What happened to jets insider : MERGED

flgreen

Just let this go and go back to posting and having fun.  this is pointless.

Crusher if i may one last time. RI a picture in your profile saying banned doesn't necessarily mean you are banned. Which is why we were laughing as you thought you were banned but went around liking posts and pming. Joke is over i guess it was hilarious , to me i was just giving you the illusion you wanted. Quick question try to log in see what happens. But stay here this was more what you were looking for. Last i will say on the subject

• Upvote 1

I know and appreciate this.  Just thought the two men should at least talk about a merger.  I bet Ragu would jump at the chance to relinquish his role as boss/baby sitter.

She actually argued with somebody on JI that Sparano was a great OC.  WTF?

Again, just figured I'd test the concept.  It's your ball game.

They are all definitely welcome here. I haven't heard anything about them wanting to leave, but if that was the case we are all ears. We are always all ears. :)

Once again like the thousand times we explained it to you. You were not banned you thought you we proved you weren't and you wouldn't let it go. You got voted off but still to this moment you are not banned. But you are happier here are you not? I told you this place was better for you. I can't protect everyone from the savages over there when they get in a frenzy, unless that person can give it back as good as they get it. For the love of God its Lord of the flies over there. Anyhow it's JN here and i rather respect maxs board then talk about ours. I like to come here so we can talk about Sooth and i like to see crusher always integrity where he is contained and I'll say it we all miss warfish. We hate to lose any member, we're still not over stokes. Also an sg3 rant at me is like a breath of fresh air. So if max doesn't mind we woukd like to be able to post in the lounge every now and then.

Absolutely, we are all Jets fans....post away. Thanks.

We have an open door policy here. Everyone is welcome, it has always been that way.  They have so many great posters over there.

We definitely can't do the nude photos thing and the excessive cursing, just not our thing.  But otherwise we are pretty relaxed.

I like T&A as much as the next guy but who needs it on a football forum?

lol

Personally, I think the hampur and jetnation complement each other. There's no need to merge them. I go to both sites for 2 different experiences, and the only commonality is that the users love/hate the Jets. 

^ This

Sounds more like a misunderstanding.  Do it with PM's if you must.  Just don;t want it on this board.  OK?

I can understand not wanting it on the board. But Ragu makes a public post, and I'm only supposed to reply via PM? Is that fair? And did you warn Ragu as well? I didn't see it if you did. Shouldn't there be a level playing field? Hey, you a Pats fan?

• Thumb Down 1

I can understand not wanting it on the board. But Ragu makes a public post, and I'm only supposed to reply via PM? Is that fair? And did you warn Ragu as well? I didn't see it if you did. Shouldn't there be a level playing field? Hey, you a Pats fan?

Personal attack on best mod here.

Seriously though, shut up.

• Upvote 1

Fair?  Where the hell do you think you are?  LOL  let it go.  Not asking again.

• Upvote 1

Let's get this thread back on topic. It has gone sideways. This is about ji selling \ merging or whatever it is called with Scout.

Well then there's nothing left to talk about.

As history now shows, JI was a bunch of nothing, it meant nothing, it was nothing, it had no value. Look at any forum, I belong to a bunch actively and like many have been doing this for 20 years now, and it's always the same thing. There are 10-20 core posters that stir the drink, everything else is vapor or eye candy. A forum is fragile, just one or two bad decisions that upset the ecosystem and it can all fall apart.

On the surface, one can say that JI died because of this sale to Scout and it's unattractive UI, but that's not the truth. JI already took its fatal blows by turning its best posters into bad moderators, allowing the Hangar to fester into a backstabbing cliquefest, and letting a few homers ruin the experience for all. Sean wasn't "merging", he was "bailing" and I find it quite funny that every negative post about JI in this thread starts with "I love Sean" or "We all know it wasn't Sean's fault" or "Sean wouldn't have done this if he knew this would happen". How naive.

The guy ruined his product through neglect, he finally figured it out, and he got out while it was still worth something, probably $30,000. The internet is vast, superior sites like JN exist, and just like the old Giants Stadium argument, wherever Jets fans congregate is where we all want to be and for a fleeting moment that place was JI and now its not.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

In hindsight, the sad demise of J.I. was a complete and total failure for everyone involved, except Sean of course.

-Existing J.I. Football Board Community was scattered to the winds, with (it seems) very few remaining active on "Scout JI".  That forum is a tomb of inactivity and weak posting.

-Existing Scout Forum was utterly destroyed, lost all it's Mods, many of it's (few) regulars, and is now just as dead as it was before, only with less civility and over-moderation.  Given the scarcity of any JI Regulars, they at least have a chance to win it back over time.

