him funnily enough.

Wasn't it you that said Cromartie didn't have the correct "hips" and was becoming aged as a CB?

Thought I heard that somewhere.

Not exactly. I said his game was based on athleticism and once that starts to slip his game will go completely to hell. He doesn't have technique (rarely uses his arms to jam for example). 

But I also said he isn't a fit here, the Jets needed a #1 CB not a complementary guy, That's what Cro is at this point in his career.  HE plays well when there's a real 1 on the other side taking away the other team's 1 WR. On this team he would be asked to do too much. 

Not exactly. I said his game was based on athleticism and once that starts to slip his game will go completely to hell. He doesn't have technique (rarely uses his arms to jam for example). 

But I also said he isn't a fit here, the Jets needed a #1 CB not a complementary guy, That's what Cro is at this point in his career.  HE plays well when there's a real 1 on the other side taking away the other team's 1 WR. On this team he would be asked to do too much. 

Good fit?  I think they didn't want him around because he wouldn't do what they told him to do, but he was too good to bench.  Who gives a **** if he is not a #1?  Did they try to get a #1?  If you think it is MIlliner then Cro'd have been #2.  If not, who the **** did they try to get?  Dmitri Patterson?  The Jets don't even have a #3.  

Archived