What happened to jets insider : MERGED

flgreen

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Oh, aye.  Give me, SAR and select handful of others five days, and Hyatt would never post again.

(Disclaimer:  SAR may actually be Hyatt)

There was simply nothing good about it.  From the mechanics (forum software) to the stink of exploitation (be sure to update the email addresses, so I can sell them to Scout!, er, so you won't miss out!) to the culture clash of old-Scout and new-JI.  SAR is right, it was a perfect storm of fail, and it shows in just how quickly Scout-JI died.

First off, you used to be my favorite poster on JI, the mod thing wasn't good for many reasons, perhaps we can see eye to eye again in the future.  With Mark Sanchez toast (you were right), maybe now is the time.

Next, LOL, I actually wish I was Hyatt because his act is pretty effective.  I don't like the guy, but sorta respect the persona he's created.

And I think we all agree here, JI at its best was back when Sean actually cared and was involved personally, didn't delegate and disappear.  Big problems occur when most of the posters that make the forum tick are all made moderators with itchy trigger fingers, when you have to think twice about a post in a debate with a mod over there it was very concerning, not so here.  I belonged to several forums across many teams/brands over the years and JN has achieved that rare balance where moderators can engage in conversation without striking fear in the hearts of the community.  Not sure how Max and the team pull that off but it's a rather big deal.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure the guy posting as The Soothsayer over on Scout isn't actually Sean but a marketer whose job it is to make the takeover look seamless and manage as if it were a homebrew site still owned by a diehard Jets fan, Sean is probably under an NDA gag order, probably posts here under a pseudonym.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

First off, you used to be my favorite poster on JI, the mod thing wasn't good for many reasons, perhaps we can see eye to eye again in the future.  With Mark Sanchez toast (you were right), maybe now is the time.

Next, LOL, I actually wish I was Hyatt because his act is pretty effective.  I don't like the guy, but sorta respect the persona he's created.

And I think we all agree here, JI at its best was back when Sean actually cared and was involved personally, didn't delegate and disappear.  Big problems occur when most of the posters that make the forum tick are all made moderators with itchy trigger fingers, when you have to think twice about a post in a debate with a mod over there it was very concerning, not so here.  I belonged to several forums across many teams/brands over the years and JN has achieved that rare balance where moderators can engage in conversation without striking fear in the hearts of the community.  Not sure how Max and the team pull that off but it's a rather big deal.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure the guy posting as The Soothsayer over on Scout isn't actually Sean but a marketer whose job it is to make the takeover look seamless and manage as if it were a homebrew site still owned by a diehard Jets fan, Sean is probably under an NDA gag order, probably posts here under a pseudonym.

SAR I

Hey does. He goes by T0mShane.

29 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I certainly wouldn't think so. 

The IPs match. So unless Sooth and T0mShane are father and son or something a little more, it's definitely him. Plus no one has actually seen Tom is close to 10 years, maybe Sooth abducted Tom and assumed his identity. 

4 hours ago, Brady's a catcher said:

The posters who said that the only thing that made JI at all worthwhile was the great core group of vet posters. Pretty large group when you think about it, hasd so much fun there over the years. I even tried to post here and at JI for a while but then I had kids and my free time went poof!

Wonder what Borgo is up to these days. Hope he's well, I really liked that nut.

I think he is well. Pretty sure he is anyhow. Definitely a good dude. :)

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Agreed.  Same thing with the mods.  Kinda tough to be a good mod when a guy like Sean owns the site.  Max is a solid stand up dude.  Lucky to have him.  

Thank you brother!

You guys are so much fun to work with, seriously. I love this place and really enjoy doing nothing and taking the credit. It comes naturally to me. :)  Really - thank you.

• Upvote 3

On 8/29/2016 at 1:03 PM, Warfish said:

It really is amazing.  Traffic then vs. Traffic now.  Users then vs. users now.

