What happened to jets insider : MERGED

flgreen

30 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Some linked to it here. That was crazy. 

Most of you missed his ranting and raving in the JI mod lounge about the conspiracy against him. Completely batsh*t. 

Isn't the whole idea of a mod lounge to have a quiet place where conspiracies can be fleshed out against, well, against anyone?

1 minute ago, EM31 said:

Isn't the whole idea of a mod lounge to have a quiet place where conspiracies can be fleshed out against, well, against anyone?

You obviously do not have any idea what goes on a the jetnation mod lounge-hah

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Some linked to it here. That was crazy. 

Most of you missed his ranting and raving in the JI mod lounge about the conspiracy against him. Completely batsh*t. 

I would love to read those threads. LOL

It's a shame really. He was great when discussing football. I remember him talking about how the Jets should build a super unit D-Line via the draft, which the Jets have since (sort of ) done.

But in the political forum, he was a foaming-at-the-mouth lunatic.

Just now, sourceworx said:

It's a shame really. He was great when discussing football. I remember him talking about how the Jets should build a super unit D-Line via the draft, which the Jets have since (sort of ) done.

Don't even get me started. The politics forum was absolutely the downfall of JI. 

Ham was OK at talking football, until that whole pig being ripe for the slaughter thing. 

7 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

The politics forum was absolutely the downfall of JI. 

The combination of that and Mods who simply weren't good Mods, Mods who allowed their own views to color how the Modded.

I really liked Ham, honestly.  Always did, from the moment I first arrived at JI way back when, and he was one of the first to welcome me in, make me feel like a part of the community, and that my opinions were worth reading.  

We were very good e-friends for what felt like a long while.  Then we were both Mods (along with some other folks).  Then The McCain-Palin ticket hit, and things went south, fast.

It's a damn shame what happened, the way things played out, and the anger it caused.  I've said it may times, I'd be open to Ham here, and open to a reconciliation.  He's one of us, a Jets Fan, a brother in Green.  And we all make mistakes, we all sometimes don't live up to our best selves.  Him, me, anyone.  

I hope he is happy where he is, that his life is treating him well.  I bear the man no ill will whatsoever.  If he ever comes here (the real him, not the fake we've seen from time to time), I hope he is treated well here, despite any old hard feelings some folks have.

Sadly, I don't think he'd feel the same way.  But at this point there is no point in rehashing the negative past.  Whats done is done.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

The combination of that and Mods who simply weren't good Mods, Mods who allowed their own views to color how the Modded.

I really liked Ham, honestly.  Always did, from the moment I first arrived at JI way back when, and he was one of the first to welcome me in, make me feel like a part of the community, and that my opinions were worth reading.  

We were very good e-friends for what felt like a long while.  Then we were both Mods (along with some other folks).  Then The McCain-Palin ticket hit, and things went south, fast.

it's a damn shame what happened, the way things played out, and the anger it caused.  I've said it may times, I'd be open to Ham here, and open to a reconciliation.  He's one of us, a Jets Fan, a brother in Green.  And we all make mistakes, we all sometimes don't live up to our best selves.  Him, me, anyone.  

I hope he is happy where he is, that his life is treating him well.  If he ever comes here (the real him, not the fake we've seen from time to time), I hope he is treated well here, despite any old hard feelings some folks have.

Sadly, I don't think he'd feel the same way.  But at this point there is no point in rehashing the negative past.  Whats done is done.

To be fair, you're not the one he accused of trying to sabotage him, so.... 'nuff said. 

17 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Word was that they were going to keep the old landing strip open so you could relive all those moments again and again. I don't want to check because I'm afraid I'll get spammed to death if I type those words into a search engine. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's a damn shame what happened, the way things played out, and the anger it caused.  I've said it may times, I'd be open to Ham here, and open to a reconciliation.  He's one of us, a Jets Fan, a brother in Green.  And we all make mistakes, we all sometimes don't live up to our best selves.  Him, me, anyone.  

I hope he is happy where he is, that his life is treating him well.  I bear the man no ill will whatsoever.  If he ever comes here (the real him, not the fake we've seen from time to time), I hope he is treated well here, despite any old hard feelings some folks have.

Too many words to fit on inspirational poster.... not sure what to do.

35 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Don't even get me started. The politics forum was absolutely the downfall of JI. 

Ham was OK at talking football, until that whole pig being ripe for the slaughter thing. 

Politics forum started the downfall. The Hampur eventually become bad for overall dynamics too.... and I loved the Hampur when I posted there, when it was first formed, but back then the Hampur was just an area for joking around. The original inhabitants were ******* funny, and people were able to flow back and forth between there and football. Over time, a lot of people became possessive of the Hampur and proving they were more "in" than others. It was weird when I crept back over there, and saw how carved off it became. Not a knock on the people who loved posting there, but it became a daily exercise in proving who could reference more inside jokes. It reminded me of the name-dropping insecure kids in the punk rock scene in NY when I was young. Too much trying to prove you belong, or are an "original" and not enough new, funny content. Great for those that find that to be a comfort zone, but bad for growth and inclusion, and from my standpoint... funny content. 

