Jets \ Bills Moved To Monday Night In Detroit : MERGED

flgreen

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anybody know if direct tv sunday ticket will televise this game? I live in sc and if not i wont be able to watch it

pretty sure they will -- other games in the past that have been moved to Monday night due adverse conditions have been in the past.

I am is same boat dont feel like looking for a sports bar

"The league also announced the game will be televised by CBS in the New York and Buffalo area markets. "

does that mean it will be on directv? 

Jets-Bills game will be on CBS locally, no word on national TV
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 20, 2014, 9:35 PM EST

With this week’s Jets-Bills game moving from Sunday in Buffalo to Monday in Detroit, one question has not been answered: How can Jets and Bills fans outside New York City and Buffalo watch the game?

The NFL has announced that the local CBS affiliates in New York and Buffalo will televise the game, but the NFL has not said whether there will be any way for fans in the rest of the country to see it.

The league is in an awkward situation because this affects three of its television partners: CBS, ESPN and DirecTV. CBS would surely love to be able to show Jets-Bills to a wider audience than just the two local affiliates, but ESPN would cry foul because that could siphon fans away from the regularly scheduled Saints-Ravens game on ESPN Monday night. DirecTV could also make Jets-Bills available to Sunday Ticket subscribers, but that could also siphon viewers away from Monday Night Football. ESPN would love to be able to show the Jets-Bills game on ESPN2 while Saints-Ravens is on ESPN, but CBS would cry foul because that’s taking a game from CBS and giving it to a competitor.

The fairest solution for fans would be to make the game available to DirecTV Sunday Ticket subscribers: If you pay for NFL Sunday Ticket, you’re paying for every game. If you’re a Jets or Bills fan who lives outside New York or Buffalo and you purchased Sunday Ticket specifically to watch your team, you’re getting a raw deal if that game isn’t available on the Sunday Ticket package.

In 2010, when the NFL had to move a Giants-Vikings game to Detroit because snow damaged the Metrodome, that game was available to the local affiliates and on Sunday Ticket.

At the moment the only thing we know is that viewers in New York and Buffalo can watch the game on CBS. The NFL is expected to announce on Friday whether viewers anywhere else can see the game.

"The league also announced the game will be televised by CBS in the New York and Buffalo area markets. "

does that mean it will be on directv? 

just announced.  not sure how to post the article from the link but it will be available on sunday ticket

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/21/directv-announces-jets-bills-is-available-on-sunday-ticket/

The refusal of this league to adapt to modern day technology keeps biting them in the ass. If the NFL would stop acting like it's 2006 and just offer a streaming subscription like everyone else, this wouldn't be a problem.

Yeah I second that. I live in condo complex where Comcast is included as a standard so I couldn't get Direct Tv as it is. But you know the greedy NFL, if they did do something like this they would charge some ridiculous amount that most people couldn't afford

Crazy here, we will be lucky to play the Browns next Sunday at the Ralph! This is a lock that our new stadium will have some sort of roof, hopefully retractable. 

hope you do OK in the floods !  I went to school in rochecha, and have a lot of friends up there.  very bad news all around

Archived