What happened to jets insider : MERGED

flgreen

He is getting hammered in that thread, wow.

From a sales perspective, when price isn't holding people back from buying something -- giving them more of it at the same or lower price just doesn't help.

It is all about value. If your customers don't perceive value in your offering, you won't sell much of it.

Is that why you charge $0? :Nuts:

• Upvote 1

It is sad to see a website just bottom out

In my heart, I truly feel sorry for the guys who were at scout before the "merger".  It was a nice, quiet Jet fan hangout.  

Looks like all the regulars split, including all their mods.  No one seemed to mind the exodus figuring all the JI people would fill in.  Just never happened.

• Upvote 1

Just a shockingly bad move.  Seems like it was a total "bait & switch" where certain

upgrades were promised but were never going to be fulfilled.  To put in so much

hard work over a decade to build a brand and then kill it with one decision is beyond 

sad

agreed.... prolly got a bit of cash and saw the site being developed etc.  There are literally days there where 20 posts is the highwater mark.

Sooth blew it...  was a very good site.

• Upvote 2

Just took a quick look ... last post in the Premium Subscriber forum was on 12th Jan. By Sooth. Total of 16 topics and 22 posts in the forum.

If that was my site I would create like 400 fake accounts and post in that forum with them. People would pay for the VIP just to figure out what the hell was going on in there lol.

agreed.... prolly got a bit of cash and saw the site being developed etc.  There are literally days there where 20 posts is the highwater mark.

Sooth blew it...  was a very good site.

I have posted it before, but I like being a broken record. When I met the head of marketing I was concerned because he knew nothing about football. 

So a few weeks ago when he sent me a LinkedIn request and I found out he was no longer there....it was very telling.

When the guy who was part of pitching you leaves and tells you that you made the right decision....yeah that doesn't suck!

I have posted it before, but I like being a broken record. When I met the head of marketing I was concerned because he knew nothing about football. 

So a few weeks ago when he sent me a LinkedIn request and I found out he was no longer there....it was very telling.

When the guy who was part of pitching you leaves and tells you that you made the right decision....yeah that doesn't suck!

feel bad for JI and its long time posters. you'd figure scout has seen this type of reaction before and would have a member retention strategy. hell give anyone there for more than a year a free membership, something, anything. show you care about them. i mean seriously i know nothing about this stuff and i could see it coming from a mile away.

This just goes to show you that its not all about the Admin. its the posters and the community that make up the site.

The Ironic part is that he copied everything we've done here from the lounge (then he made the hampur) to reputation lol but I guess he must have heard that you turned down a multi bilion dollar offer from scout and that he had to take advantage of that opportunity.

• Upvote 1

feel bad for JI and its long time posters. you'd figure scout has seen this type of reaction before and would have a member retention strategy. hell give anyone there for more than a year a free membership, something, anything. show you care about them. i mean seriously i know nothing about this stuff and i could see it coming from a mile away.

I don't feel badly, not one bit. sooth became a sanctimonious douche, and he ran the site that way. he sold out on the members there. first, to have cannizzaro write for the site, you weren't allowed to criticize him anymore.....and then for press passes you weren't even allowed to criticize the team or any players anymore, and now its the ultimate sell-out. it went from being a very good site to bullsh*t, imo. I was banned for criticizing lavernaeus coles....and then was asked to come back when he started bleeding members to this site. it was too late though, as once I came here I realized this site was just a much, much better site to come and bullsh*t about the team and get news. I told them to shove it. th eonly regret I had was not coming over to this site when they originals here left JI and started this site....but that all happened when I was a fairly new member at JI and I didn't know any better yet. sooth's bullsh*t was good for this site though, as its now really THE ONLY real jets site. the gang green site is long running, and has a fair amount of traffic, but is still not even close to the quality level of this site

• Upvote 2

Scoutcancer just destroyed another place (Raiders Messageboard):

No one posts here.  Am I missing something or has this switch totally lost all of the faithful?  You check in here every day and the same posts remain for weeks.  

Am I missing the board where people actually gather and talk about the Raiders?  Please help!

• Upvote 1

I don't actually think that is Sean posting over at Scout.

When they bought JI they bought his userid too, it's probably some junior marketing guy who works in the Scout social media center.

SAR I

What really gets me is all the spam I get from Scout now. Next time I see one I'm creating a mail filter so their spam will be directed right to my trash. 

• Upvote 1

Same here. I even unsubscribed from their newsletter bullsh*t but I keep getting mails from those spamming Scout turds.

And don't forget all the spam from 3rd party organizations who Scout sold your email address to. I was flooded with them within 2 weeks of having been hoodwinked into signing up.

The spam doesn't have to say Scout on it to still have originated from an action taken by Scout.

the gang green site is long running, and has a fair amount of traffic, but is still not even close to the quality level of this site

I like GGs articles but cannot stand the comment section.

I was at JI for a very very short time (weeks). Then I found this spot. The posters are good, as are the articles/columns/what have you...

Some personal rifts I have no idea about and either laugh or ignore. Aside from Twitter and a few GG articles here and there this is my go to site. Its the first page suggestion on Chrome for me too.

• Upvote 1