Newsday: Players want Rex to Come Back

AFJF

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

duh, of course they want him back. He's their buddy and doesn't hold anybody accountable. Time to close the country club and start winning some football games. shut the clown show down.

They are having too much fun for the crap record they have.  That was the first thing I thought of after seeing the story of two defensive linemen going against each other in some pass defense drill. It's was just like when Wilkerson got tossed in that game earlier in the year, the guy walks off with a big smile on his face, knowing that daddy rex will protect them and nothing bad will happen-except the league fine. It seems like Rex Ryan is the D-Line coach and that's all he really cares about, no wonder they all want him back. Now all they have to do is win a couple more games and they can then take it easy, collect the big fat paychecks and hardly have to do anything to earn it except be a "Rex Ryan guy"

You are getting too ornery in your old age. Go strum up some Comfortably Numb and relax.

Woody has a net worth of $3.5 billion. He has made $1.0 billion on the Jets since he bought the team.

Would you want Idzik and Rex running your $1 billion investment?

That's the problem with the Jets.

You think I should be happy about where this team has been heading for the past 4 years? It's easy to tell people to mellow out when your team gets all the crucial calls and has been since 9/11, while the Jets have a decent year or two and then it's another 3 or 4 in the crapper. Yea you best believe I'm getting ornery about football, I'm this close to giving up on the sport altogether.

Shouldn't the title read Newsday: Defensive Players want Rex to Come Back

Did you read it? D'Brickashaw Ferguson is one of the longest tenured and most respected players in the organization. He plays left tackle which is a position on the offensive line.

You are getting too ornery in your old age. Go strum up some Comfortably Numb and relax.

Woody has a net worth of $3.5 billion. He has made $1.0 billion on the Jets since he bought the team.

Would you want Idzik and Rex running your $1 billion investment?

That's the problem with the Jets.

This is a toy to Woody.

He reminds me of the spoiled kid in Willy Wonka..."I want it now".  But is clueless.

This is a toy to Woody.

He reminds me of the spoiled kid in Willy Wonka..."I want it now".  But is clueless.

yup.  the thing about woody is his businesses are private, so it's very hard to get a fix on his wealth.  All we know for sure is he never has had anything to do with J&J, has an enourmous trust fund he invests (typical philanthropist) and has real estate holdings

and he got in trouble for making up losses to reduce his tax bill

that's how bad his "problems" are, he has to make up losses

he has had it so easy for so long, I wonder if he will keep idzik just to spit in the face of the billboard crowd.   brats can be like that

All this year helps Rex get another H.C gig. The whole Idzik fiasco, not spending money on obvious holes by the GM. The blown Draft, the sh*tty roster. What's Rex to do spin. Personally I'm hoping we burn it all.

If Rex gets fired, all I want is for the Idziot who got him fired to follow him out the door.

I will laugh my ass off in January if, for some godforsaken reason, the Jets opt to retain Rex. But there's no way I can get thru another season on this board with Rex at the helm. I want them to hire someone T0m likes, so I can relax in the angry oppositional mob.

yup.  the thing about woody is his businesses are private, so it's very hard to get a fix on his wealth.  All we know for sure is he never has had anything to do with J&J, has an enourmous trust fund he invests (typical philanthropist) and has real estate holdings

and he got in trouble for making up losses to reduce his tax bill

that's how bad his "problems" are, he has to make up losses

he has had it so easy for so long, I wonder if he will keep idzik just to spit in the face of the billboard crowd.   brats can be like that

Your avatar language...High Priest of Syrinx???   RUSH reference?

I will laugh my ass off in January if, for some godforsaken reason, the Jets opt to retain Rex. But there's no way I can get thru another season on this board with Rex at the helm. I want them to hire someone T0m likes, so I can relax in the angry oppositional mob.

They all stay and Geno is the starter next season.

Book it.

Admit that Rex has done a bad job here. Do it.

Of course they do, it's Club Med under Rex where everyone is complemented no matter how poorly they play and there are never any consequences or discipline. What's not to love?

I still won't believe Rex will be fired until I see it. I think we can finish the season 2-14 and still see him extended. Nothing would surprise me.

Rex Ryan's Jedi Mind Tricks over the New York media are astonishing, one can say it's his greatest accomplishment.

Of course the players want Rex Ryan back. Under him, it's cool to open a year 0-8 and finish 8-0 and take victory laps, talk about the improvement we're making towards next year.

Rex Ryan is The Devil.

SAR I

If Rex gets fired, all I want is for the Idziot who got him fired to follow him out the door.

If Rex Ryan doesn't get fired, I'm going to start an online campaign to collect funds for a permanent solution that doesn't involve billboards or t-shirts.

SAR I

yes !!!

just yesterday I was cranking red barchetta on I684.  very dangerous song to listen to while driving, lol

BIG  fan myself. Have seen them 10 times at least... in 1978 Hemishpheres tour  and on and on. Got VIP backstage in 2012. Literally had wine with Geddy and Alex. See if these pics work.

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/southparkcpa/library/RUSH2012?sort=3&page=1

These players are 2-8 and have underachieved GREATLY. Yet, they continue to collect an NFL paycheck, courtesy of Rex Ryan, so yeah keep him for life and nobody will EVER expect anything out of the players. They ought to at least have the balls to admit that much. "Rex doesn't hold us accountable for poor play or mental errors. He defends EVERY pi$$ poor outing that we put out there. Why in the world would we want to bring in a coach that might decide we aren't good enough? "Please Mr. Johnson, we want to continue playing football with no expectation of producing a winning record so keep Rex."

Archived