Winstons the Guy

SonnyJet

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta wait till 2016, don't see him leaving school this year.

Don't see us a playoff team in 2015 either. Seems like we're destined to pick him, start him from day 1 n have him fall flat on his ass for a couple of years till we draft crotch-fumble...rinse n repeat.

Geno is more talented than Bridgewater?

Your football IQ keeps going down year after year.

geno has the better arm, better runner, better athlete.  it's really not even close.

and you haven't used your dick since nixon was in the white house so I'd stay away from age jokes if i was you , lol

so they just showed the ref push thing on espn

I dunno how to feel about that.  you want your QB to be an alpha male, aggresive and confident, but pushing the ref out of the way smacks of arrogance and entitlement that could derail a young multi millionaire in about a month

what say you ?

so they just showed the ref push thing on espn

I dunno how to feel about that.  you want your QB to be an alpha male, aggresive and confident, but pushing the ref out of the way smacks of arrogance and entitlement that could derail a young multi millionaire in about a month

what say you ?

he is a headcase waiting to happen this is with him winning imagine if he comes to NY and has to deal with the fans, media, and the losses i shudder to think how he will deal with failure.

geno has the better arm, better runner, better athlete.  it's really not even close.

and you haven't used your dick since nixon was in the white house so I'd stay away from age jokes if i was you , lol

For what it's worth, Matt Williamson, a former NFL scout said exactly the same thing earlier in the season -- that Geno has better tools than Bridgewater.  I'm not saying I want Geno as my QB, but Bridgewater is not cut out to be a QB in the AFC East.

For what it's worth, Matt Williamson, a former NFL scout said exactly the same thing earlier in the season -- that Geno has better tools than Bridgewater.  I'm not saying I want Geno as my QB, but Bridgewater is not cut out to be a QB in the AFC East.

txs, didn't know that.  physical tools has never been his issue.  he throws some really pretty spirals, total lasers right on the money.  If you read all the pre-draft stuff, they mention the aloofness, the lack of leadership, all the signs were there that he could bust

but it was never a talent issue

txs, didn't know that.  physical tools has never been his issue.  he throws some really pretty spirals, total lasers right on the money.  If you read all the pre-draft stuff, they mention the aloofness, the lack of leadership, all the signs were there that he could bust

but it was never a talent issue

That's the stuff that scared me before the draft, and I think that's what we've seen. I don't think he's dumb, but I do think he lacks mental resiliency. When things start to go bad with him, he drops into a vortex where it just keeps getting worse. The thing where he stands off by himself pouting when the defense is on the field, it's easy to see why the players don't rally behind him. There so much more to the position than the physical gifts - which he has! He's not a natural leader, that much has become clear.

-Has familiarity in a pro style offense

-Has the size and arm talent

-Can anticipate throws and throws guys open

-Great under pressure and late in games

-Can tune out negativity while on the field

All these factors makes him our new franchise QB. Forget the off field issues.

I doubt the Jets will lose enough to get him. TB will draft ahead of us and they will take him. Jets MIGHT have a shot at Mariota, but I don't really like him. I would draft an OT in round one and shoot for a guy like Bryce Petty in second or third round.

That's the stuff that scared me before the draft, and I think that's what we've seen. I don't think he's dumb, but I do think he lacks mental resiliency. When things start to go bad with him, he drops into a vortex where it just keeps getting worse. The thing where he stands off by himself pouting when the defense is on the field, it's easy to see why the players don't rally behind him. There so much more to the position than the physical gifts - which he has! He's not a natural leader, that much has become clear.

yup.  my dad (giants fan) has mentioned several times he has never seen geno looking at the pictures of the opposing defense with the coaches on the sidelines in between drives, he always seems to be alone on the bench

weird

another poster has also posted that he has inside info geno is a pothead

if true, it explains a lot imho

I wouldn't take a chance on him with the Jets pick. Idzik can't afford to be wrong with another top 10 pick and to be honest I don't see Winston being anything more than an average starter who will flash just as many times as he makes you want to bash your own head against a wall.

It's Amari Cooper all the way. He's the real deal, an undeniable talent on the same level as Julio Jones coming out of college. Look to retain Vick or bring in Brian Hoyer to work with a then very good receiving corp and running game.

Make those moves after dumping some money into the offensive line during free agency (Mike Iupati) and the Jets offense could be very good going forward.

please no. the dude is an interception machine in college. he will throw 20 interceptions easily in the pros. we don't need any more turnover machines. plus the dude is a behavior problem. huge mistake if we draft this idiot

This (although 20 is a VERY conservative estimate, IMO).

Not to mention he's playing against defenses in the ACC that look worse than my Pop Warner teams back in the day…imagine how much worse he'd look in the SEC, let alone the NFL!

The people talking about "all he does is win" fail to account for 1) him playing on arguably the most talent rich team in all of CFB, and 2) barely scraping by the dregs of the ACC that any competent QB would be blowing out of the water with the supporting cast Winston has.

Ryan Leaf. JaMarcus Russell. Vince Young. Jameis Winston. Guy is as much of a lock to bust as any QB in history.

I like his wind up and delivery.

I like that he gets on his teammates on the sidelines and coaches them up.

He might be immature, but he's what, 20 yo?

He's a redshirt sophomore who owns a Heisman.

If there was ever a mold to coach up, he's it.

You can't teach size, and he has it.

You can't teach escapability and arm strength.

If he's there, I think you HAVE to pick him.

Let him sit for half a season (or a whole one if Mike survives)

I wouldn't take a chance on him with the Jets pick. Idzik can't afford to be wrong with another top 10 pick and to be honest I don't see Winston being anything more than an average starter who will flash just as many times as he makes you want to bash your own head against a wall.

It's Amari Cooper all the way. He's the real deal, an undeniable talent on the same level as Julio Jones coming out of college. Look to retain Vick or bring in Brian Hoyer to work with a then very good receiving corp and running game.

Make those moves after dumping some money into the offensive line during free agency (Mike Iupati) and the Jets offense could be very good going forward.

if its between cooper and Winston then I agree. cooper all the way. don't want Winston. dude will be a jamarcus level loser

FSU isn't nearly as talented as they were last year fwiw.

No they're not but they are still stacked. Which is why I think his #s aren't bear what they were last year.

But his ability to lift the teams and get everyone rallied around him along with ice cold veins whenever they need it can't be denied. Everyone talking about his picks fails to mention they never show up on those game winning drives. Ever. It's crazy. His 2nd half stats vs first half are insane.

No they're not but they are still stacked. Which is why I think his #s aren't bear what they were last year.

But his ability to lift the teams and get everyone rallied around him along with ice cold veins whenever they need it can't be denied. Everyone talking about his picks fails to mention they never show up on those game winning drives. Ever. It's crazy. His 2nd half stats vs first half are insane.

I wont be shocked if Gators beat them

If FSU was in SEC west  they are no better than 7-4

:hand:

You sound like Smashmouth defending Sanchez in 2011. 

Winston leads his team to come from behind wins because he plays like sh*t for 3 quarters most weeks.

I wont be shocked if Gators beat them

If FSU was in SEC west they are no better than 7-4

No doubt. The ACC is a joke but that doesn't means these guys aren't getting everyone's best shot and that 27 straight is easy.

The kid continues to perform. Continues a to make the plays when they need it. He's far from a sure shot but he's the guy between him

Mariota.

Archived