How to destroy a forum and community in 10 minutes, by The Soothsayer.

The Stoolsprayer > The Soothsayer

• Upvote 1

Ironically I was first introduced to JN when my juvenile younger brother (seriously, he was like 10) decided to create an account on JI posing as a dolphin fan and got banned, along with my account because the IP's were the same so the mods thought it was his alternate.  Instead of trying to explain that ridiculous story to the mods I created an account here and my first interaction with the posters was the hilarious "Feed Teh Woof" Game Day thread vs the Dolphins.  I recognized a ton of names here and stuck around, even after I finally got unbanned from JI.  The community here is exactly what I missed about the good old days of JI and is exactly what it used to be like before that site went to sh*t which, if I'm being honest, was well before the switch to Scout.

There were some really good guys there, some that I wish would come here but have chosen another site that I post at once in a blue moon.  JI got really bad before it's death.  I can't be happier to be here because @Maxman has done a phenomenal job over the years.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

This is how SEO is done son. :)

ji2.PNG

Well, I just tried it.

I get the first search result as above, linking to this thread. Second result is "The Voice of the New York Jets Fan - JetsInsider.com - Scout.com"

Third result is priceless ...

"Wow! This place is dead. What happened?! - JetsInsider.com Forums"

:lololol:

Capture.GIF

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You kill me dude.  Like a monocle and a furry cat away from being a James Bond villain. 

• Upvote 1

Ham was certifiable.  It started getting super lame when the new fleet of megalomanical mods decided they knew what was best for everyone and started locking threads if they didn't like the content.  So frustrating to see a good, funny, debate brewing only to have it shut down by some jerkoff who thought he was some kind of half assed E-Sheriff.

I'm not a fan of threads being locked in general but at least here it's consistent.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, sourceworx said:

I have no respect for Sean. He banned me from his site (his prerogative, but the reason was silly), yet he had no problem whatsoever selling my email address to Scout. My junk folder is loaded with JI/Scout emails.

Sorry but that's a d!ck move.

Same here.... Years after being banned.

3 hours ago, Pac said:

I'm not a fan of threads being locked in general but at least here it's consistent.

Rare exception aside, there's always a good and justified reason for doing so. The only regret, which just happens, is when we let them go even though we can see where they're going. Sometimes it works out but often it doesn't. By the time one of us steps in it's often well past lock-worthy evidence has passed. A lot of bigger messes have surely been avoided by just locking things at have headed down Garbage Lane.

Just like some believe politics and religion should be discussed. Some things will see no friendly resolution and - unlike strong divides on Herm, Pennington, Sanchez, Rex, Idzik, Geno, and any other # of Jets players/coaches, those political and religious stances, and their accompanying grudges, never end.

We never like to say one opinion is absolutely right and the other one wrong, but those that disagree with us, and their opinions, are wrong. :)

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Rare exception aside, there's always a good and justified reason for doing so. The only regret, which just happens, is when we let them go even though we can see where they're going. Sometimes it works out but often it doesn't. By the time one of us steps in it's often well past lock-worthy evidence has passed. A lot of bigger messes have surely been avoided by just locking things at have headed down Garbage Lane.

Just like some believe politics and religion should be discussed. Some things will see no friendly resolution and - unlike strong divides on Herm, Pennington, Sanchez, Rex, Idzik, Geno, and any other # of Jets players/coaches, those political and religious stances, and their accompanying grudges, never end.

We never like to say one opinion is absolutely right and the other one wrong, but those that disagree with us, and their opinions, are wrong. :)

You guys are right to keep the political stuff off of here. It's nothing but poison. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Pac said:

Ham was certifiable.  It started getting super lame when the new fleet of megalomanical mods decided they knew what was best for everyone and started locking threads if they didn't like the content.  So frustrating to see a good, funny, debate brewing only to have it shut down by some jerkoff who thought he was some kind of half assed E-Sheriff.

E-Sheriff?  Nice!