What happened to jets insider : MERGED

flgreen

Huh?? No idea what you are talking about.

Calm down, you seem a tad paranoid.

I was being nice....... everyone here great, you will be treated fair as opposed to JI which was idiotic many years ago when I left.

You quoted a post of mine and led off with "let's be positive." That suggests to me that you thought I was being negative when I had actually said something good about the mods at the old JI site.

Not saying you weren't trying to be nice, but maybe you may need to calm down yourself a bit.

Well then there's nothing left to talk about.

As history now shows, JI was a bunch of nothing, it meant nothing, it was nothing, it had no value. Look at any forum, I belong to a bunch actively and like many have been doing this for 20 years now, and it's always the same thing. There are 10-20 core posters that stir the drink, everything else is vapor or eye candy. A forum is fragile, just one or two bad decisions that upset the ecosystem and it can all fall apart.

On the surface, one can say that JI died because of this sale to Scout and it's unattractive UI, but that's not the truth. JI already took its fatal blows by turning its best posters into bad moderators, allowing the Hangar to fester into a backstabbing cliquefest, and letting a few homers ruin the experience for all. Sean wasn't "merging", he was "bailing" and I find it quite funny that every negative post about JI in this thread starts with "I love Sean" or "We all know it wasn't Sean's fault" or "Sean wouldn't have done this if he knew this would happen". How naive.

The guy ruined his product through neglect, he finally figured it out, and he got out while it was still worth something, probably $30,000. The internet is vast, superior sites like JN exist, and just like the old Giants Stadium argument, wherever Jets fans congregate is where we all want to be and for a fleeting moment that place was JI and now its not.

SAR I

I agree on the nature of forums. Which is why we work so hard here to build up the blog and social media presence in addition to the forum. They end up being nice functionality that compliments the forum here.

• Upvote 1

You quoted a post of mine and led off with "let's be positive." That suggests to me that you thought I was being negative when I had actually said something good about the mods at the old JI site.

Not saying you weren't trying to be nice, but maybe you may need to calm down yourself a bit.

He's very old and doesn't hear too well. Maybe you should say that a little louder in caps.

Jetworks & Jetswin, two of the very best things that ever came out of JI IMO.

/nuffsaid.

Awww, wuv you too, WF!

I would make sure i went to the picture thread with out fail a few times a week and was never disappointed.

It was all the pics of me in my biking spandex, amirite?

Yes

Like I said, always enjoyed your posts back on JI. Glad to see you around again.

I watched you fighting this over there and now here. You are just digging yourself into a bigger and bigger hole every time you post about this.

Wasting.

Your.

Breath.

BPvsThor.jpg

Mr. StayPuft, not Michelin Man...we're talking about Thor, remember?

Lol Thor is the stay puff marshmallow man. Now I remember. It's been a while. And Thor still has his Unremovable warning points on his account that I placed there.

Every negative comment? Not me bud. In another thread I called him a liar. I even made a post that was suggestive of that on his old site. And to the credit of the moderators there, I wasn't banned for that, although I did get a negative rep from one mod. Guess he was doing Sean's dirty work.

You have to let it go.

Sean is no more. No website, no credenitals, no free eats. He's taken his Scout money and after 15 years of work the spoils of his victory is the purchase of half a Hyundai. That should be enough vengence for you right there. Sean was always square with me, I've got no grudge. I am happy to see the new Hangar site hit the skids, like that wasn't predictible. The 8th grade lunch table isn't much fun when all you have to talk to are 8th graders. All those posters who poisoned JI are trapped there now. It's like that space prism thing from Superman I.

SAR I

You have to let it go.

Sean is no more. No website, no credenitals, no free eats. He's taken his Scout money and after 15 years of work the spoils of his victory is the purchase of half a Hyundai. That should be enough vengence for you right there. Sean was always square with me, I've got no grudge. I am happy to see the new Hangar site hit the skids, like that wasn't predictible. The 8th grade lunch table isn't much fun when all you have to talk to are 8th graders. All those posters who poisoned JI are trapped there now. It's like that space prism thing from Superman I.

SAR I

The fact that you don't know it's called The Phantom Zone makes me hate you that much more.

• Upvote 4

You have to let it go.

SAR I

poking-a-hornet-s-nest-o.gif

The fact that you don't know it's called The Phantom Zone makes me hate you that much more.

PZ7.jpg

"We can't take on more posters but we have no audience without more posters but we've locked our doors but we need to open our doors but wait we are really funny inside joke put down inappropriate gif wait what?"

SAR I

• Upvote 1

You have to let it go.

SAR I

So it didn't irk you when he zeroed your post count, banned you, then deleted your account?

• Upvote 1

So it didn't irk you when he zeroed your post count, banned you, then deleted your account?

Not one iota.

I told Sean very publicly that I was leaving and the reasons why and it was the response I expected. Thing is, the 50,000 posts and all that content, I wasn't in it for him, I was in it for me and I got what I wanted out of it. Loved it from 2004 to 2011 but he listened to the wrong people and let it erode to 2014 and now its gone. We all got what we deserved, didn't we? Sean is banished, the Hangar fools are in the Phantom Zone, we're here with other good JI posters mingling with the JN folks. It's all good*

SAR I

* So long as JN management doesn't allow the Hangar II to materialize here.

Not one iota.

I told Sean very publicly that I was leaving and the reasons why and it was the response I expected. Thing is, the 50,000 posts and all that content, I wasn't in it for him, I was in it for me and I got what I wanted out of it. Loved it from 2004 to 2011 but he listened to the wrong people and let it erode to 2014 and now its gone. We all got what we deserved, didn't we? Sean is banished, the Hangar fools are in the Phantom Zone, we're here with other good JI posters mingling with the JN folks. It's all good*

SAR I

Amen.

Not one iota.

SAR I

If the people who you feel ruined JI want to post here they are more than welcome. We are not going to stop people from posting here because they are friends and have in jokes. 

We've never been about that and won't start now. 

• Upvote 3