Still a lot of funny mother****ers in that lot though... but when it went from misbehaving in study hall, to a gated community, it changed.

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Politics forum started the downfall. The Hampur eventually become bad for overall dynamics too.... and I loved the Hampur when I posted there, when it was first formed, but back then the Hampur was just an area for joking around. The original inhabitants were ******* funny, and people were able to flow back and forth between there and football. Over time, a lot of people became possessive of the Hampur and proving they were more "in" than others. It was weird when I crept back over there, and saw how carved off it became. Not a knock on the people who loved posting there, but it became a daily exercise in proving who could reference more inside jokes. It reminded me of the name-dropping insecure kids in the punk rock scene in NY when I was young. Too much trying to prove you belong, or are an "original" and not enough new, funny content. Great for those that find that to be a comfort zone, but bad for growth and inclusion, and from my standpoint... funny content. 

Still a lot of funny mother****ers in that lot though... but when it went from misbehaving in study hall, to a gated community, it changed.

That must have happened after I left. The late night crew thread was the original sanctuary for the funny mofos on JI. 

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The best of what JI was was in the Hampur in those later years.  /nuffsaid.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

That must have happened after I left. The late night crew thread was the original sanctuary for the funny mofos on JI. 

Stage 1: Late night crew

Stage 2: Hampur inception

Stage 3: Hampur elitism

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The best of what JI was was in the Hampur in those later years.  /nuffsaid.

It's capable of being the best part of JI at the end, while still not being as great as it was originally at the same time.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Stage 1: Late night crew

Stage 2: Hampur inception

Stage 3: Hampur elitism

It's capable of being the best part of JI at the end, while still not being as great as it was originally at the same time.

The late night crew was spectacular. It's where RJF, JiF, EY, me, you, Crusher, JetsBabe, Mick, Vicious, dbatesman, et. al.  all developed our posting styles. Those were fun times. 

Too bad I am incapable of staying up that late anymore. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

The late night crew was spectacular. It's where RJF, JiF, EY, me, you, Crusher, JetsBabe, Mick, Vicious, dbatesman, et. al.  all developed our posting styles. Those were fun times. 

Too bad I am incapable of staying up that late anymore. 

I actually didn't post that much in LNC threads. The Integrity transformation into Zaius happened in the football forum, after we got Rex and Sanchez. The Ape developed here, in the mafia forum. Poor @slats and @CTM and the rest of those guys created their own monster. 

tumblr_nje75vixS71tr6ni8o1_500.gif

I didn't agree with Ham about pretty much anything politically, and didn't follow the "meltdown." He was, though, a smart football poster, incredibly passionate Jets fan, and I considered him a good e-friend. It sounds like he kind of snapped on a couple of posters, but in my experience (based on being a member of JI since it's earliest days), of the posters who I gather were involved in the "incident", he had superior football knowledge, the most humility, and was the more respectful poster.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I actually didn't post that much in LNC threads. The Integrity transformation into Zaius happened in the football forum, after we got Rex and Sanchez. The Ape developed here, in the mafia forum. Poor @slats and @CTM and the rest of those guys created their own monster. 

tumblr_nje75vixS71tr6ni8o1_500.gif

I once recommended you for mod on JI. 

Oh how I wish that happened while I was there. 

17 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch said:

I didn't agree with Ham about pretty much anything politically, and didn't follow the "meltdown." He was, though, a smart football poster, incredibly passionate Jets fan, and I considered him a good e-friend. It sounds like he kind of snapped on a couple of posters, but in my experience (based on being a member of JI since it's earliest days), of the posters who I gather were involved in the "incident", he had superior football knowledge, the most humility, and was the more respectful poster.

Hey Ham, what's shakin' buddy?

LOL

• Upvote 3

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I would have been a good mod. I would have been horrible in the mod lounge though

The JI mod lounge wasn't anything special. 

Part of my wanting to be a mod was to see what went on in there. It was a huge disappointment. 

Most of the mods on JI were pretty good guys, Bergen Jet, Jumba, Jetswin, Warfish immediately come to mind. But there were others who I was not particularly fond of.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Part of my wanting to be a mod was to see what went on in there. It was a huge disappointment. 

Most of the mods on JI were pretty good guys, Bergen Jet, Jumba, Jetswin, Warfish immediately come to mind. But there were others who I was not particularly fond of.

I probably would have just channeled all my trolling into you, in the mod lounge. Mwahahahahahahaha!!!! 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I disagree, we had a lot of fun laughing at that stuff. Not as much traffic as the JN mod lounge, but I did like Chesapeake crying that I should be banned for my old laser parcells gif that destroyed four avatars lol That was priceless!

didnt you perma ban that macpac douche too?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BP said:

I disagree, we had a lot of fun laughing at that stuff. Not as much traffic as the JN mod lounge, but I did like Chesapeake crying that I should be banned for my old laser parcells gif that destroyed four avatars lol That was priceless!

didnt you perma ban that macpac douche too?

I did. Probably my finest moment as a JI mod. Nobody really had an issue with that one. He was given too many chances to begin with. 

And, contrary to popular belief, MACPAC was the only person I permanently banned on JI.