-JI Hampur Community moved en masse to a closed (register-only) site with (when I last looked at it) very little worthwhile football content, and Ragu in charge.  One giant in-joke of CHE :winking0001: , by and for members-only.

-JN got SAR.  And SG.   

-Everyone who foolishly gave their email addresses are now getting spammed with Scout-Spam, and probably have their emails sold on to an assortment of third parties.

Such is life. 

Hi friend Fish! Pretty accurate summary, although I have to say we didn't retain all the Hampurites. 

This is 100% true.  I pop in there every once in a while to see if there are any worthwhile discusions...there never really is. Anytime there was one I would try and contribute and just go largely ignored since I wasn't one of the "in's"...well now they're begging for money to keep the forum alive.  They can go **** themselves.

Remind me never to trust you when you say something is "100%." Football discussion may not be on the level it is here, but it certainly exceeds that of the Pfailstrip on JI the past few years. Also, let's keep in mind this is the offseason for Jets football, which makes it the regular season for Hampurites.

And asking what amount of money people think a membership donation is fair wouldn't qualify as "begging for money to keep a forum alive." You'd be shocked at the amounts pledged prior to that, along with just who those people are. But hey, stick with whatever narrative you formulated to make you feel comfortable in telling us to go **** ourselves, you classy guy, you.

I love those guys, almost to the man, so I'm certainly not going to say they can go f' themselves.

They built what they loved most, a Hampur.  With everything that entails, including some of the drawbacks you mention (i.e. not really for new guys or quiet guys, but for the long-time Hampur In-Crowd).  Nothing whatsoever wrong with that, and I'm truly sorry to hear they're already having hosting cost problems.  I hope they get it figured out, between the regulars there, I am sure they can fund it.

That a really, really good group of folks over there IMO.  I wish they had all just come here, it's not like JN's "Off Topic" is much to look at at current, they coulda just taken that over for free.  /shrug

Miss you too, buddy. We're good though. Don't listen to the haters.

No censorship? You mean other than banning those who question the way the board is run?

So are you saying I should not respond if Ragu posts lies about me? Is that fair?

Dude.

Dude....

dwightoffice_zpsf49be571.jpg

I am the best mod here. You shut it.

Link? :winking0001:

• Upvote 2

Well then there's nothing left to talk about.

As history now shows, JI was a bunch of nothing, it meant nothing, it was nothing, it had no value. Look at any forum, I belong to a bunch actively and like many have been doing this for 20 years now, and it's always the same thing. There are 10-20 core posters that stir the drink, everything else is vapor or eye candy. A forum is fragile, just one or two bad decisions that upset the ecosystem and it can all fall apart.

On the surface, one can say that JI died because of this sale to Scout and it's unattractive UI, but that's not the truth. JI already took its fatal blows by turning its best posters into bad moderators, allowing the Hangar to fester into a backstabbing cliquefest, and letting a few homers ruin the experience for all. Sean wasn't "merging", he was "bailing" and I find it quite funny that every negative post about JI in this thread starts with "I love Sean" or "We all know it wasn't Sean's fault" or "Sean wouldn't have done this if he knew this would happen". How naive.

The guy ruined his product through neglect, he finally figured it out, and he got out while it was still worth something, probably $30,000. The internet is vast, superior sites like JN exist, and just like the old Giants Stadium argument, wherever Jets fans congregate is where we all want to be and for a fleeting moment that place was JI and now its not.

SAR I

Every negative comment? Not me bud. In another thread I called him a liar. I even made a post that was suggestive of that on his old site. And to the credit of the moderators there, I wasn't banned for that, although I did get a negative rep from one mod. Guess he was doing Sean's dirty work.

Every negative comment? Not me bud. In another thread I called him a liar. I even made a post that was suggestive of that on his old site. And to the credit of the moderators there, I wasn't banned for that, although I did get a negative rep from one mod. Guess he was doing Sean's dirty work.

Lets be positive, Pats looking like ThugTurds:

From a Jets point of view:

tumblr_mkiqshqtsU1s43ynfo1_500.gif

Lets be positive, Pats looking like ThugTurds:

From a Jets point of view:

So you don't count as positive the fact that I gave the mods at the old place credit for not banning me? Or are you saying the only things that count as positive are negative comments about the Pats?  :winking0001:

So you don't count as positive the fact that I gave the mods at the old place credit for not banning me? Or are you saying the only things that count as positive are negative comments about the Pats?  :winking0001:

Huh?? No idea what you are talking about.

Calm down, you seem a tad paranoid.

I was being nice....... everyone here great, you will be treated fair as opposed to JI which was idiotic many years ago when I left.