What happened to jets insider : MERGED

flgreen

So who, specifically, do you have "beef" with? Seriously, how is it that you are not able to get along with the collection of non-egotistical idiots assembled over at Ragu's site?

Bi-zarre.

Off topic..thought of you and the Fish  the other night.

I am dating this gal who had Belveder scotch at her house.  Friggin out of control smooth.

Have you tried it?

We need a damn scotch thread.

So who, specifically, do you have "beef" with? Seriously, how is it that you are not able to get along with the collection of non-egotistical idiots assembled over at Ragu's site?

Bi-zarre.

Several people have been run off of that site. At least that was so before I was run off too. Have things settled down now?

Off topic..thought of you and the Fish  the other night.

I am dating this gal who had Belveder scotch at her house.  Friggin out of control smooth.

Have you tried it?

We need a damn scotch thread.

Can't say I'm familiar with that. Warfish started one over here, check the Lounge.

Several people have been run off of that site. At least that was so before I was run off too. Have things settled down now?

Define several. "Run off" on the internet sounds like "ran away due to thin skin or overly sensitive." Also, you weren't run off AFAIK, you left over whatever kerfuffle you had with Ragu regarding a temporary banning and/or extensive PMing about some silliness you deemed hyper-important. Feel free to come back. Or don't. Things are the same as they were. Only banning I believe was sg3, but he's pretty much universally despised so no surprise there.

• Upvote 2

The best way to do it is head over to the forum, and read a completed game or two: http://forums.jetnation.com/forum/23-mafia-game-forum/

And, once you think you're ready, you can get your feet wet by signing up in the next game's signup thread.

Thanks. How soon before the next game starts? Or is that dependent on the outcome of the previous one?

I wouldn't wish being a mod on my worst enemy.

They tried to talk you into the "initiation" too, I see. It was like the masked ball scene from EyesWideShut. I'll never get the taste...errr...memory out of my mouth. Mind. Not mouth.

Find your happy place, lance, find your happy place, find your happy place, find your happy place, find your happy place findyourhappyplacehappyplacehappyplace....

Can't say I'm familiar with that. Warfish started one over here, check the Lounge.

Define several. "Run off" on the internet sounds like "ran away due to thin skin or overly sensitive." Also, you weren't run off AFAIK, you left over whatever kerfuffle you had with Ragu regarding a temporary banning and/or extensive PMing about some silliness you deemed hyper-important. Feel free to come back. Or don't. Things are the same as they were. Only banning I believe was sg3, but he's pretty much universally despised so no surprise there.

Nope. Tony Clifton was banned, account deleted by admin. And so was I banned, twice. The dustup with Ragu was when I learned he had lied to me, and had not simply been duped himself by one of his mods. But please thank him for me, will you? When I was unbanned by him recently I was finally able to log in and delete my two accounts there. Can't thank him myself because I have him on ignore here. This should finally be the end of it.

Nope. Tony Clifton was banned, account deleted by admin. And so was I banned, twice. The dustup with Ragu was when I learned he had lied to me, and had not simply been duped himself by one of his mods. But please thank him for me, will you? When I was unbanned by him recently I was finally able to log in and delete my two accounts there. Can't thank him myself because I have him on ignore here. This should finally be the end of it.

Let's hope. 

To the best of my knowledge, Belvedere, a Polish producer of fine Vodka (generally rye-based), does not make a whisky product.

Racking my brain to think what it could have been?

Only thing from Poland similar to Whisky I'm aware of is this stuff, exceptionally hard to get in the States.

kozuba_starkus__91337.1405475436.1280.12

Run off because we asked about a red bar in the profile, a spectacle made and blown completely out of proportion, labeled as "whining to the mods."  What a bunch of whack jobs...

Ragu pretty much threw me under a bus after I had just previously PM'd him for the first time to offer him a contribution to the site. 

It's a shame, some good people on that site.

Some good people here too I see...

• Upvote 1

Run off because we asked about a red bar in the profile, a spectacle made and blown completely out of proportion, labeled as "whining to the mods."  What a bunch of whack jobs...

Ragu pretty much threw me under a bus after I had just previously PM'd him for the first time to offer him a contribution to the site. 

It's a shame, some good people on that site.

Some good people here too I see...

Couldn't agree more.

• 1 month later...

i am really curious what Sooth's perspective of the move is now that the site had gone to sh*t.

i am sure they made it worth his while, but he cant be happy with the demise of JI.

Demise?  Maybe complete, unmitigated cluster fukk disaster is more like it.

I'm with you, DBA.  I'd love to know his mindset right now.

Demise?  Maybe complete, unmitigated cluster fukk disaster is more like it.

I'm with you, DBA.  I'd love to know his mindset right now.

you can't corporatize something that started from passion and expect it to be the same. that's why the jets cheer is a joke now. video submissions, team picks "chant leaders" so freaking contrived.

• Upvote 1

Check this out.  Sooth is offering a special sale on membership until 9PM today.  Pay for one month and get nine free.

Wow is that pathetic.  Who the fukk would pay for that?

http://nyj.scout.com/forums/1875-the-landing-strip/13675269-flash-sale-till-9pm-7-mos-for-1?s=65

He is getting hammered in that thread, wow.

From a sales perspective, when price isn't holding people back from buying something -- giving them more of it at the same or lower price just doesn't help.

It is all about value. If your customers don't perceive value in your offering, you won't sell much of it.

• Upvote 1

i am really curious what Sooth's perspective of the move is now that the site had gone to sh*t.

i am sure they made it worth his while, but he cant be happy with the demise of JI.

Just a shockingly bad move.  Seems like it was a total "bait & switch" where certain

upgrades were promised but were never going to be fulfilled.  To put in so much

hard work over a decade to build a brand and then kill it with one decision is beyond 

sad

• Upvote 3

you can't corporatize something that started from passion and expect it to be the same. that's why the jets cheer is a joke now. video submissions, team picks "chant leaders" so freaking contrived.

Yup.  I keep imagining the sheep that followed him over to scout only to be blindsided by the enormity of his indifference.

He is getting hammered in that thread, wow.

From a sales perspective, when price isn't holding people back from buying something -- giving them more of it at the same or lower price just doesn't help.

It is all about value. If your customers don't perceive value in your offering, you won't sell much of it.

Dead on.

• Upvote 1