Winstons the Guy

SonnyJet

-Has familiarity in a pro style offense

-Has the size and arm talent

-Can anticipate throws and throws guys open

-Great under pressure and late in games

-Can tune out negativity while on the field

All these factors makes him our new franchise QB. Forget the off field issues.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They caught up to Aaron Hernandez ... :rolleyes:

Winston would be absolutely catastrophic for this franchise. He is a terrible QB who wins because he's surrounded by a talent-rich team in an absurdly weak conference. He would make Geno Smith look like Joe Montana. Drafting Winston would resign the Jets to failure for a minimum of the next 3 seasons. JaMarcus Russell level bust. Ryan Leaf level bust. The kind of bust that cripples a franchise, and leaves a stench of failure long after he himself is gone.

Avoid Winston at all costs.

Unfortunately you can't forget the off field issues.  They are part of the package you get if you draft the kid.

Watching IPBAN neg rep every person who mentions Winston in anything less than a hateful-light is beginning to be one of my favorite things here on JN, should make for an interesting off-season. 

Jameis Winston = Ben Roethlisberger.  He's the most talented quarterback to come out since Luck, handles Jimbos complex offensive system better than anyone in recent memory and is at his best when his team needs him.  Everywhere he goes, re: Rangers camp, the players are drawn and respond to him and the coaches love him.  His off-the-field issues are undoubtedly a concern, but when you're as bad as the Jets have been, you don't pass up on the best quarterback that your franchise has seen in a decade because he could f*ck up off-the-field.  

If you could guarantee me he wouldn't be a total **** up I'd probably be all in. Lets see how this plays out...the desperation for QB's continues to burn franchises. Last years class looks brutal as does the years prior.

Carr and Bridgewater look like they'll end up being the guy for their respective franchises. If anything it was far from awful.

Watching IPBAN neg rep every person who mentions Winston in anything less than a hateful-light is beginning to be one of my favorite things here on JN, should make for an interesting off-season. 

Jameis Winston = Ben Roethlisberger.  He's the most talented quarterback to come out since Luck, handles Jimbos complex offensive system better than anyone in recent memory and is at his best when his team needs him.  Everywhere he goes, re: Rangers camp, the players are drawn and respond to him and the coaches love him.  His off-the-field issues are undoubtedly a concern, but when you're as bad as the Jets have been, you don't pass up on the best quarterback that your franchise has seen in a decade because he could f*ck up off-the-field.  

In 3 years when Winston washes out of the NFL, you'll deny you were ever an advocate for him.

Winston isn't merely bad - he's God awful. He's an interception throwing machine, and he doesn't even see good defenses/secondaries in the ACC. He barely scrapes by awful teams on a weekly basis, despite playing in one of the weakest conferences in CFB, and despite having a team comprised almost entirely of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders all around him. And that's not even considering the off-field issues.

"Best quarterback [our] franchise has seen in a decade"? Where do you buy your drugs? Everyone here will be pining for those Sanchezian years after we get a glimpse of the team with bust-boy at the helm. You think we have it bad now with Geno? Ha! Imagine a QB even worse, except instead of taking him in the 2nd round, we take him in the top 5! 

What irks me more than anything is that when (not if) he busts, everyone here pushing for him will act like they had no responsibility for the decision. Just as I've said before, this FO is extremely reactive to fan pressure (e.g. they don't fire Rex when they should because there's a sufficient amount of fan support not to). If the Jets are stupid enough to draft Winston, in my mind, every "fan" who lobbied for it will be every bit as culpable for it as the FO/GM who drafts him.

But until draft day, I'll do what little I can to sound the alarm bells, and hope to God that we don't make another Jets-esque move and draft a surefire bust like Winston the one year we actually have a top 5 pick. 

If you could guarantee me he wouldn't be a total **** up I'd probably be all in. Lets see how this plays out...the desperation for QB's continues to burn franchises. Last years class looks brutal as does the years prior.

Maybe we sign Dez Bryant and ask his babysitter to double up with Winston?

How many Vikings games have you watched when Bridgewater started?

The Jets would kill for a QB with Bridgewater's talent.

geno is more talented.   jets fans would kill for a QB with a brain and heart

but please keep the amazing insight coming, we know nothing about football over here

How many Vikings games have you watched when Bridgewater started?

The Jets would kill for a QB with Bridgewater's talent.

Bridgewater has a real chance to be good. He was the best part of Marylands off. when he was there. A mobile QB who keeps his eyes downfield. He is always lookiing to extend the play. One of the few college QBs who would actually go through multiple progressions during a game. I haven't paid a lot o attention to Minne. but with Norv guiding him, I ekpect good things.

Geno is more talented than Bridgewater?

Your football IQ keeps going down year after year.

Gotta agree with you on this one. This dude's been labeling Mariota a bust for the entire time I've been screaming for the Jets to have him. He was probably one of the guys earlier on this board labeling Carr a bust because of the USC game, or saying Bridgewater sucks cause of small hands and a crap pro day.

Archived