Holy Crap. Raiders just beat KC

flgreen

Some sarcasm mixed in there. I really wish they picked someone in the mid rounds at the QB position though, instead of Taj Boyd late.

Agree 100%

My favorite was Zak, who is getting his chance in Tenn. I really didn't have a problem with Boyd in the 6th, remember he was one of the hottest QB's going into 2013. It just turned out he sucked in his senior year.

You guys need to let this crappy idea go about losing games.  Its not going to happen.  Playing to lose is a mindset that does not go away.  Either accept the fact we will probably win about 5 games and pick around 7-10 range, or cheer for a team that loses all the time and you will get your wish with a constant top 5 pick....

You guys need to let this crappy idea go about losing games. Its not going to happen. Playing to lose is a mindset that does not go away. Either accept the fact we will probably win about 5 games and pick around 7-10 range, or cheer for a team that loses all the time and you will get your wish with a constant top 5 pick....

Don't bother, all the cool kids actually think that NFL teams tank for the draft. Never mind that players are playing for contracts, their careers, reputations, etc. and it's not important to learn how to win either (see silver spoon fed most righteous smartest bad ass on the planet RJFs post). Encouraging losing for a maybe. That's what good teams do.

FWIW Raiders are not the Jets draft  competition. They have their franchise QB already right? Jags have theirs also.

I would worry more about Tampa.

Responding to this again... this time to elaborate.

I think our competition for a QB in the top 5 of this draft will be Tampa and Tennessee. I believe Jacksonville and Oakland are set. There's an outside shot that Washington gives up on RG3 and lets Jay Gruden pick "his" guy, but I doubt it. The only other team tracking towards a top 10 pick that may not be content with their QB situation is Minnesota. Giants, Falcons and Panthers are set.

Perhaps the Bears or Rams end up in the top 10, but they aren't a threat to us, other than in a trade-up scenario.

What I haven't been able to get a bead on is who the actual blue chip players are in this draft, if there are any. Any thoughts? I usually don't know jack about the draft until it's much closer.

I think Oakland can get to 2 wins. Hope.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we'll have the #1 locked up going into the last week of the season, and we'll win that game. That is exactly how this sh*t is going down. That will be followed by lengthy posts by bitonti explaining why that had to be done and why it's proof that Rex should keep his job.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we'll have the #1 locked up going into the last week of the season, and we'll win that game. That is exactly how this sh*t is going down. That will be followed by lengthy posts by bitonti explaining why that had to be done and why it's proof that Rex should keep his job.

Win one for the Gipper! or Rex

I'm with you, no doubt.

Responding to this again... this time to elaborate.

I think our competition for a QB in the top 5 of this draft will be Tampa and Tennessee. I believe Jacksonville and Oakland are set. There's an outside shot that Washington gives up on RG3 and lets Jay Gruden pick "his" guy, but I doubt it. The only other team tracking towards a top 10 pick that may not be content with their QB situation is Minnesota. Giants, Falcons and Panthers are set.

Perhaps the Bears or Rams end up in the top 10, but they aren't a threat to us, other than in a trade-up scenario.

What I haven't been able to get a bead on is who the actual blue chip players are in this draft, if there are any. Any thoughts? I usually don't know jack about the draft until it's much closer.

Your analysis makes sense. One might argue Tenn. is not looking QB because they have Mettenberger. It seems at this point in time anyway,if the NYJ wind up with a top 5 pick and want "The Duck" he should be there for them and from a financial pov ( Im sure Woody will like this) he would cost less if he isnt the  #1 pick in the draft.

FWIW Raiders are not the Jets draft competition. They have their franchise QB already right? Jags have theirs also.

I would worry more about Tampa.

True neither the Raiders or the Jaguars will be drafting A QB in this draft, but they most certainly will be looking to trade that pick to a team that needs a Qb.( a lot of teams are in need , And both teams want to get some high draft picks back( heaven knows they need as many as possible).

I guess the saying would go like this - you want Mariotta, you better be prepared to give a whole lotta back in a trade. There is no player beside the Qb ,that worth the first pick in the draft.( at this point) Why most likely there will be a trade for that number 1 pick.

True neither the Raiders or the Jaguars will be drafting A QB in this draft, but they most certainly will be looking to trade that pick to a team that needs a Qb.( a lot of teams are in need , And both teams want to get some high draft picks back( heaven knows they need as many as possible).

I guess the saying would go like this - you want Mariotta, you better be prepared to give a whole lotta back in a trade. There is no player beside the Qb ,that worth the first pick in the draft.( at this point) Why most likely there will be a trade for that number 1 pick.

Nobody is taking Mariotta @ #1. Winston goes ahead of him.

Archived