IF YOU HAD TO PICK BETWEEN THE TWO

Ken Schroy

Rex or Idzik? I am on board with moving on from both. I've enjoyed Rex at times but it's time to turn the page. But if you were only allowed to fire 1, which one would it be?

I would pick Idzik, because he does look clueless. I would hope that a new GM would be a take charge guy and not let Rex make picks like Boyd and Conner, etc. Both being fired would be better but that my choice if only one was going.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idzik

At least Rex had shown he's good at what he's does. Idzik is sucky poo.

How has Rex shown that he is good at what he does? He sucks as badly as Idzik, if not more. I believe that without Rex's influence, Idzik's drafts will get better. I think this entire fiasco of a season comes down to Iggy wanting Rex gone to the point that he actually undermined him with inactivity in Free Agency and letting Rex have the top draft pick he (but no one else) wanted in Pryor. Now Pryor is in Rex's doghouse (one that just recently built) and can't even beat out a Philly reject. How about that prolific Jets offense everyone? On a fourth down play in GB Rex is turning in to the defensive channel while his OC desperately needs a time out? Rex must have had a lot of faith in the play called since he was already looking at what defensive play to call. No dudes, it is Rex ABOVE ALL ELSE that needs to be removed from the picture.

How has Rex shown that he is good at what he does? He sucks as badly as Idzik, if not more. I believe that without Rex's influence, Idzik's drafts will get better. I think this entire fiasco of a season comes down to Iggy wanting Rex gone to the point that he actually undermined him with inactivity in Free Agency and letting Rex have the top draft pick he (but no one else) wanted in Pryor. Now Pryor is in Rex's doghouse (one that just recently built) and can't even beat out a Philly reject. How about that prolific Jets offense everyone? On a fourth down play in GB Rex is turning in to the defensive channel while his OC desperately needs a time out? Rex must have had a lot of faith in the play called since he was already looking at what defensive play to call. No dudes, it is Rex ABOVE ALL ELSE that needs to be removed from the picture.

So we have a GM that is easily run over by the HQ? He then willingly undermined him and hurt the team to be rid of him too?

Lets extend Idzik!!!!

Rex is like a cancer that can never be excised. While Idzik seems equally poor at his job, it shouldn't be difficult to fire him at any given time; conversely, Rex has the low-info contingent of this fanbase hoodwinked, thinking he's some indispensable cog. The owner also has some sort of bizarre fetish/fixation with him as well. Fire Rex the first opportunity that presents itself; Idzik can always be fired later, since there's no real love for him from ownership or elements of the fanbase.

Also, if we force Rex on his THIRD GM, not only will the only candidates willing to take the job make Idzik look like Ron Wolf by comparison, but we will be a laughingstock beyond anything anyone's ever seen in the NFL. It's the type of incomprehensible circus-like move only we would make. It would be quintessentially Jets, which is why I don't count out the possibility of it happening.

Rex is proving to be no bargain - but given the choice between the two I'd keep him.

Idzik's only proven attribute is the ability to hold the purse strings tight - there's an endless line of candidates that could do that.

We need quality football players or we'll continue live in this Groundhog Day effect of mediocre to bad teams.

John Idzik hasn't shown he has a grasp on who a quality ball player is or how to go about getting any.    

Rex has proven to be an excellent coach as a coordinator and a very good Head Coach when given an actual NFL caliber roster.  Idzik hasnt proven to be able to build an NFL caliber roster.  Idzik's teams have been some of the worst rosters the Jets have ever fielded.

Rex's coaching resume >>>> Idzik's GM resume.  There really isnt even a comparison, like at all.

Rex has proven to be an excellent coach as a coordinator and a very good Head Coach when given an actual NFL caliber roster.  Idzik hasnt proven to be able to build an NFL caliber roster.  Idzik's teams have been some of the worst rosters the Jets have ever fielded.

Rex's coaching resume >>>> Idzik's GM resume.  There really isnt even a comparison, like at all.

I agree, but there's no way they could possibly retain Rex and try to hire another GM to work with him. That method is what brought a garbage GM like Idzik here in the first place. Have to fire them both. Rex will go onto a continuing successful career as an NFL coach, and Idzik will get a temp job at H&R Block. It's all good.

I agree, but there's no way they could possibly retain Rex and try to hire another GM to work with him. That method is what brought a garbage GM like Idzik here in the first place. Have to fire them both. Rex will go onto a continuing successful career as an NFL coach, and Idzik will get a temp job at H&R Block. It's all good.

The thread is about picking one.  If I have to pick one, its Rex.

But I'm with ya, the whole thing needs to be blown up. 

But I keep getting this weird feeling nothing changes.

Rex is clearly flawed, with pluses and minuses, but seems to be a below-average HC.

Idzik, on the other hand, seems to be Matt Millen-like incompetant - though with only 18 months of evidence.  Maybe with him, there's hope that things could change?  Or maybe McDougle / Milliner / Shaq will look like good football players next year?  That seems extremely unlikely - but more likely than us having a top offense with Rex here...

I would fire Idzik, and of course let the new GM fire Rex if he wants.  But if a new GM wants to keep Rex for a year, I'd be OK with that too.

Archived